NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even watch. How do families of victims go on living? The pain and sorrow must be draining. My heart breaks for the V's.

It was painful. He said at the end something to extent of... there no sense of resolution. There will only be that when I am gone.

I can't even watch. How do families of victims go on living? The pain and sorrow must be draining. My heart breaks for the V's.

I cant bring myself to watch it either. I need to maintain a bit of distance or I can't bear to follow these cases. I have every bit of sympathy for the family and admire their strength.

"The confessed killer of Queens jogger Karina Vetrano told detectives he hated the victim’s predominantly white neighborhood of Howard Beach, leading cops to believe race played a role in the murder, sources told The Post."

http://nypost.com/2017/02/07/cops-suspect-joggers-killing-may-have-been-racially-motivated/

I've seen cases where a victim has been vicious attacked - When it's unexplained, it might pay to keep in mind that the attack might have nothing to do with victim other than it being pent up race hatred.

what breaks my heart the most is he found her, he had to see her that way :*(

The New York Police Department agreed Thursday to further cut back stop-and-frisk tactics – even as city investigators were using data gleaned from the practice to arrest the man now accused in a vicious sexual assault and murder.

The discovery of 30-year-old Karina Vetrano’s body in a Queens park in August made national headlines as authorities had very little information identifying her killer. But The New York Daily News reported it was a review of stop-and-frisk reports from the area near the crime scene that helped cops zero in on 20-year-old Chanel Lewis – who was arrested Saturday and charged with second-degree murder. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/0...k-even-after-strategy-helps-solve-murder.html

Don't know how to do a side by side but found this
4661f62bc4747316124908a64b771ad2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Idk. The drawing looks like a PR or Dominican, CL is clearly a black man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arrested man and sketch man are two different men. Sketch was never meant to portray the man who was stop/frisked after reports of him casing vehicles and wandering around people's backyards and ultimately arrested.

Anthony O'Reilly
‏@ORiled_Up
[video=twitter;828657653773656064]https://twitter.com/ORiled_Up/status/828657653773656064[/video]More

Note: NYPD were adamant the person in sketch wasn't a suspect. He was someone they wanted to talk to to get more information on the case.

http://abc7ny.com/news/karina-vetrano-murder-suspects-mom-hes-not-a-criminal/1744206/
attachment.php

[h=1]Mom of suspect charged in Karina Vetrano's murder: 'He's not a criminal'[/h]
Vita Lewis spoke with reporters in Brooklyn, reading a prepared statement.

"I raised my son to be a God-fearing man and to respect life," Lewis said of 20-year-old Chanel Lewis. "My son is friendly, God-fearing and would not hurt anybody."

"My son has a mental health problem and needs help," Vita Lewis said. "He's not a criminal and needs mental resources."

Attachments

• 1744224_630x354.jpg
    1744224_630x354.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 186
Her father seems like such a good man, I pray one day happiness finds him again and that he has the strength to go through the trial. I think he very well could become a crusader in advocating for victims.

Wouldnt a retired school principal have received a large enough pension to be ineligible for Section eight? Asking generically...just to understand the parameters. I know in NJ, teachers retirement includes full benefits and a substantial retirement income.

Not necessarily. The oft touted high pensions are the few at the top. The rest get about 20% of their salary at retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her father seems like such a good man, I pray one day happiness finds him again and that he has the strength to go through the trial. I think he very well could become a crusader in advocating for victims.

I definitely can see that happening. John Walsh comes to mind.

I could tell from the first time I saw him arrested that he indeed had mental issues. Along with everything else that has been shared, it's all but confirmed. Sensory issues, behavior issues, rigid/obsessive organization and schedule. As well as graduating at almost age 20. I have no doubt.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...e-girls-in-his-high-school/amp/?client=safari

"Lewis transferred to Martin De Porres HS in Rockaway Park, Queens, a private school for students with emotional and behavioral issues, in September 2011."

https://www.mdp.org/philosophy

"The confessed killer of Queens jogger Karina Vetrano told detectives he hated the victim’s predominantly white neighborhood of Howard Beach, leading cops to believe race played a role in the murder, sources told The Post."

http://nypost.com/2017/02/07/cops-suspect-joggers-killing-may-have-been-racially-motivated/

What was interesting to me in the article was that CL had a basic understanding that he should not answer the first detective's questions during the det's two attempts.

He opened up to the second det, in detail, except refusing to admit any sexual assault.
I wonder if this detective appealed to religiosity and was successful

What was interesting to me in the article was that CL had a basic understanding that he should not answer the first detective's questions during the det's two attempts.

He opened up to the second det, in detail, except refusing to admit any sexual assault.
I wonder if this detective appealed to religiosity and was successful

Or doing the bad cop/good cop routine? IDK. I'm glad they got the confession and DNA....just hoping it all holds up.

I can't help but wonder if the trip to the hospital after the "mugging" (i.e. Karina injuring him, imo) was a surprise to LE after the perp's father mentioned it to the press after his son was arrested. If so, the family cannot possibly say LE framed him if LE didn't even know about the injuries and hospital visit at the time of arrest!

jmopinion

Or doing the bad cop/good cop routine? IDK. I'm glad they got the confession and DNA....just hoping it all holds up.

I can't help but wonder if the trip to the hospital after the "mugging" (i.e. Karina injuring him, imo) was a surprise to LE after the perp's father mentioned it to the press after his son was arrested. If so, the family cannot possibly say LE framed him if LE didn't even know about the injuries and hospital visit at the time of arrest!

jmopinion

The linking of his DNA under KV's fingernails while KV fought for her life (he's skinny, not well built so she could at least fight back) AND his being taken to the ER the following day for treatment of scratches and poss a hand injury is deadly for him.

Also, he put himself right in the area of the park where the "puddle" is (he wouldn't know about that being there all year-round unless he was in that spot in the weeds) with her.

I saw a video (sorry no link handy) where the father was asked again about the hospital visit and his scratches. This time he skirted the question. Son may have given different explanations to others as the explanation of his scratches & injuries, too and I'm sure Legal Aid Team has spoken to them about this.

The linking of his DNA under KV's fingernails while KV fought for her life (he's skinny, not well built so she could at least fight back) AND his being taken to the ER the following day for treatment of scratches and poss a hand injury is deadly for him.

Also, he put himself right in the area of the park where the "puddle" is (he wouldn't know about that being there all year-round unless he was in that spot in the weeds) with her.

I saw a video (sorry no link handy) where the father was asked again about the hospital visit and his scratches. This time he skirted the question. Son may have given different explanations to others as the explanation of his scratches & injuries, too and I'm sure Legal Aid Team has spoken to them about this.

I don't doubt the DNA evidence.

What I'm worried about is that the perp agreed to submit DNA, he seems to have some mental and/or intellectual issues, and he didn't have a lawyer. I think a defense lawyer is going to argue that the perp didn't understand what he was agreeing to. Of course, I hope all the evidence is admitted in court....because it's strong evidence, but I'm concerned.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members