NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His DNA wouldn't be under her fingernails had he strolled into the weeds in the park, stumbled upon her body, touched it to see if she was alive, took her cell and tossed that. Then, ran out of the park: no crime committed.

They couldn't have placed his DNA under her fingernails to frame him. He had no DNA in the database. So, when did the corruption of the DNA in the lab occur? They would have already had a profile developed long before they ever stumbled upon him.

What was interesting to me in the article was that CL had a basic understanding that he should not answer the first detective's questions during the det's two attempts.

He opened up to the second det, in detail, except refusing to admit any sexual assault.
I wonder if this detective appealed to religiosity and was successful

Perhaps he felt more comfortable talking with a detective of his own race plus they say this detective is very good at what he does.

Excerpt:

His comment caused cops to believe that race was a factor in Vetrano’s slaying, sources said.

A white detective initially tried twice to get Lewis to talk and he refused, sources said.

But when the black detective, Barry Brown, interviewed him, Lewis waived his Miranda rights and gave two videotaped statements, confessing that he’d “hit” and “choked” the beautiful jogger on Aug. 2.

Brown is known as a highly-skilled officer and the “best detective in Queens for getting confessions,” sources said.

I don't doubt the DNA evidence.

What I'm worried about is that the perp agreed to submit DNA, he seems to have some mental and/or intellectual issues, and he didn't have a lawyer. I think a defense lawyer is going to argue that the perp didn't understand what he was agreeing to. Of course, I hope all the evidence is admitted in court....because it's strong evidence, but I'm concerned.

jmo

I think you're exactly right...and also the fact that he did not ask for legal representation. jmo

I hope justice is served regarding Karina. I have been reading most of the comments and threads about the case, but chose not to comment since it's personal. I have a lot of friends who knew Karina and absolutely adored her. I met her several years back when she worked at Central in Astoria, Queens. She was a sweetheart and honestly it's been such a tragedy for us in the Greek-American community as well being she knew and hung out with many Greeks too.
DNA doesn't lie. If someone wanted to frame him, why him; and not frame the hundreds of transients or druggies in that park. Doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Perhaps he felt more comfortable talking with a detective of his own race plus they say this detective is very good at what he does.

Excerpt:

His comment caused cops to believe that race was a factor in Vetrano’s slaying, sources said.

A white detective initially tried twice to get Lewis to talk and he refused, sources said.

But when the black detective, Barry Brown, interviewed him, Lewis waived his Miranda rights and gave two videotaped statements, confessing that he’d “hit” and “choked” the beautiful jogger on Aug. 2.

Brown is known as a highly-skilled officer and the “best detective in Queens for getting confessions,” sources said.

bbm
I've seen this more then once on the show, Cops.

I'm trying to find article/video. There was a community meeting a few days or weeks after her murder. A top detective had said there is a piece of evidence they found at the scene that they will not disclose of in case the suspect was watching. They did not want them knowing they found something that either belonged or could tie them to the crime. I'm curious now if they found something he used to hit her over the head, or a personal item belonging to him. I wonder if he lost any teeth. And perhaps a tooth was left behind. I'll keep wondering until we know. But I'm hoping they have hardcore physical evidence since they will most likely fight the DNA. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Could it be a crowbar? He was seen w one in the area [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't doubt the DNA evidence.

What I'm worried about is that the perp agreed to submit DNA, he seems to have some mental and/or intellectual issues, and he didn't have a lawyer. I think a defense lawyer is going to argue that the perp didn't understand what he was agreeing to. Of course, I hope all the evidence is admitted in court....because it's strong evidence, but I'm concerned.

jmo

IF he suffers from PSchiz, I really don't know what will happen in this case

I really hated the fact that his sister stated those HS allegations were just "normal" things students go through. -__- I know a lot of parents deny that their children have problems and behavioral issues. I wonder if he was on any medications.

So many factors involved but it will be a long process for sure [emoji17] something I feel KVs parents are aware of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really hated the fact that his sister stated those HS allegations were just "normal" things students go through. -__- I know a lot of parents deny that their children have problems and behavioral issues. I wonder if he was on any medications.

Yes, "normal" in the sense that in the restrictive HS that he transferred to and graduated from, he appears to have had success both behaviorally and academically (earned a reg HS diploma). In the earlier HS, uh, Def Not!

I would say, he was medicated.

Thing is, can he actually be tried, if he has that illness ? Does he have a history of auditory hallucinations ? Any meds ?

Where is he coming from when he enters the park or even the HB area he was "hanging" around? School, or one of the parent's homes?

Did he walk?

I think that if they stabilize him on meds he can still be tried and sentenced. It might be a much longer road tho

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thing is, can he actually be tried, if he has that illness ? Does he have a history of auditory hallucinations ? Any meds ?

IDK how it would be handled. I haven't followed this type of case in trial. Others with more legal knowledge, might know.

IF it's that Dx, then there would have to be a history for some months of delusions or hallucinations. There are meds to help ease or stop the delusions or hallucinations, but we don't know Dx or what if any meds he was taking. Or if he was always compliant

Where is he coming from when he enters the park or even the HB area he was "hanging" around? School, or one of the parent's homes?

Did he walk?

He said he left the house after being pissed so many were there and claimed to walk through the park to HB to get food.

I wonder if there are cameras on the other side of the entrance.

He said he left the house after being pissed so many were there and claimed to walk through the park to HB to get food.

How long would that take him to walk to the park from home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay