NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing mentioned but they will not share all of the details. This is a definite possibility.

This is new:

"A source close to the investigation said that Chanel Lewis was furious on Aug. 2 because too many people were staying in his house.

He bolted from the home with headphones in and went to Spring Creek Park."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...illed-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2965005

Wonder if CL's female sibs and their children were living there also at the time.

Or refers to father's home was just as crowded as it seems home CL was later living at with his mother was

Wasnt the predator arraigned tonite? Does he have an attorney? Was there a bail request?

I wonder if LE even knew that the perp went to the ER for injuries the day after Karina was attacked? Well, they know now.

I wonder if he went alone to SUNY Downstate's ER, and if not, who accompanied him.

I think that's in Flatbush section of Brooklyn, but not sure

<snip> Russo had seen Lewis lurking around parked cars in Howard Beach in late May. Russo called 911, as did another resident who saw Lewis holding a crowbar and skulking around someone&#8217;s backyard. When patrol officers arrived, Lewis was gone. The following day, Russo spotted Lewis again, and cops arrived to question him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701

Can you imagine any female bumping into this guy with a crowbar in his hand in her backyard?

Cannot believe the new info I'm reading about him living at father's home at time of the murder and going to the ER the next day for a hand injury!!

I bumped into a video that shows CL's reaction head-on, a frontal view, when he is walked out: I was beyond creeped out. He seemed to enjoy what he was seeing for a few seconds, taking it all in. Almost smiled for a sec or two

From the same article as Epiphany posted just above, there is a pic of Phil with a baseball bat, outside his house, standing with cops. I can only imagine the pent up rage he has after having to look at the person who's ruined so much for his family. I have a friend who, for a long time after an incident that left her filled with unresolvable anger and frustration, would go outside with a bat and hit a tree until she felt better. I wonder what is up with Phil? They're entering a whole new phase of life, of which they have no template. They were so attached to the chase for 6 months. When I heard Papa V say something about moving forward, it gave me such pause. I wonder what moving forward will look like. I have to say, he's really grown on me, that Papa V.

Am getting a Philip Chism vibe from this perp.

Just because he had no criminal history of assaulting or voyeurism (I'm thinking his creeping around other people's property could point to a history of stalking), does not mean he hasn't committed other crimes.
Simply wasn't caught before.

Viciously murdering someone seems like a large leap from just stalking.
I wonder what else he's done ?

And at his age --and unemployed-- he probably came and went from home as he pleased. My .02 is that no one at his dad's residence asked him where he'd been ; even if he was gone for a night or more.

Makes my skin crawl.
:moo:

From the same article as Epiphany posted just above, there is a pic of Phil with a baseball bat, outside his house, standing with cops. I can only imagine the pent up rage he has after having to look at the person who's ruined so much for his family. I have a friend who, for a long time after an incident that left her filled with unresolvable anger and frustration, would go outside with a bat and hit a tree until she felt better. I wonder what is up with Phil? They're entering a whole new phase of life, of which they have no template. They were so attached to the chase for 6 months. When I heard Papa V say something about moving forward, it gave me such pause. I wonder what moving forward will look like. I have to say, he's really grown on me, that Papa V.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Mr. V probably had to let off some steam re: the club. http://nypost.com/2017/02/05/slain-joggers-dad-spotted-with-club-after-suspect-nabbed/

Looking ahead, I think he and his wife will still be involved with the push for familial DNA in NY, upcoming court dates, etc. After that, it will be uncharted territory. I truly wish them the best.

This is a sweeping generalization of ED students. Students with anxiety, some eating disorders, hyperactivity, depression are all classified as ED. Do they not feel empathy? ED also includes Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia, Bi Polar and ODD, which can lead to violent behaviors. But you simply don't know his diagnosis and stating all ED students do not feel empathy is woefully ignorant. That is not to say this suspect wasn't diagnosed with an illness that displays violent behaviors but you simply don't know at this point. And at this point, generalizing all students who attend an ED school or have an IEP is plain inaccurate and wrong.

thank you for this. this is the population i taught for many years, and would again if the right job shows up. i 100% agree with you.
i will further investigate this particular school as i may have former coworkers there.
the other thing that really bothers me is how familiar he looks...

I wonder if LE even knew that the perp went to the ER for injuries the day after Karina was attacked? Well, they know now.

So glad she hurt him enough to put him in the hospital. At least I assume she put him in the hospital. I think she fought hard and that's why they found his DNA all over the place.

Haven&#8217;t been on in a couple days and just saw this and the Alianna Defreeze news!!! Praying for this family as well and hoping this will bring them a little closure that they didn&#8217;t have and I hope they give him life life life!!! How could they not?! So much thanks to the police and investigators on this case they obviously were very dedicated to finding this guy!!! But great news on catching this guy and like I said before maybe this family can start healing as much as you can in a situation like this&#8230;
Love and Prayers to All <3

Finally! I'm so glad they caught the killer. I read he said his reason for doing the crime was because he hates women, but now I can't find which article said that.

Very relieved he has been caught. What a . So angry he felt he could just take a life like that.

&#8220;He f---ing murdered my daughter, my beautiful innocent daughter,&#8221; Vetrano fumed before addressing Lewis directly in court. &#8220;Now your nightmare begins.&#8221;

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...asts-suspected-killer-court-article-1.2965076

Earlier, cops made Philip Vetrano return home after he left his house with a wooden bat.

I understand the rage her Father has, I have family members that acted out liike that in the past. After my Aunt was raped and hog-tied a few of my uncles drove around with weapons looking for the individuals, didn't find them which was probably best for them, and no they were never caught.

Finally! I'm so glad they caught the killer. I read he said his reason for doing the crime was because he hates women, but now I can't find which article said that.

Chanel Lewis admits to killing Queens jogger Karina Vetrano in rage-filled attack; police say he had hatred for women

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701

&#8220;He doesn&#8217;t have a criminal record,&#8221; a source said. &#8220;But he&#8217;s had previous incidents in which he has expressed a hatred for women. He&#8217;s thought of hurting women or attacking women. He&#8217;s expressed a deep-seated aggression towards women. But it was nothing he&#8217;s ever acted on.&#8221;

Until Aug. 2, officials said.

Cops also cobbled together a sketch of a &#8220;person of interest&#8221; seen in the park around the time of the murder, but it failed to produce a break in the case.

JMO witness/person of interest/suspect is all the same to LE. Language that is used before the perpetrator is arrested is important before and during trial. JMO

<snip> &#8220;I was angry. I had some issues at home. I just lost it. When I saw her, I just hit her and kept hitting her. I hit her and choked her,&#8217;&#8217; said unemployed Chanel Lewis, 20, according to sources.

<snip> &#8220;The perp said he had a bad temper. He confessed on video about the assault specifically. He did not want to admit to the rape,&#8221; a source claimed.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/jogger-murder-suspect-i-strangled-her-because-i-was-angry/

I'm sure rape charges will be added.

Link has other new info

He's dangerous and IMO a sadistic young man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads