NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No rape charge/s.

Why not?

Hmmm...all the physical force mentioned in the link is about her head, face, neck.

* Since there wasn't seman found, perhaps they can't prove he sexually assaulted her? I do recall she was injured in rape areas (sorry....can't type out it more bluntly than that), but perhaps he confessed to the facial injurines so they are booking what they can at the moment.

* Maybe there was a second perp? (This used to be my theory but if this were the case, I would think he would have told LE by now.)

* Maybe more charges will come?

Any other reasons?

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more.

You should care. We don't stop this time of crime but not trying to understand why they are committed. The punitive consequences don't seem to sway these types of predators so figuring out what makes them tick is very important to criminologist and psychologist. I think the hope is one day the signs can be spotted early enough for treatment to make a difference. As everyone who spends enough time on here knows, very often these types of killers started showing signs very young.

Thanks, I don't care. Murder has been around since the beginning. Perhaps the reason can be found primarily in the lack of punitive consequences running rampant in today's society. Instead of holding murders accountable, we look for reasons to justify their actions.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/new-york-law/new-york-second-degree-murder-laws.html

New York Second Degree Murder Laws

3. acting alone or in concert with others, the defendant commits or attempts to commit a specified felony (including robbery, burglary, kidnapping, arson, rape, and sexual abuse) and, in the course of and in furtherance of such crime or of immediate flight therefrom, he or she causes the death of a non-participant;

bbm

There are so many cases and the court/judge doesn't have time to hear them one by one, so there is a list and a bunch are heard in a day. So you wait your turn.

Aha! I'm always learning something here. Thanks.

For those unfamiliar with NYS Webcrims..it generally does not have up to date info the day of the actual court date, usually the following morning/day it will be updated. In case anyone was wondering when he will be back in court, why certain charges are not listed and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm...all the physical force mentioned in the link is about her head, face, neck.

* Since there wasn't seman found, perhaps they can't prove he sexually assaulted her? I do recall she was injured in rape areas (sorry....can't type out it more bluntly than that), but perhaps he confessed to the facial injurines so they are booking what they can at the moment.

* Maybe there was a second perp? (This used to be my theory but if this were the case, I would think he would have told LE by now.)

Any other reasons?

BBM, I am thinking this also.

Any other reasons?

^^ RBBM

Believe has been reported that all DNA on KV's body and at murder scene was found to come from same/only one perp

Sorry you "feel" upset.

My last response disappeared.
I would like folks to be defensive and alert always. Never assume you are safe. Even in your own neighborhood.

IMHO, parents could be teaching their kids to be alert. Never put your guard down.

As I said, I always watch over my street. I make it a point to say hello to my neighbors, so they know who I am, and I know who they are.

They know me by distinctive car. I know them by the dogs they walk and the kids they walk. Why? Because I pay attention.
That 30'ish pretty blonde gal that runs by. I see her too. And guess what?? Good thing I'm watching. I always say hello.
I do it for a reason. We are neighbors and hopefully we watch for each other. It's called vigilance.

I had an accident last year. When my neighbor saw that I hadn't moved my car, he came over and knocked on my door to make sure I was OK. That's a good thing.

I also hear the UPS and mail truck. I hear and see the trash trucks.

I know Bill and Bernie across the street. I have their numbers.

BTW, we have cameras here. Coming and going and spot on.

he is a "size 7" student as reffered to in special education schools.Seems Normal to the common person, but is not. These students are emotionally disturbed. They feel no empathy. Look it up. This is definitely the case with him. If only we could see what his IEP says (The Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) is a plan or program developed to ensure that a child who has a disability identified under the law and is attending an elementary or secondary educational institution receives specialized instruction and related )

This is a sweeping generalization of ED students. Students with anxiety, some eating disorders, hyperactivity, depression are all classified as ED. Do they not feel empathy? ED also includes Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia, Bi Polar and ODD, which can lead to violent behaviors. But you simply don't know his diagnosis and stating all ED students do not feel empathy is woefully ignorant. That is not to say this suspect wasn't diagnosed with an illness that displays violent behaviors but you simply don't know at this point. And at this point, generalizing all students who attend an ED school or have an IEP is plain inaccurate and wrong.

Not sure if talked about yet. Beem consumed with super bowl. But I see a resemblence a bit from the sketch. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not sure if talked about yet. Beem consumed with super bowl. But I see a resemblence a bit from the sketch. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Don't know how to do a side by side but found this
4661f62bc4747316124908a64b771ad2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm amazed by how "boyish" the perp looks. Not what I expected. To think that little twerp could've inflicted such a brutal assault on KV is hard to believe. Behind those eyes, however, is a savage.

The accused looks quite a bit "off" or mildly retarded.
I wonder if his family tried to ignore his needs and present him as completely intelligent and functioning as a higher IQ adult ? ( Hence the "honors student" label )

Off- topic : Also find his name curious-- isn't "Chanel" a female name ?

NOT condoning this crime in any way, shape, or form.

My other thought is --- if he acted alone ?
At this point I'm assuming this is the case; because even if someone else killed her-- there's no way to put his dna under her fingernails.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member