NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One doesn't have to be big in order to be strong. He reportedly confessed and there is DNA evidence. So I don't see any reason to question if they have the right guy.

Well, something that puzzles me is why PEOPLE mag reported it as "Lewis, who has only been charged with Vetrano’s murder and not her sexual assault." So why not charge him with the sexual assault? Surely, his semen would be in the condom found, right? They have his DNA now. Just weird.

Well, something that puzzles me is why PEOPLE mag reported it as "Lewis, who has only been charged with Vetrano’s murder and not her sexual assault." So why not charge him with the sexual assault? Surely, his semen would be in the condom found, right? They have his DNA now. Just weird.
The condom had no semen. There was no semen found. The condom may not even be his. They need a stronger case on the rape charge I'm assuming before adding that charge.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The condom had no semen. There was no semen found. The condom may not even be his. They need a stronger case on the rape charge I'm assuming before adding that charge.

Oh, I wasn't aware there wasn't semen in it. Thanks for clearing that up!

He may have raped her with an object. Could be a tree branch or a crow bar who knows

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why did he need to drag her into the weeds if there was no sexual assault?

If that was not part of his intent, why not just beat and murder her on the path?

That usually comes later after the initial arrest. There is plenty of time to add additional charges.

Not to add fuel to the fire but this whole CL claiming he had been mugged again has been in my head.. I am sure LE has looked into this already.. BUT I came across this yes the age is a bit off but the MO seemed the same.. and I read somewhere else he gave the woman some liquid to clean herself off with and he cleaned himself off. This happened in October

Police released on Monday night a composite Sketch of the man responsible for*attack that took place at about 6:22 a.m. on Oct. 16 in the vicinity of Horace Harding Expressway and 168th Street.
According to authorities, the 51-year-old woman was walking along the sidewalk of the LIE’s service road when she was grabbed from behind by the suspect, who was described as a clean-shaven black male in his 40s with a slim build, standing 6 feet tall and weighing 180 pounds. He was observed wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans.
Police said the perpetrator put the victim in a chokehold and, after she was rendered semi-conscious, threw her face first to the sidewalk. He sexually assaulted her, then entered a dark-colored, four-door sedan that sped away westbound on Horace Harding Expressway.
http://qns.com/story/2016/10/17/sus...an-near-expressway-fresh-meadows-still-large/

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but, I believe I read that he said he was mugged again in October.

Not to add fuel to the fire but this whole CL claiming he had been mugged again has been in my head.. I am sure LE has looked into this already.. BUT I came across this yes the age is a bit off but the MO seemed the same.. and I read somewhere else he gave the woman some liquid to clean herself off with and he cleaned himself off. This happened in October

Police released on Monday night a composite sketch of the man responsible for*attack that took place at about 6:22 a.m. on Oct. 16 in the vicinity of Horace Harding Expressway and 168th Street.
According to authorities, the 51-year-old woman was walking along the sidewalk of the LIE’s service road when she was grabbed from behind by the suspect, who was described as a clean-shaven black male in his 40s with a slim build, standing 6 feet tall and weighing 180 pounds. He was observed wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans.
Police said the perpetrator put the victim in a chokehold and, after she was rendered semi-conscious, threw her face first to the sidewalk. He sexually assaulted her, then entered a dark-colored, four-door sedan that sped away westbound on Horace Harding Expressway.
http://qns.com/story/2016/10/17/sus...an-near-expressway-fresh-meadows-still-large/
The car throws me off. Everything else fits him but the car. I doubt he knew how to drive. I remember this attack and thinking it could be related back then. But I don't believe so now.

IF he suffers from PSchiz, I really don't know what will happen in this case

Prisons are filled with those who have PSchiz and other mental disorders.

Being one is not a viable defense that will insure an insanity defense for him. The medical standards for mental illness and the criminal judicial standards are far different. The only threshold is did he know right from wrong at the time of the murder. I believe they will be able to show that he did and I do believe he will be able to assist his attorney/s at trial. Plus he will be evaluated before trial. If he goes with the insanity defense not only will the defense have an expert evaluate him but the DA is also allowed to have him evaluated by their own expert and often the presiding Judge over the case will appoint a third expert to also evaluate him.

