GUILTY NY - Kenneth White, 5, Berne, 18 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Facebook plans to push Amber Alerts to help find missing children
By Liz Holliday January 13, 2015, 6:40 pm

Facebook’s new system will allow the social media website to send an AMBER Alert directly to the mobile phones of people in the designated search areas when a child has been abducted.

The alert will include important details about the child such as a photo, description, location of the abduction, and any other available information that can be provided to the public to aid in the search. People will also have a direct link to the most up-to-date information about the case and, importantly, will be able to share the alert with friends.

“It is our hope it will result in bringing children home quickly and safely to their familie,” said Emily Vacher, Facebook Security Trust and Safety Manager.

Sheriff Craig Apple relates it to little Kenneth White's case and considers it "an incredible idea" with no "downside".

My gf got a "thank you for attending the memorial service" message on her Facebook account from Kenneth's father. Since we've never had contact with any member of the family, and certainly not through Facebook, we assume someone got our name from the visitor registry (or whatever it's called). I guess it was a nice gesture, but definitely a first for me.

You may be right. I could have sworn I read or saw it in an embedded video report, but I just tried to find a MSM link to confirm, and wasn't able to.

My apologies.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries...I just thought I'd missed something! Twin or not, the world has lost 4 little guys in tragic ways in such a short time frame :(

My gf got a "thank you for attending the memorial service" message on her Facebook account from Kenneth's father. Since we've never had contact with any member of the family, and certainly not through Facebook, we assume someone got our name from the visitor registry (or whatever it's called). I guess it was a nice gesture, but definitely a first for me.

It was so great of you to attend, again, I want to thank you too, and for posting about it.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Relatives-of-Kenneth-White-are-back-in-family-6030022.php

The aunt and previous legal guardian of Kenneth White, the 5-year-old found dead in a roadside snowbank in Knox, was denied visitation of his two young siblings Wednesday during a family court appearance...

Maney was unwavering, and denied VanAlstyne's request to see the 4 and 5-year-old girls' in a supervised situation while they remain in foster care.

Meanwhile, the children's biological parents, who had lost custody of their children, were granted the continued right to see them.

Thank you OkieGranny for this latest update.

I can't wrap my head around this - why does she insist on visitation for herself? The girls need stability and to move on from all of this, not be reminded of what happened. This just seems incredibly selfish and self serving.

Does anyone else see it this way?

As for the "parents" - I shall remain silent. I'm not exactly on the :fence: but I will respect TOS.

I pray that the foster care system is going above and beyond right now. These children have been through enough trauma and loss to last several lifetimes.

:moo:

Thank you OkieGranny for this latest update.

I can't wrap my head around this - why does she insist on visitation for herself? The girls need stability and to move on from all of this, not be reminded of what happened. This just seems incredibly selfish and self serving.

Does anyone else see it this way?

As for the "parents" - I shall remain silent. I'm not exactly on the :fence: but I will respect TOS.

I pray that the foster care system is going above and beyond right now. These children have been through enough trauma and loss to last several lifetimes.

:moo:

yes, Kimi... I see the aunt's request as you do....

From OkieGs. Link :
After court, Van Alstyne said: "I think it's ridiculous. I'm the one who took care of them all these months.

Also, a woman who said she was the 4 and 5-year-old girl's great aunt, Michelle Sweet, presented a petition to gain custody of the girls, who were placed in foster care shortly after Kenneth was killed. But she was denied custody Wednesday during the hearing, the attorneys and judge saying that no one knew anything about Sweet or her living situation.

Meanwhile, Jayson White, the father of the boy and his two sisters, withdrew his petition for custody. He also has since moved out of the North Adams apartment he shared with his girlfriend, who had previously lost custody of two of her children.

....and, I Thank GOD for this judge who is keeping the girls in their foster home. I believe I read they were getting lots of counseling and support there. They don't need any chaos or drama ..... Give them time to adjust for heaven's sake!!!

So CPS is ready to let the aunt have supervised visitation ... Since she 'sort of' complied with their requirement that she seek treatment for her mental health disorder. So glad the judge has final say. CPS as an institution does not have the ability to use common sense in making directives. They simply check a box, and all is a-ok. Thank You, Judge Gerard Maney!!!!!

"So I'm supposed to find there's no risk? The trauma these children have fared has been eliminated because of one visit to a health center?" Maney said.

Children who've had as much trauma as these 2 sisters need to be protected from those who may damage their emotional health further! I pray they continue to improve in their therapeutic foster environment.

Craig Apple, Albany, the courts, Kenneth's Army are all doing such a great job looking out for those girls. Laws that end up protecting those who abuse others more than their victims can be tweaked, it seems, to work right?

Craig Apple, Albany, the courts, Kenneth's Army are all doing such a great job looking out for those girls. Laws that end up protecting those who abuse others more than their victims can be tweaked, it seems, to work right?

