NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt a retired school principal have received a large enough pension to be ineligible for Section eight? Asking generically...just to understand the parameters. I know in NJ, teachers retirement includes full benefits and a substantial retirement income.

Depends how many years he had been in the system. May have been an AP. May have been an AP being paid on teacher's scale.

Also, I noticed slight change in wording below this morn:

<snip> The dad said he was a former principal at PS 181 in Brooklyn.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/jogger-murder-suspect-i-strangled-her-because-i-was-angry/

Wouldnt a retired school principal have received a large enough pension to be ineligible for Section eight? Asking generically...just to understand the parameters. I know in NJ, teachers retirement includes full benefits and a substantial retirement income.

The mother and father were not living in the same home. It looks like he did reside with his father at one time but had been living with his mother, who if I am not mistaken is living in the home that is considered to be gov housing. jmo

Richard Lewis, the former principal of PS 181, said that last year, three local East New York youths mugged Chanel and whacked him in the head with a piece of wood, leaving him hospitalized.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/05/jogger-murder-suspects-dad-says-son-is-too-peaceful-to-be-killer/

The young man is not currently employed and lives with his mother Veta Lewis, sisters and a brother, Richard Lewis said.

The dad said he came to the East New York home where his son lives with his mother after seeing his boy&#8217;s name in the news Sunday morning.

Richard Lewis said he had never heard about the Vetrano case until Sunday.

The experts and the professions you have listed have been unable to prevent crimes from happening. No one can predict who will actually become a rapist or a murderer or both...not even the experts who studies such subjects after they have already done their violent crimes. There simply is no way to determine it before a crime has happened. I wish it could be done but all of the studies and experience these professionals have has never prevented one crime from happening before it happened. The profilers assist LE when they are looking for a suspect who has already committed their crime/s and not before they have happened. All of the professional studies are based on crimes that have already occurred and not on ones who have not happened yet.

As far as harsh punishments such as the death penalty the death penalty was never enacted to deter crime committed by others in the first place. It is an individual punishment rendered to individuals who qualify to have the death penalty imposed at sentencing if convicted. It is not a collective punishment nor meant to deter under the states which have death penalty sentences. It is an individual punishment based solely on each individual defendant at the time for their jury to consider when imposing sentence if the defendant is found guilty.

He will not be given the death sentence in NY for I don't believe they have the death penalty but he most certainly does deserve the harshest punishment allowed under NY statutes which most likely is LWOP.

No LE is going to say they know how to prevent someone from committing any crime before they even happen and the other professions you have listed will honestly say they dont have that ability either.

Amen. All these "studies" seem to only result in fodder for excuses, not results. This killer just felt like it, he says. He was "in a bad mood." Everything Karina suffered, everything her family will suffer for the rest of their lives...is because...he was "in a bad mood." He had a Mother, Father, roof over his head, food in his belly...and money to go "get something to eat" ...though he neither worked or volunteered..or did anything useful with his time.

But he was "in a bad mood." So he savaged a stranger. Sorry, I'm out of empathy for him. He was kept fed, warm, dry, loved, educated, with all the best our previous "studies" could offer him.

But he was just in a bad mood and entitled, according to him, to vent it on Karina Vetrano.

The mother and father were not living in the same home. It looks like he did reside with his father at one time but had been living with his mother, who if I am not mistaken is living in the home that is considered to be gov housing. jmo

Yes, I think we're untangling this as we go along. I think he was living with his father at the time of the murder, but likely went back and forth between the two households rather freely. Sounds like he was mad about the people at his father's house before the murder, but returned to his mother's house after he was injured by Karina. At least, that's my understanding thus far - perhaps more info will emerge about the living arrangements.

My hunch (TOTAL HUNCH) is that he was mad at a female in his father's home. Who? I don't know. But that's my guess, until we know more. This is still a developing story. JMOpinion

<<CENSORING myself and snipping what I had posted here. I got snippy in reaction to some previous posts...going back to scrolling and rolling>>

jmo

JMO but killers/sociopaths can come from expensive homes or public housing

JMO but killers/sociopaths can come from expensive homes or public housing

Absolutely. But we are trying to find out the accuracy of the reporting we are using for discussion purposes. Too much just seems contradictory. We'd be doing that if he lived in a penthouse on the UES.

Detailed article about NYPD Lt John Russo and how he was a key player in the apprehension of CL.

He's Boyce's liaison to all precinct-level detective squads.

Then this:

<snip> Meanwhile, another source said a tipster claiming to be related to Lewis had called Crime Stoppers “looking for money” but “didn’t want to testify.”

Cops “had been working, trying to convince this person to come forward and provide information,” the source added.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/dogged-cop-was-key-to-cracking-slain-jogger-case/

Detailed article about NYPD Lt John Russo and how he was a key player in the apprehension of CL.

He's Boyce's liaison to all precinct-level detective squads.

Then this:

<snip> Meanwhile, another source said a tipster claiming to be related to Lewis had called Crime Stoppers &#8220;looking for money&#8221; but &#8220;didn&#8217;t want to testify.&#8221;

Cops &#8220;had been working, trying to convince this person to come forward and provide information,&#8221; the source added.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/dogged-cop-was-key-to-cracking-slain-jogger-case/

Love to hear about good detective work!

Wonder who that would-be family-member tipster is....

With how close the family lives (both his mother and father) to where the crime happened, all the media attention, and posters up in the area....and he comes home on the same day with scratches all over him and lies about what happened, they didn't think to put the two together?!?!? Ugh.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

A day after Vetrano was killed, Lewis went to the SUNY Downstate emergency room, saying he had been hit in the head by a group of muggers, said his father, Richard Lewis, who supplied the Daily News with his son&#8217;s medical records from the visit. The hospital papers showed Chanel Lewis suffered a hand injury.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701

Richard Lewis also showed reporters a room in his apartment at the Tilden Houses in Brownsville where he said Chanel sometimes stayed.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/jogger-murder-suspect-i-strangled-her-because-i-was-angry/

In fact, Richard said his son, who lived with his mother and siblings in East New York, was previously the victim of crimes. He said Chanel was hospitalized last year after being mugged and hit in the head with a piece of wood by three people. Chanel was later mugged again by the assailants.

bbm I do hope that LE looks closely at the fact that he was supposedly attacked twice. Now knowing that the one supposed attack was by him, I have to wonder about the supposed second attack also being by him. jmo idk

A day after Vetrano was killed, Lewis went to the SUNY Downstate emergency room, saying he had been hit in the head by a group of muggers, said his father, Richard Lewis, who supplied the Daily News with his son’s medical records from the visit. The hospital papers showed Chanel Lewis suffered a hand injury.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701

Richard Lewis also showed reporters a room in his apartment at the Tilden Houses in Brownsville where he said Chanel sometimes stayed.

In fact, Richard said his son, who lived with his mother and siblings in East New York, was previously the victim of crimes. He said Chanel was hospitalized last year after being mugged and hit in the head with a piece of wood by three people. Chanel was later mugged again by the assailants.

bbm I do hope that LE looks closely at the fact that he was supposedly attacked twice. Now knowing that the one supposed attack was by him, I have to wonder about the supposed second attack also being by him. jmo idk

Yesterday we pointed this out a few times, if LE didn't know about it NOW they do. So sick over all of this.

ETA: I think I was confused by what you said. Do you mean that he could have possibly attacked someone else and that's how he received injuries a second time?

I'm on the same page with you if that's what your thinking. Something to be looked further into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With how close the family lives (both his mother and father) to where the crime happened, all the media attention, and posters up in the area....and he comes home on the same day with scratches all over him and lies about what happened, they didn't think to put the two together?!?!? Ugh.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Dude lived within the vicinity, &#8206;was treated for scratches & cuts at the local ER the day following the murder, had multiple summonses against him (from, as I understand it, the entrance/vicinity of the location of murder), knew the area very well, calls made to PD for suspicious male lurking/carrying a crowbar months before the murder, moved out of the area immediately following the murder (as concluded by his father's statement), fit many characteristics of the perp profile, *had a history of demonstrating violent tendencies towards females and attended a school designed for special needs including emotionally disturbed teens.
&#8206;
It's pretty bad when, as some have alluded to, a 'simple minded' individual can evade the radar of LE for months on end when all the clues were hiding in plain sight from the get go. * One can't help but wonder what LE was looking for.&#8206;

IMHO, from my vernacular there is what appears to be an undercurrent of aiding and abetting an individual after the commission of a crime and I hope this aspect of the case is thoroughly vetted. *This also IMO, appears to be a hate crime. The perp had a deep hatred for women and he unleashed his rage on Karina Vetrano. *&#8206;

&#8206;

Hmmm...I thought he was living at his dad's house at the time of the attack.?

"Following the attack, Lewis “had all these scratches on him, and when he went home, his mother asked him what happened and he lied to her,” a source said."

I bet he was bouncing between both homes. Being 20, unemployed, nothing to do, he probably came and went between places, which enabled him to be less scrutinized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member