NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man oh man..after so many months of following this thread from the beginning, I am so sorry, happy, sad, confused and elated the monster has been caught. I have prayed countless times for this day to come, for her parents, the community, for LE and for all the fellow websleuthers who have racked there brains on this case. I am sure the Vetrano family still has a very long and difficult road ahead of them. I pray for not too many bumps in that road. I gotta be honest, I thought I would feel much more relief when this time came, but I don't ..this case will always haunt me somewhat I suppose.

Not sure if talked about yet. Beem consumed with super bowl. But I see a resemblence a bit from the sketch. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The facial hair does not match. Did he have facial hair last summer, I'd like to know.

Man oh man..after so many months of following this thread from the beginning, I am so sorry, happy, sad, confused and elated the monster has been caught. I have prayed countless times for this day to come, for her parents, the community, for LE and for all the fellow websleuthers who have racked there brains on this case. I am sure the Vetrano family still has a very long and difficult road ahead of them. I pray for not too many bumps in that road. I gotta be honest, I thought I would feel much more relief when this time came, but I don't ..this case will always haunt me somewhat I suppose.

I'm feeling the same way. I was happy yesterday when I was scrolling thru Facebook and saw they had a suspect. Then today after listening to her parents speak made me realize there is no good outcome. No matter what they've lost Karina and nothing can ever take away that pain. I feel the emptiness when they speak, it hurts me and I'm sure others who listen to them can feel it/hear it. They are broken and it's terribly sad, and understandable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't know how to do a side by side but found this
4661f62bc4747316124908a64b771ad2.png

Maybe alittle. But the sketch looks like a 40 something year old..the perp looks like he hasn't hit puberty yet..

Not sure if talked about yet. Beem consumed with super bowl. But I see a resemblence a bit from the sketch. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

"Boyce said Lewis does not have a criminal history, but does have multiple summonses in the Howard Beach area, particularly on the bicycle path that leads to the entrance to the park from the East New York side."‎

That, coupled with the sketch and the perp's profile listed below I can't help but wonder what took LE 6 months to at least question him earlier.
‎
http://gotha‎mist.com/2016/12/15/karina_vetrano_killer_profile.php‎
‎

I'm feeling the same way. I was happy yesterday when I was scrolling thru Facebook and saw they had a suspect. Then today after listening to her parents speak made me realize there is no good outcome. No matter what they've lost Karina and nothing can ever take away that pain. I feel the emptiness when they speak, it hurts me and I'm sure others who listen to them can feel it/hear it. They are broken and it's terribly sad, and understandable

Something just feels OFF..

Same experience here!

I was surprised and elated when I first heard the news. But there is something not satisfying in it. The mom also expressed that - and of course she is experiencing all this in such a deeper, more raw way than we are.

I also expected everything to make sense once a perp was caught and I'm surprised at how impatient I am, after all this waiting, to know more.

No good outcome - that's for sure. Though, the arrest means this perp won't attack another random woman. That has been a concern from the start, and it's been avoided.

jmo

"Boyce said Lewis does not have a criminal history, but does have multiple summonses in the Howard Beach area, particularly on the bicycle path that leads to the entrance to the park from the East New York side."‎

That, coupled with the sketch and the perp's profile listed below I can't help but wonder what took LE 6 months to at least question him earlier.
‎
http://gotha‎mist.com/2016/12/15/karina_vetrano_killer_profile.php‎
‎

People who get summons aren't necessarily on LE radar as rapists and killers. I think it took quite a bit of skill to hone in on the right person....and they caught a break when he agreed to submit DNA. jmopinion

<snip> But Assistant District Attorney Michael Curtis said that in a videotaped confession, Lewis admitted to beating Vetrano in the face and head, strangling her, and leaving her body in the weeds.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/05/karina-vetrano-murder-investigation/

So does this mean he did not admit to sexual assault, even as his motivation? I think so.

And that I do not believe. Not for a second

Thanks, I don't care. Murder has been around since the beginning. Perhaps the reason can be found primarily in the lack of punitive consequences running rampant in today's society. Instead of holding murders accountable, we look for reasons to justify their actions.

