NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in a news articles a few weeks after her death:
“I walked it several times, you walk to the Belt Parkway, to Fountain Avenue and Erskine Street,” Boyce said. “You would have to walk, you couldn’t drive a car — you could ride a bicycle.”
That area is so close

reports from New York post - Cops picked him up on a trespassing rap, and he voluntarily gave police a DNA sample, sources said. He had little or no criminal record, and his DNA had not been in the DNA database prior to the trespassing stop, sources said.

God only knows how he went from "little or no criminal record " to this brutal rape and murder...

I wonder if it was more than one person involved...does anyone remember the chatter on scanner re: teens on a bike stealing an ipad from an off duty ems (or cop?) in east new york not too far from spring creek that same night?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I wonder if it was more than one person involved...does anyone remember the chatter on scanner re: teens on a bike stealing an ipad from an off duty ems (or cop?) in east new york not too far from spring creek that same night?

I looked back at that about 10 mins ago. Definitely something that popped up in my head right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ahh...an off-duty cop called the local precinct. Wow! :

<snip> The suspect had been on police radar for some time, sources told The Post.

Some time ago, an off duty cop saw him acting suspicious somewhere in Howard Beach, and called the local precinct.

The suspect was stopped at that time, but police found no valid reason to hold him and he was released without charges.

Earlier this week, investigators approached him a second time.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/04/suspect-arrested-in-connection-with-murder-of-jogger/

I'm hoping once they charge him, that they release his name.

I don't think I've ever commented regarding KV but here to say Hallelujah!! Hopefully justice will be served! She had so many people hoping for this.
And like all of you, I'll be looking forward to seeing the answers to the many questions that have been posed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sooooo...

All those rumors out there. So many fingers pointed to innocent people (pointed on social media).

It wasn't:

- Her ex-boyfriend
- Her father
- The Mafia/the Gotti's
- Someone who knew the family and was trying to teach the father a lesson or extract revenge against the father from some failed deal
- Someone Karinna hung out with
- The guy who was also a runner who tended to run at the same times as the Ventranos.

Thank goodness for DNA!

NYPost reporting no prior record.

Sealed his fate by voluntarily turning over DNA.

He must not have been present in or not paying attention during many of his middle and HS history classes!

And... so much for the assertions (on social media and elsewhere) that LE "wasn't doing anything."

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wowwow wow wow wow wow wowvwow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wowwow wow wow wow wow wowvwow wow wow wow wow wow WOW!

I was at a dinner party this evening and when people were getting ready to go, I looked at my phone....which I NEVER do when on a social outing. I saw the headline and could hardly contain my gasp! I haven't even read anything yet, just had to stop in to say WOW!!

Okay, now I'll go catch up.

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wowwow wow wow wow wow wowvwow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wowwow wow wow wow wow wowvwow wow wow wow wow wow WOW!

I was at a dinner party this evening and when people were getting ready to go, I looked at my phone....which I NEVER do when on a social outing. I saw the headline and could hardly contain my gasp! I haven't even read anything yet, just had to stop in to say WOW!!

Okay, now I'll go catch up.
I was just about to message you!!!!

I was driving when I saw a new post that a suspect was arrested!!! I had to pull over!

This was from yesterday:

<snip> Boyce also said detectives have been looking at all summonses and arrests within the areas of the 106th, 73rd, and 75th Precincts. One focus is arrests that occurred in the area of Erskine Street, in the East New York area of Brooklyn bordering the parkland, he said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...g-of-howard-beach-jogger-nypd-says-1.13051397

This evening:

<snip> The suspect is being described as a male in his 20s who lives in a housing project in East New York, Brooklyn, which is not far from the park.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/04/suspect-arrested-in-connection-with-murder-of-jogger/

Police work got this done. They were working it!

looks like he finally gave up after the cop caught him a second time to volunteer giving his DNA or did he know the cop was going to ask him to give it even if he don't volunteer...or he knows the familia DNA testing will get approved and he will be caught either way....guy must be black i am guessing from ENY projects....wow just heard it on channel 7 news like 30 mins ago...great news hope they release his name and picture of his face so we can see who this monster sicko is.....

You know what's really great? They didn't catch this guy AFTER he committed another crime and his DNA showed up in the database. I was dreading that there would be another victim before the perp was caught.

(Well, I suppose he could've committed another rape that wasn't reported, but I'm hoping that's not the case.)

jmo

Wow....just wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also does not appear that this perp has anything to do with the Vanessa Marcotte case in Princeton. There was much speculation it must be the same perp since LE did not come out and specifically say they weren't the same guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay