NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a post from Karinas friends expressing frustration about ppl saying hes being framed..
She also said he did go home that day and had scratches all on his face, told mom he "fell"
I cant believe ppl can do this and walk away then live their life.
I saw this as well. I noticed she pointed out his height...6 feet. Wow very tall. (Well to me he is, being that I am 4'11 lol)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

As noted above, the rape charge is going before a grand jury to decide if it can proceed. There must be some confidence in sexual assault evidence to put it before a grand jury, I would assume. Jmo.

I think police sources stated/leaked early on there were signs of vaginal and anal trauma (and if so, that will be in autopsy report), as well as she was found with her panties pulled beneath her buttocks.

Boyce was adamant that he would not speak about any sexual attack when questioned today, stating that all the info will be given to the Grand Jury and they would decide what to do.

Wonder if it's like the sketch description, wool hat, etc? Also, how would they know.. he told them, or where they hidden with blood?
Local news is saying now "police recovered clothing items worn by the suspect on the day of murder"

Right. MSM had reported that her buttocks were very bruised. Graphic, sorry. Guess the autopsy will tell the story. Poor Karina...

New York Sexual Assault Laws

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/new-york-law/new-york-sexual-assault-laws.html

bbm

New York criminalizes a wide range of conduct constituting "sexual abuse," which is generally defined as subjecting another person to sexual contact without the latter's consent. New York Penal Code Section 130(3) further defines "sexual contact" to include "any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person for the purpose of gratifying sexual desire of either party," and touching of the actor by the victim, as well as the touching of the victim by the actor, whether directly or through clothing.

I agree. They may have found internal damage/injuries in the autopsy, but if no semen was found then how can they prove he was the cause of it? I'm guessing it's something complicated like that.
I would guess that by the time Det. Boyce did the interview, he had the results of the Autopsy.
I know it shouldn't take long to know if he will be charged with rape or sexual assault, but for those that like to read, here is the difference/definition.

https://www.rainn.org/articles/sexual-assault

To commit rape, you don't have to use a body part to do so. Nor do you have to complete the act. (Ejaculation)
If they had evidence of internal body injuries, that would also be evidence of rape.
Either way, it should be interesting to see if he is charged with either.

On local news right now. Interview with sister, she just said "he loves females"........

RSBM

Seriously ?
The dedication some of his family members are displaying towards his defense makes me think even more that they KNEW what he was and are going to try to make him into some kind of 'martyr' --albeit a living one.
Strange behavior.

Showing shame and/or going into seclusion (upon discovering your nearest and dearest have committed a heinous crime) I can understand.
:moo:

I would guess that by the time Det. Boyce did the interview, he had the results of the Autopsy.
I know it shouldn't take long to know if he will be charged with rape or sexual assault, but for those that like to read, here is the difference/definition.

https://www.rainn.org/articles/sexual-assault

To commit rape, you don't have to use a body part to do so. Nor do you have to complete the act. (Ejaculation)
If they had evidence of internal body injuries, that would also be evidence of rape.
Either way, it should be interesting to see if he is charged with either.

When will the autopsy report come out or will it? The amount of rage he had on that day.. it could go back to being raped with object. And honestly, with him being only 20 this may be why it has been reported no semen (although ive read differently) Maybe he is not sexually active. Just saying. The bruises on her buttocks and she was found face down :( so sad. I can't imagine her fear.

No it's not. I am saying we all need to be alert of our surroundings. All of us. Youngsters and elders.

Be alert and aware. Both Gals and Guys.

We tend to think of gals first, but many young/older men have also gone missing. Don't be so naive.

Home invasions, car jackings, you name it.

I would like us all to be aware and teach our kids to be aware.

Stay off your phones in public. Be aware of your surroundings, Practice defensive driving. Try not to go out alone late at night.
Be friendly with your neighbors, we watch out for each other. Gotta problem with that? I don't.

I cannot agree more with being aware of one's surroundings. Recently there have been several armed robberies in my area--people coming home and getting attacked in their driveways or on their porches. Late last year I got my FOID card, but have not yet taken gun classes, so don't feel good about buying a firearm yet. I ordered pepper spray and a stun gun last night. Everyone please try to stay as safe as humanly possible in these scary times~!

When will the autopsy report come out or will it? The amount of rage he had on that day.. it could go back to being raped with object. And honestly, with him being only 20 this may be why it has been reported no semen (although ive read differently) Maybe he is not sexually active. Just saying. The bruises on her buttocks and she was found face down :( so sad. I can't imagine her fear.
With the exception of toxicology reports, the Autopsy report should have been completed at the time of the Autopsy. I would think a copy of that would be with her file.
From the sounds of it, this guy was in a rage and did a lot of punching, and if she was found face down, he may have been punching her buttocks.

Lewis also gave specific details to cops about the case they were previously unaware of, which they then corroborated, according to the source

A source said authorities had opted to not bring rape charges against Lewis until the conclusion of a grand jury. The decision also delays the release of gruesome details of the attack.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ect-katrina-vetrano-slaying-article-1.2965412

With the exception of toxicology reports, the Autopsy report should have been completed at the time of the Autopsy. I would think a copy of that would be with her file.
From the sounds of it, this guy was in a rage and did a lot of punching, and if she was found face down, he may have been punching her buttocks.

Or from raping her.
Just wondering about autopsy. Some states you can order a copy.

I know this has suck written all over it, but if one good thing has taken place, it is this guy is talking.
Many criminals go to jail tight lipped, and at least in this case everyone will know the details.

I saw this as well. I noticed she pointed out his height...6 feet. Wow very tall. (Well to me he is, being that I am 4'11 lol)

And his weight of only 140+ lb.

As if that matters when a female, no matter how fit, is unexpectedly, quickly brought down from behind and savagely attacked. Her will to live and love of life went into overdrive, but no match when attacked in such a manner

I know this has suck written all over it, but if one good thing has taken place, it is this guy is talking.
Many criminals go to jail tight lipped, and at least in this case everyone will know the details.

Yes, that is some consolation. Now he needs to plead guilty.

"Police believe she was punched in the face before being dragged into the park, raped and strangled.

Police had been using CCTV footage of the young woman's last moments to hunt down the mystery man who used to jog “four or five days a week” on the same trail as Karina.

Cops said Karina's teeth were smashed before she was strangled and her jogging bottoms had been pulled down.

They said a used condom was found near where the jogger was attacked."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...arina-vetrano-court-queens/amp/?client=safari

On local news right now. Interview with sister, she just said "he loves females"........

A neighbor stated Chanel is a monster who terrorized the neighborhood. I hope they come forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm