NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, that is weird! Why in the world would you invite the press into your home?!? (And he doesn't even live there.)

I can only speculate that the father is still in a state of shock and trying to show the world that the household is normal looking?

Yesss Finally they caught this <mod snip> Happy for her fams for staying strong and not giving up catching him with NYs finest.

Lady's, if its past 8-9pm DO NOT RUN alone in secluded places.

8:07 PM
Thursday, August 4, 2016 (EST)
Sunset in New York, NY

Karina Vetrano, 30, of Queens, left her home for a jog around 5 p.m. Tuesday. When she failed to return, family members reported her missing and started searching for her.

http://abc7ny.com/news/howard-beach-jogger-died-of-strangulation-coroner-says/1454922/

He added, “We have one shot 5:46 [of her] running by one of the homes there. Her phone is going to help us out, we have other evidence at the scene.”

http://nypost.com/2016/08/03/jogger-sexually-assaulted-before-she-was-killed-police/

He added, “We have one shot 5:46 [of her] running by one of the homes there. Her phone is going to help us out, we have other evidence at the scene.”

I'm so glad Karina's murderer is in custody. My heart still breaks for her family. Even though he is caught, she is gone forever. May the family be encouraged by the apprehension of this monster. He was a young murderer. If not caught he could have had many more years to assault and/or murder innocent people.

One less monster on the streets and countless potential victims brought to safety. :)

From Todd Maisel's Twitter (emphasis mine): &#8207;

#chanellewis dad takes us to his home, shows us room where his son stayed until after the killing of #KarinaVetrano

So it's the father's home, the perp's room, but the perp left after KV's killing? And the father had heard nothing about the murder? This father's a little too disconnected from reality.

From Todd Maisel's Twitter (emphasis mine): &#8207;

#chanellewis dad takes us to his home, shows us room where his son stayed until after the killing of #KarinaVetrano

So it's the father's home, the perp's room, but the perp left after KV's killing? And the father had heard nothing about the murder? This father's a little too disconnected from reality.

I'm not sure, but I thought it might be the father's home too after reading that, but IDK. Confused

Yesss Finally they caught this <mod snip> Happy for her fams for staying strong and not giving up catching him with NYs finest.

Lady's, if its past 8-9pm DO NOT RUN alone in secluded places.

She started her run in broad daylight around 5:30 ...not at night. Her body was found late that night.

She looks very strong to me.

JMHO, I don't think he acted alone.

For God's sakes, if you're a woman out alone, carry pepper spray or wasp spray.
Also if you're out walking a small dog, carry pepper spray.

I had a close friend attacked on a back country road on their Sunday morning walk by a pit that ran through electric fence.
She covered her little pooch with her own body screaming bloody murder. Her dog was survived after $10,000 surgery, she was bitten on her hands.

STAY OFF YOUR F'ING PHONES and BE ALERT!!!

I am writing this because I'm mad as heck.

No woman can just assume they are safe in their own neighborhood.

I have done such stupid things in the past.
Riding the bike trail alone was dumb.
Hiking alone was dumb.
Driving home late at night is dumb.

CARRY PEPPER SPRAY AND STAY OFF YOUR PHONES!!!

I am not blaming the victim. It's time to teach our kids how to stay safe.
Never assume. Never.

I tell my son, he's 36, to stay alert and stay off your phone. We both agree.

I live on a rural/residential street. The way I am situated, I hear and see everything.
I would never hesitate to make a 911 call if I had to. Quite often I see a young gal running. I always acknowledge my neighbors.

Please stay alert.

he is a "size 7" student as reffered to in special education schools.Seems Normal to the common person, but is not. These students are emotionally disturbed. They feel no empathy. Look it up. This is definitely the case with him. If only we could see what his IEP says (The Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) is a plan or program developed to ensure that a child who has a disability identified under the law and is attending an elementary or secondary educational institution receives specialized instruction and related )

I'm no longer familiar with the NYC designations. Respectfully, can you link for BBM ^^?

Is the school ONLY for those labelled EH or ED?

While this particular student with such label MAY or MAY NOT have been described as lacking empathy, I believe that NOT ALL with that label have been found to lack empathy.

Course, I may be wrong

surely LE would want to execute a search warrant on his fathers home to see if their is any evidence their,

That what I thought. I think we're seeing cognitive issues.

(And please don't assume that means I'm letting him off the hook or feeling soft on the perp...nothing could be further from the truth.)

jmo

The emotional disturbance may be so severe as to be the reason it significantly interferes with learning in a normal classroom setting.

Have seen some with high IQs, average IQs, etc...but what is in common is that the emotional disturbance is so significant as to interfere with learning in a normal setting.

I have to admit, I find it touching his dad brought along his diploma. He obviously values education and wants to have his son seen in a good light. Must be hard on the perp's family....violence makes for many victims. :(
He has his sons diploma. The Vetranos have their daughters death certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member