NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No wheeling and dealing. Life for this useless lowlife.

Twenty years old, huh ? But no semen ? The DNA was found under K.'s fingernails, on her throat, and on her phone ? Interested to hear more details...jmo

Sooooo...

All those rumors out there. So many fingers pointed to innocent people (pointed on social media).

It wasn't:

- Her ex-boyfriend
- Her father
- The Mafia/the Gotti's
- Someone who knew the family and was trying to teach the father a lesson or extract revenge against the father from some failed deal
- Someone Karinna hung out with
- The guy who was also a runner who tended to run at the same times as the Ventranos.

Thank goodness for DNA!

Yes, I was one poster who got this wrong. I am guilty of speculating on a crime message board. Like all posters here my one and only motivation was that K,'s killer(s) would be caught. jmo

I'm out of the country. Sitting in a piano bar. Got an alert about the arest and almost fell off my chair. And then...the pianist starts playing Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. 'Nuf said.

I had faith that NYPD were on this. Mr. and Mrs. V helped catch this piece of crap. All for Karina. RIP :rose: now.

Snip

A law enforcement source said detectives zeroed in on the man after combing through stop and frisk reports from the neighborhoods near the scene of Vetrano’s killing.

The suspect was questioned last year after cops spotted him acting suspiciously in the area.

Detectives tracked him down in recent weeks and obtained his DNA — leading to his arrest, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ueens-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964411

(Wow! Thank goodness!!! Another recent arrest linked via DNA! (The other Alianna DeFreeze))

WOW!!
Snip

Police had been eyeing the suspect, a man in his twenties from East New York, Brooklyn, after an off-duty officer saw him acting suspiciously in Howard Beach, sources told the New York Post.

Officers stopped the suspect then, but found no valid reason to take him into custody. They approached him again earlier this week and asked for a DNA sample, which he agreed to give, the newspaper reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-killing-Karina-Vetrano.html#ixzz4XmyFhoaK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am so happy to be able to come on here and share this news with everyone. My sister in law called me while I was at work to let me know they caught him and I had to check in here now that I am home. I have so many questions, I don't know where to begin but for now I am just thinking of Karina's friends and family.

Yes, I was one poster who got this wrong. I am guilty of speculating on a crime message board. Like all posters here my one and only motivation was that K,'s killer(s) would be caught. jmo
Madeleine did say 'on social media', not here. I think the discussion here has been a million times more civilised than on social media. As is usually the case!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Madeleine did say 'on social media', not here. I think the discussion here has been a million times more civilised than on social media. As is usually the case!

Thank you, Eloise. I'm glad you read what I actually wrote. I also posted that innocent people, including Karinna's father, were being pointed at as being the perp in the case (which I also said was occurring on social media) and that none of them was the perp. I find the hurting of innocent people in a case unconscionable.

Fantastic news, praying for justice.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I am sooo glad her killer has been found.

Some time ago, an off-duty cop saw him acting suspiciously somewhere in Howard Beach, and called the local precinct.

The suspect was questioned at that time but police found no valid reason to hold him and he was released without charges.

Earlier this past week, investigators approached him again.

They asked him for a DNA sample, which he gave voluntarily — thereby potentially sealing his own fate, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/04/suspect-arrested-in-connection-with-murder-of-jogger/

He had no prior record, so until he agreed to a cheek swab, his DNA profile had been unknown to law enforcement, sources told The Post.

I am sooo glad her killer has been found.

Some time ago, an off-duty cop saw him acting suspiciously somewhere in Howard Beach, and called the local precinct.

The suspect was questioned at that time but police found no valid reason to hold him and he was released without charges.

Earlier this past week, investigators approached him again.

They asked him for a DNA sample, which he gave voluntarily — thereby potentially sealing his own fate, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/04/suspect-arrested-in-connection-with-murder-of-jogger/

He had no prior record, so until he agreed to a cheek swab, his DNA profile had been unknown to law enforcement, sources told The Post.
Did his DNA match what was found on Karina and her phone or are they not saying?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"This morning at 11:30am @NYPDDetectives will hold a briefing at @NYPD106Pct on the murder of Karina Vetrano. Reports of suspect in custody."

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Did his DNA match what was found on Karina and her phone or are they not saying?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Investigators had found the DNA of Vetrano’s suspected attacker on her phone, neck and fingernails, sources told The Post.

bbm

Twenty years old, huh ? But no semen ? The DNA was found under K.'s fingernails, on her throat, and on her phone ? Interested to hear more details...jmo

My guess is that she was sexually assaulted by either an object or he was wearing a condom...and that is why he complied to the request for DNA. Perhaps he thought since there wasn't seman there wouldn't be DNA. It's entirely possible he wasn't following the case online and didn't know DNA was captured. ??

While he might not have followed the coverage, perhaps he did return to the scene of the crime, and that stood out as suspicious.

I hope we get a few more details in today's press conference.

Still taken aback (in a good way!) that a perp was caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy