NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of a young man a few years back that was happy to say he graduated 5th in his class, but would leave off the fact that there were 12 in the class.:)

That cracked me up. Reminded me (for some reason) how my dad would talk about walking to school in all weather (usually told to me when I asked for a ride to school in winter). I was an adult before I knew his school was directly across the street from his house!

Thanks for that memory. Now....back to the case.

Strangest interaction I just experienced. We just finished getting video of the purpe as he is being walked down the ramp in to the courthouse. A very angry man pulled up ran out his car with a red haird girl, she asked me if that's him. I said yeah they took him inside. The man started to stomp back to his car. I'm soooo glad we are done and got out of there.

From Elle's NY Post link:

<snip> “Chanel would never have gone to do what they say he has done. He’s never had a fight in his 20 years,” said the dad, 70, who brought along his son’s high-school diploma from Martin De Porres High School in Far Rockaway, Queens, to show reporters.

Hmm...here we go:

<snip> Starting just after Labor Day, Martin De Porres High School, a private not-for-profit special education school, will be relocating from Rosedale, Queens to the former Stella Maris High School building in Rockaway Park.

http://www.rockawave.com/news/2012-08-31/Community/New_HS_Opening_At_Stella_Maris_Site.html

From this article:

A source of Ruscillo’s, whom he would not reveal publicly, described the kids of Martin De Porres as “the worst of the worst.” Time will tell if that’s really the case.

Strangest interaction I just experienced. We just finished getting video of the purpe as he is being walked down the ramp in to the courthouse. A very angry man pulled up ran out his car with a red haird girl, she asked me if that's him. I said yeah they took him inside. The man started to stomp back to his car. I'm soooo glad we are done and got out of there.

What was that about? Mad because they missed seeing him??

Trust me, I feel no sympathy for the perp. But I do have a heart and can understand heartbreak of his father.

When we know more about his actual involvement in his son's life...the steps he took, as an professional man in the field of education, to deal realistically with his sons issues...etc. perhaps I will feel more empathy. For now, its the heartbreak of the Vetrano family that is heavy in my heart. I'm weary of these parents of perpetrators steeping forward , AFTER THE FACT, to tell us how gentle and wonderful their kids àre. Karina did just not die accidentally in the commission of a sex crime...there was a ferocity, a viciousness about this crime. He wanted to inflict the most heinous injuries. On a stranger ...on someone that did him no harm.

But his Dad knows so little about him...he thinks he just a gentle, gentle soul.

How much was he in his sons life?

I don't know. They where not with the press, neither had a press pass, or equipment. I don't think he was there to fulfill some sort of curiosities.

I don't know any parent that wants to admit their own child is a monster. Especially if the child has never been in trouble with the law before or been convicted of a crime before. Most parents see their own children as innocent angels from above and will go right into denial rather than face a terrible truth.

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown says 20 year-old Chanel Lewis, of Brooklyn, was expected to be arraigned later Sunday. The charge carries a penalty of 25 years to life in prison if he's convicted. No information on an attorney for him was available.

http://bigstory.ap.org/a8c6df3a9f444c049f981592a517f8a9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was he smiling?

That what I thought. I think we're seeing cognitive issues.

(And please don't assume that means I'm letting him off the hook or feeling soft on the perp...nothing could be further from the truth.)

jmo

NYPD has all the respect in the world as far as I am concerned.
Finding this guy to me is like finding the needle in the hay stack.
Digging through summons etc, with the amount of people there are in NY, had to be tedious.

WOW!!
Snip

Police had been eyeing the suspect, a man in his twenties from East New York, Brooklyn, after an off-duty officer saw him acting suspiciously in Howard Beach, sources told the New York Post.

Officers stopped the suspect then, but found no valid reason to take him into custody. They approached him again earlier this week and asked for a DNA sample, which he agreed to give, the newspaper reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-killing-Karina-Vetrano.html#ixzz4XmyFhoaK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Det. Boyce said it would take hard work and LUCK to catch this perp. Luck came in the form of an Eagle Eyed cop. What was the perp doing back in Howard Beach? Looking for a second victim? Or just going to the store for his mother?

I'm not buying the mugging stories just yet. Could be Karina knocked him hard and beat him up, and he claimed he was mugged to explain his injuries.

IDK yet.

jmo

She looks very strong to me.

JMHO, I don't think he acted alone.

For God's sakes, if you're a woman out alone, carry pepper spray or wasp spray.
Also if you're out walking a small dog, carry pepper spray.

I had a close friend attacked on a back country road on their Sunday morning walk by a pit that ran through electric fence.
She covered her little pooch with her own body screaming bloody murder. Her dog was survived after $10,000 surgery, she was bitten on her hands.

STAY OFF YOUR F'ING PHONES and BE ALERT!!!

Det. Boyce said it would take hard work and LUCK to catch this perp. Luck came in the form of an Eagle Eyed cop. What was the perp doing back in Howard Beach? Looking for a second victim? Or just going to the store for his mother?

My hunch at what he was doing (and this is just a hunch).... he's an aimless youth with nothing to do. He hangs out in that park. Whatever he does, it's enough for people to notice and call police. It's enough for him to get summons. I don't think he's searching for a victim because there aren't many lone women going into the park, AFAIK. I think if an opportunity came his path to hurt another woman in the park, he would probably strike. In the meantime, he's there because he has nothing else to do.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
looneymom