I believe his interviews with Officer Brown will show he fully understands and has cognitive thinking. There was no mention about him talking off the wall when speaking with Officer Brown.

Even if classified as a PSchiz that never means he will be ruled criminally insane.

James Holmes suffered from mental illness yet he was found guilty of the mass murders he committed.

Insanity defenses are rarely ever won even if there is a documented history like there was in the Holmes case.

Imo, he will be found fit to stand trial.

What about Diminished Capacity or Diminished Responsibility that has been floated around?

How would that come into play in this case, if at all?

Not sure the facts of this, but in this video a woman who attended the community meeting says her daughter was raped in the Rockaways on July 17th. No one caught. I'm wondering if now that his DNA is in the system if they will run it against those who did not have a match as well.
https://youtu.be/fdfrNaKJOvc

https://onrockaway.com/woman-beaten...-social-security-office-early-sunday-morning/

A 30-year-old Rockaway woman remains in satisfactory condition at Queens General Hospital on Wednesday after being brutally raped and beaten in front of the Rockaway Park Social Security Office early on the morning of July 17, police sources say.
According to citywide sources, a man walking on Rockaway Beach Boulevard at about 4:30 a.m. on Sunday morning saw a woman propped up against the wall in front of the Social Security Office, 113-06 Rockaway Beach Boulevard.
The man did not have a cell phone, and he flagged down a passing cabbie, who called the 911 emergency phone system.
Responding patrol officers from the 100 Precinct found the unidentified victim with lacerations to her face and her pants were pulled down over her ankles. Police sources say that she was semi-conscious and could not tell officers what had happened to her or who had accosted and raped her. She complained of pain to her face and eyes.

113-06 Rockaway Beach Boulevard. I searched the address on Google Maps and realized the Place where the woman was found is 1 block away from the St Martins De Porres School.... Iam sure they have looked into this also

https://onrockaway.com/woman-beaten...-social-security-office-early-sunday-morning/

A 30-year-old Rockaway woman remains in satisfactory condition at Queens General Hospital on Wednesday after being brutally raped and beaten in front of the Rockaway Park Social Security Office early on the morning of July 17, police sources say.
According to citywide sources, a man walking on Rockaway Beach Boulevard at about 4:30 a.m. on Sunday morning saw a woman propped up against the wall in front of the Social Security Office, 113-06 Rockaway Beach Boulevard.
The man did not have a cell phone, and he flagged down a passing cabbie, who called the 911 emergency phone system.
Responding patrol officers from the 100 Precinct found the unidentified victim with lacerations to her face and her pants were pulled down over her ankles. Police sources say that she was semi-conscious and could not tell officers what had happened to her or who had accosted and raped her. She complained of pain to her face and eyes.

113-06 Rockaway Beach Boulevard. I searched the address on Google Maps and realized the Place where the woman was found is 1 block away from the St Martins De Porres School.... Iam sure they have looked into this also
Thank you for checking into this!! Wow. So close to his HS. I really do hope they looked into it.

The car throws me off. Everything else fits him but the car. I doubt he knew how to drive. I remember this attack and thinking it could be related back then. But I don't believe so now.

Yes the car threw me off too..unless someone else was driving but that was never mentioned..yeah your right Lauranyc83 I doubt he knows how to drive

no problem Lauranyc83... I remember someone had mentioned that a long time ago and I am so glad you brought it up.. like I said.. I just have a feeling this is NOT the first one...BUT that is just me.

Thank you for checking into this!! Wow. So close to his HS. I really do hope they looked into it.

no problem Lauranyc83... I remember someone had mentioned that a long time ago and I am so glad you brought it up.. like I said.. I just have a feeling this is NOT the first one...BUT that is just me.
I fear it's not the first too.

Now that his dna Is in the system, I am sure LE will run it against rape kits to see if there are hits.

Thing is, can he actually be tried, if he has that illness ? Does he have a history of auditory hallucinations ? Any meds ?

You would have to check NY state laws but in CA they get sent to the state hospital which is just like prison except w mentally ill ppl, and they get them medicated then return them to county of offense. If they refuse their meds and become incompetent to assist in their defense again, they return to state hospital, rinse and repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member