NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible he doesn't have a computer or cell phone. Possibly he doesn't enjoy written communication either.

So far, nobody has found a trace of him online.

IDK!

jmo

He seems rather "simple" to me.

I am writing this because I'm mad as heck.

No woman can just assume they are safe in their own neighborhood.

I have done such stupid things in the past.
Riding the bike trail alone was dumb.
Hiking alone was dumb.
Driving home late at night is dumb.

CARRY PEPPER SPRAY AND STAY OFF YOUR PHONES!!!

I am not blaming the victim. It's time to teach our kids how to stay safe.
Never assume. Never.

I tell my son, he's 36, to stay alert and stay off your phone. We both agree.

I live on a rural/residential street. The way I am situated, I hear and see everything.
I would never hesitate to make a 911 call if I had to. Quite often I see a young gal running. I always acknowledge my neighbors.

Please stay alert.

This post makes me upset.
Not every single lady/man out there has the luxury to always go out with someone else. Plus seriously, its ridiculous to even suggest it.
Yes, we have to be smart and teach it to our kids. However because you dont do it, and something happens, is it your fault?
Being a single mother many times ive come home at midnight, 1 am-while my kids were at my parents overnight. And i dont drive. And can't afford taxis all the time.

Chief Boyce said Mr. Lewis had received “a number of summonses in that area” dating to 2013. Those summonses, and the 911 call, apparently pointed detectives toward Mr. Lewis, who Chief Boyce said lives with his mother and is unemployed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/...lights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

bbm

I wonder if this call was him calling about being beat up.

The 911 call back in May 2016 (prior to KV's murder) was about a suspicious person prowling in HB backyards:

<snip> He emerged as suspect in Vetrano&#8217;s killing in part through a 911 call in May &#8212; several months before the slaying &#8212; that described him a &#8220;suspicious person,&#8221; Boyce said.

The 911 caller alerted cops to someone prowling through back yards in the neighborhood.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/05/police-id-suspect-in-slain-jogger-case/

It's possible he doesn't have a computer or cell phone. Possibly he doesn't enjoy written communication either.

So far, nobody has found a trace of him online.

IDK!

jmo

Could be that is autistic. I know a 25 yr with autism, she has 0 online presence.

This man is accused of the VERY BRUTAL rape and murder of an innocent victim. He didn't *just* rape and strangle her, he brutally beat her, knocking out her teeth, raping her front to back and leaving bruises 'all over her body.' He tortured her, he violated her, and snuffed out her life. &#8206;

I don't care what his mental state is or was, I don't care about his grieving dad (who isn't afraid of the bright lights of a camera).. I don't believe his dad, not for a second. More to come from that, I'm sure. And I don't believe this kid was 'humble' with zero signs of violent tendencies. &#8206;

He was humble like Philip Chism.

I don't like posts that declare 'I'm not blaming the victim' but go on to do exactly that

I don't like the posts that declare 'I'm not excusing the actions of the predator' but go on to do exactly that.

RIP Karina. May the arrest of this horrendous monster give your family some small measure of comfort. &#8206;

Most of us here followed this case together from the very start. We're well aware of what happened to Karina and we care very much about justice.

My main interest in following cases is figuring out WHY the crimes happen. I make no apologies for being interested in aspects of cases that might not interest others.

Not every single lady/man out there has the luxury to always go out with someone else. Plus seriously, its ridiculous to even suggest it.
Yes, we have to be smart and teach it to our kids. However because you dont do it, and something happens, is it your fault?
Being a single mother many times ive come home at midnight, 1 am-while my kids were at my parents overnight. And i dont drive. And can't afford taxis all the time.

No it's not. I am saying we all need to be alert of our surroundings. All of us. Youngsters and elders.

Be alert and aware. Both Gals and Guys.

We tend to think of gals first, but many young/older men have also gone missing. Don't be so naive.

Home invasions, car jackings, you name it.

I would like us all to be aware and teach our kids to be aware.

Stay off your phones in public. Be aware of your surroundings, Practice defensive driving. Try not to go out alone late at night.
Be friendly with your neighbors, we watch out for each other. Gotta problem with that? I don't.

Who cares? Dylan Roof had autism and a bunch of other disorders and he was rightfully judged guilty. I could care less what's wrong with this guy either.

Dylann Roof has never been diagnosed with Autism. A court psychologist said he MIGHT be on the spectrum but he did not diagnosis him with Autism. Adam Lanza was diagnosed with some form of sensor processing disorder that his father claimed was Aspergers, but Aspergers does not include children with significant language delays. Since Adam didn't talk until he was 3+ it's not likely the Aspergers diagnosis was correct. There are plenty of other disorders other than Autism that fit violent children, with no social skills and who appear to have no empathy better. At any rate, Dylann Roof does not have autism.

Dylann Roof has never been diagnosed with Autism. A court psychologist said he MIGHT be on the spectrum but he did not diagnosis him with Autism. Adam Lanza was diagnosed with some form of sensor processing disorder that his father claimed was Aspergers, but Aspergers does not include children with significant language delays. Since Adam didn't talk until he was 3+ it's not likely the Aspergers diagnosis was correct. There are plenty of other disorders other than Autism that fit violent children, with no social skills and who appear to have no empathy better. At any rate, Dylann Roof does not have autism.

Actually, he was--it's posted in his thread. We can discuss it over there if you'd like, but let's keep this thread for Karina.

This man is accused of the VERY BRUTAL rape and murder of an innocent victim. He didn't *just* rape and strangle her, he brutally beat her, knocking out her teeth, raping her front to back and leaving bruises 'all over her body.' He tortured her, he violated her, and snuffed out her life. &#8206;

I don't care what his mental state is or was, I don't care about his grieving dad (who isn't afraid of the bright lights of a camera).. I don't believe his dad, not for a second. More to come from that, I'm sure. And I don't believe this kid was 'humble' with zero signs of violent tendencies. &#8206;

He was humble like Philip Chism.

I don't like posts that declare 'I'm not blaming the victim' but go on to do exactly that

I don't like the posts that declare 'I'm not excusing the actions of the predator' but go on to do exactly that.

RIP Karina. May the arrest of this horrendous monster give your family some small measure of comfort. &#8206;

You should care. We don't stop this time of crime but not trying to understand why they are committed. The punitive consequences don't seem to sway these types of predators so figuring out what makes them tick is very important to criminologist and psychologist. I think the hope is one day the signs can be spotted early enough for treatment to make a difference. As everyone who spends enough time on here knows, very often these types of killers started showing signs very young.

Actually, he was--it's posted in his thread. We can discuss it over there if you'd like, but let's keep this thread for Karina.

Sure, link me to the specific post. I've never found anything that says he was diagnosed with autism so I'd love to read it.

Sorry you "feel" upset.

My last response disappeared.
I would like folks to be defensive and alert always. Never assume you are safe. Even in your own neighborhood.

IMHO, parents could be teaching their kids to be alert. Never put your guard down.

As I said, I always watch over my street. I make it a point to say hello to my neighbors, so they know who I am, and I know who they are.

They know me by distinctive car. I know them by the dogs they walk and the kids they walk. Why? Because I pay attention.
That 30'ish pretty blonde gal that runs by. I see her too. And guess what?? Good thing I'm watching. I always say hello.
I do it for a reason. We are neighbors and hopefully we watch for each other. It's called vigilance.

I had an accident last year. When my neighbor saw that I hadn't moved my car, he came over and knocked on my door to make sure I was OK. That's a good thing.

I also hear the UPS and mail truck. I hear and see the trash trucks.

I know Bill and Bernie across the street. I have their numbers.

I'm not buying the mugging stories just yet. Could be Karina knocked him hard and beat him up, and he claimed he was mugged to explain his injuries.

IDK yet.

jmo

We can only hope she was able to do that much damage! I think it's a good theory and it would have been a very smart way for him to explain his injuries. What concerns me is his father says it happened twice. Could there be more victims?

At the end of the day this good boy image his father has for is part of the past, and now he has to face the consequences of the present. No matter what background he has he savagely destroyed the lives of the victims family and his own family (whatever family he had). I think we all can agree everyone wants this case to not fall through the cracks of the justice system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members