The punitive consequences for this type of behavior results in life imprisonment or the death penalty. Did you have some harsher than that in mind? I think the punishment is very harsh but it doesn't stop these types of predators so it's important to figure out how they come to be. I'm certainly not trying to justify a savage, rapist murders actions. There are all sorts of motivations to murder. Someone who kills a rival gang member is a different type of killer than one who viciously beats, rapes and kills a stranger or multiple strangers. If the why's can be uncovered maybe someday we can figure out ways to prevent someone growing into a monster like this. It's not excusing what he did. It's trying to understand why so it can be prevented.

Lots of things in life have "been around since the beginning" it doesn't stop scientists and doctors from trying to understand them so we can progress and be better, do better. By all means though, you feel free to tell all the law enforcement, social workers,profilers, therapist, teachers, psychologist etc who dedicate their lives to attempting to understand how killers operate so they can prevent these types of crimes how useless it all is.

The Bad Seed... who remembers that movie?
I think that people like this perp are just wired wrong, something in their DNA is whack, or a blown fuse + traumatic upbringing (abuse, neglect) makes them monsters with no consciences.

Years ago I did a stint for my nursing clinicals at a program for troubled youths. They had an observation playroom with a one way mirror. Two of us sat behind the mirror with the program director, and observed and asked him questions. Most of the kids played alone, most looked sad or sheepish. But there was one boy who was very violently destroying toys, was not redirect able, and idk... just had this crazed evil look in his eyes. I have never seen anything like it. He was only 7 or 8 years old. The director said something like, some kids just can't be rehabilitated, no matter the intervention. And he suspected this boy would be one of those.

I wonder if CL really did get whacked on the head and it exacerbated whatever he had going on. NOT that I'm making excuses, just thinking out loud. But brain injuries can cause acute personality changes.

I'm glad the NYPD was so vigilant and this guy is off the streets. And I'm glad the Vetranos will get some justice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So he hated women and thought about attacking them beforehand?? Sick of this is true. He would of def struck again imo
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701

<snip>

A day after Vetrano was killed, Lewis went to the SUNY Downstate emergency room, saying he had been hit in the head by a group of muggers, said his father, Richard Lewis, who supplied the Daily News with his son’s medical records from the visit. The hospital papers showed Chanel Lewis suffered a hand injury.

I had a feeling this was the case when his father made this statement

"A day after Vetrano was killed, Lewis went to the SUNY Downstate emergency room, saying he had been hit in the head by a group of muggers, said his father, Richard Lewis, who supplied the Daily News with his son’s medical records from the visit. The hospital papers showed Chanel Lewis suffered a hand injury."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<snip>

A day after Vetrano was killed, Lewis went to the SUNY Downstate emergency room, saying he had been hit in the head by a group of muggers, said his father, Richard Lewis, who supplied the Daily News with his son’s medical records from the visit. The hospital papers showed Chanel Lewis suffered a hand injury.

Wow. The day after! There goes my brain injury theory! Thanks for posting this!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

<snip>

If i already replied to this with same thing, sorry! Something is acting crazy!

Anyways, did he file a police report about the muggers? Is that even true or did KV get him with something? Anyone read what kind of hand injury?

Some posts have been removed. We can't post pics of random people who are not related to the case at hand just because they've been detained at some point.

Also, anyone posting inside information on a case must go through the Websleuths verification process. Information on how to do that can be found here.

:wave:

"A day after Vetrano was killed, Lewis went to the SUNY Downstate emergency room, saying he had been hit in the head by a group of muggers, said his father, Richard Lewis, who supplied the Daily News with his son&#8217;s medical records from the visit. The hospital papers showed Chanel Lewis suffered a hand injury."

KV fought hard. I am surprised no one checked hospital records. Seems like if someone goes in with injuries in the general area the very next day, it would have drawn a red flag.

KV fought hard. I am surprised no one checked hospital records. Seems like if someone goes in with injuries in the general area the very next day, it would have drawn a red flag.

I'm looking for a source now, but when Karina was first found, didn't the BOLO state that the perp might have suffered a hand injury, that she was thought to have bit him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member