Prayers for Kenneth's rest in sweet peace, for his sisters' well being and for all those who care to see things through for them.

b5003daf03156c2e5dc1979df065e52b.jpg

:rose:

#JusticeForLittleKenneth

:candle:

Sheriff Apple's Update On Kenneth White Murder Case
Chuck and Kelly 810 & 103.1 WGY Thursday, Feb 12th, '15 @ 9am
Sheriff Craig Apple provides a great update

Van Alstyne pleads not guilty in 5-year-old Kenneth White’s death
By Danielle Sanzone, 02/11/15, 10:18 am est

Sheriff labels VanAlstyne "security risk" at county jail
By: WNYT Staff 02/11/2015 5:57

Tiffany VanAlstyne pleads not guilty to murder of Kenneth White
By Heather Kovar, Amy Cutler / NEWS10 Feb 13, '15, 11:23 am
Thorough coverage

Not-guilty pleas in child's slaying / Tiffany VanAlstyne remains in jail without bail
By Robert Gavin, Times Union 6:23 am, Thursday, Feb 12, '15

Caseworkers, Family Court follow families and deaths still occur
In wake of 5-year-old's death, concerns surface about effectiveness of official supervision

By Lauren Stanforth / The Times Union 11:00 am, Sunday, February 22, 2015

"In the months leading up to his death, 5-year-old Kenneth White slept in a La-Z-Boy recliner wedged into a small bedroom in a cluttered trailer he shared with a half-dozen people, 10 cats and five dogs.

Kenneth's teenage cousin — who was later charged with killing him — slept next to him in a twin bed. Kenneth's younger sister curled up on the floor nearby in sleeping bags, and his twin sister slept down the hall in a toddler's bed."

A detailed well written and researched piece about Kenneth's family situation prior to his murder by his cousin and about CPS.

Bill follows from investigation of Kenneth White’s murder
by Marcello Iaia The Altamont Enterprise Hilltowns, Mar 19, '15

ALBANY — A bill intended to clarify investigators’ access to sensitive child protective services records passed in both the state Senate and Assembly on Monday with the force of the murder of a Knox boy behind it. There were no dissenting votes.

Assemblywoman Patricia Fahy, a Democrat from Alban, sayid she got a call from Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple days after Kenneth White, 5, a kindergarten student at Berne-Knox-Westerlo, was found dead on Dec. 18.

[...]

NY legislators back quick police access to abuse records
By The Associated Press Mar. 17, 2015

Kenneth White-inspired bill passes Legislature
Legislation could make it easier for officers to gain instant access to child abuse records
By Robert Gavin, Times Union, 11:18 pm, Mon, Mar 16, '15

Capitol Confidential
Posted on March 16, 2015 at 5:08 pm
by Matthew Hamilton in Andrew Cuomo, Bulletin, George Amedore, Patricia Fahy
http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/230791/legislature-passes-kenneth-white-bill/

Sheriff, lawmakers in Albany to discuss Kenneth White law
Measure sponsored by Senator George Amedore and Assemblywoman Patricia Fahy would force Child Protective Service to share records in missing-children cases
Times Union, 7:27 am, Mon, Mar 16, '15

"Kenneth's Law" Would Help Missing Children Investigations
By Jon Dougherty, TWC News, Mon, Mar 16, '15, 5:00 pm

New bill clarifies CPS laws involving missing children and record access
By Amy Cutler, Mar 16, '15, 5:42 pm

Lawmakers To Consider New Bill Being Pushed For Future Missing Children's Cases
Dave Lucas reports for WAMC News 12:21 pm, Mon, Mar 16, '15

[...]

Senator Amedore says everything possible must be done to help law enforcement officials like Apple do their job. "...while at the same time being mindful of privacy issues surrounding CPS records. This legislation clarifies an existing statute and removes the questions of when its appropriate to release records to law enforcement during a criminal investigation."

Fahy adds that the new law would have a fail-safe mechanism. "...that would allow for a third-party administrative review should local government turn down that access to records. That third party administrative review would be by OCFS, the office of children and family services."

[...]

Judge chides slain boy's father for arrest, missed visits
Children's health ignored, neglect complaint charges

By Robert Gavin Times Union 9:23 pm, Wed, Mar 11, 15

Judge Lays Out Charges of Neglect Against Kenneth White's Father Prior to His Death
By TWC News Web Staff Wed, Mar 11, '15, 12:00 pm

Aunt of 5-Year-Old Kenneth White Appeared in Family Court Tuesday
Barry Wygel, TWC News, Tue, Mar 3, '15, 2:30 pm

Murdered boy's family fights for custody of kids
03/03/2015 12:31 PM WNYT

Judge: Siblings of murdered boy had signs of abuse (subscription required)
Sisters of murdered boy to stay in foster care; visitation denied
By Matthew McKibben, The Daily Gazette Mar 3, 15, 9:08 p.m.

Photo source

The Enterprise — Marcello Iaia

Sheriff and lawmaker: Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple talks with Assemblywoman Patricia Fahy in the halls of the legislative office building after a press conference Monday.

Attachments

• Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple - Edited.jpg
    Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple - Edited.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 207
Police should have easier access to child protection records in case of kidnappings, Sen. Ritchie says
Sun, Mar 22, '15, 4:28 pm

"Sen. Patty Ritchie, R-Heuvelton, wants police to have easier access to child protection records in the event of kidnappings.

[...]

"The measure (S.3520-A)",

[... inspired by Kenneth White's case, is to address]

“When a child goes missing, it goes without saying that time is of the essence,”[... LE has to]"jump through hoops in order to gain access to the information they need to bring children quickly to safety."

[... the law covers a]

"glaring loophole"[... and povides an]"additional level of protection"[...to children in ]"harm’s way.”

[...DOJ's recent stats show that]

"797,500 children younger than 18 were reported missing in a one-year period of time, resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back