GUILTY NY - Kenneth White, 5, Berne, 18 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pediatrician: Bruises found on sister of Kenny White not accidental

http://news10.com/2015/03/25/abuse-petition-trial-begins-for-family-of-kenneth-white/
This is such a sad case..I hope Kenneths sisters never go bact to any family member..I could post all day the different articles. The grandmother the father, mother aunts uncle...all tainted...how do you break the cycle.

, Mary Rotgers, the girls' grandmother, filed a petition for custody from her home in California. Her petition was thrown out because it wasn't filed properly — and because Rotgers has a history with child protective services.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Relatives-in-Kenneth-White-case-return-to-family-6111796.php

http://news10.com/2015/03/25/abuse-petition-trial-begins-for-family-of-kenneth-white/
This is such a sad case..I hope Kenneths sisters never go bact to any family member..I could post all day the different articles. The grandmother the father, mother aunts uncle...all tainted...how do you break the cycle.

, Mary Rotgers, the girls' grandmother, filed a petition for custody from her home in California. Her petition was thrown out because it wasn't filed properly — and because Rotgers has a history with child protective services.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Relatives-in-Kenneth-White-case-return-to-family-6111796.php

Thanks for this Icanseeyou....
:shakinghead:

This case resonates with me deeply. As with Little Ahizya Osceola, in Florida, it appears the children in both families are not safe with any adults they're related to :furious:

With AO, his step-brother is staying with a paternal aunt, even though his "dad" and stepmomster have been charged in his death. It makes me question such decisions.

I'm hoping they will reconsider. Placement outside of the home is sometimes the only viable option. I pray for the children left to pick up the pieces after their sibling is murdered. The pursuit of justice is theirs as well.
:twocents:

:praying:

:rose: :rose:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sad, sitting here reading your word,I'm crying on my iPad.
I'm so grateful, for all those involved in changing laws, and caring. The law enforcement that is handling this case should receive awards for the outstanding job they have done.
I hope the family can see the love in the community, and can come to some sense to give them up.

I'm so sad, sitting here reading your word,I'm crying on my iPad.
I'm so grateful, for all those involved in changing laws, and caring. The law enforcement that is handling this case should receive awards for the outstanding job they have done.
I hope the family can see the love in the community, and can come to some sense to give them up.

Thank you, Icanseeyou, I'm just starting to catch up with you.

Kenneth's sister has Sheriff Apple looking out for them, Kenneth's Army, and I imagine many more people, now. His little life ending as it did means a great deal to people. His sisters will grow to know people may have cared too late, but that they do care and help, given a chance.

Judge: Kenneth White's surviving sisters had bruises made by one, or both, of their caretakers
Judge keeps aunt from Kenneth White sisters

By Lauren Stanforth, The Times Union, 8:38 pm, Tuesday, Mar 3, '15
[...]
At the hearing, James Green, an Albany County attorney, said the county had trouble obtaining child protective information from Montgomery County and Berkshire County in Massachusetts, where the parents live. The counties responded with some information on Tuesday morning, Green said, and the neglect petitions will be served on the parents shortly.
[...]
Casey also confirmed court proceedings in Massachusetts involving the removal of two of Kenneth's older siblings from Jayson White. She said she did know why.
[...]

Good to know little Kenneth's older siblings in MA are being looked after by Albany.

By Trishna Begam, NEWS10, Mar 25, '15, 6:18 pm

[...]

Doctor Rebecca Butterfield, a pediatrician at Albany Medical Center and child abuse expert. She did a head to toe exam on Kenneth’s sisters on December 19, 2014,

[...]

Pictures were then admitted as evidence, and she said the bruises were not accidental. She explained that the bruises were not accidental or from being rambunctious child. One injury was a very prominent bruise to the girls right cheek.

[...]

Praying for little Kenneth who touched so many hearts, the for the well being and happiness of his sisters and brothers, this, their first Easter and Spring without him.

Praying for little Kenneth who touched so many hearts, the for the well being and happiness of his sisters and brothers, this, their first Easter and Spring without him.

Ditto. I really am surprised there was not another arrest. I just felt sure there would be . Shows my hinky meter is bro-ken.

I just quick read this whole thread and I am so sad for the way these kids lived. I didn't have time to read every article so if someone could clarify a few things for me I'd appreciate it.

1) do the bio parents actually have 10 children?
2) do we know if the courts/ CPS placed those kids with the aunt? Or did mom/dad send them there?
3) I've read on here that mom had serious health/ heart issues and that is why the kids were living there? ( (I have also read RUMORS that mom had her own self induced issues. Not related to her heart)
4) can anyone fill me in on where the rest of Kenneth's siblings are? ( if there really are 10-11 kids) I read somewhere that one or both parents had lost custody of other children but I'm not sure if it was SM rumor?

Im with Kimi as far as my feelings about the parents. It seems no one in the family is a decent human being. CPS involvement with various parts of the family tree, drug allegations, abuse/ neglect charges, living in filth.
The kindness and caring shown by Sheriff Apple and Kenneth's Army is the only bright spot in the whole mess. This whole family should be deeply ashamed of themselves, IMO.

Thanks for the help.

My gf got a "thank you for attending the memorial service" message on her Facebook account from Kenneth's father. Since we've never had contact with any member of the family, and certainly not through Facebook, we assume someone got our name from the visitor registry (or whatever it's called). I guess it was a nice gesture, but definitely a first for me.

Shadowangel,

Please contact me ASAP. It's ALL GOOD. You can send a PM or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

If anyone is in touch with Shadowangel please ask her/him to contact me.

Thank you,
Tricia

I just quick read this whole thread and I am so sad for the way these kids lived. I didn't have time to read every article so if someone could clarify a few things for me I'd appreciate it.

1) do the bio parents actually have 10 children?
2) do we know if the courts/ CPS placed those kids with the aunt? Or did mom/dad send them there?
3) I've read on here that mom had serious health/ heart issues and that is why the kids were living there? ( (I have also read RUMORS that mom had her own self induced issues. Not related to her heart)
4) can anyone fill me in on where the rest of Kenneth's siblings are? ( if there really are 10-11 kids) I read somewhere that one or both parents had lost custody of other children but I'm not sure if it was SM rumor?

Im with Kimi as far as my feelings about the parents. It seems no one in the family is a decent human being. CPS involvement with various parts of the family tree, drug allegations, abuse/ neglect charges, living in filth.
The kindness and caring shown by Sheriff Apple and Kenneth's Army is the only bright spot in the whole mess. This whole family should be deeply ashamed of themselves, IMO.

Thanks for the help.

I believe it's correct there were 10 children. I believe 2 girls live with the father, and then there were 2 girls and Kenneth with the aunt. I'm not sure where the others were/are.

I believe both mother and father voluntarily signed over custody to the aunt. It probably varies by state but I think if all parties agree, it's done in court without there having to be home visits and certifications the way it would be if they had gone to a foster family.

I think it is correct that there are both legitimate health issues and "self induced" issues with the mother.

http://www.timesunion.com/7dayarchive/article/Defendant-in-Kenneth-White-killing-admits-6293462.php

VanAlstyne said she became terrified when the boy was unresponsive. She walked across the street but felt weak "because I knew what I did was very horrible" and dropped the boy in the snow, his head hitting the ground. She later said that she also dropped the boy on her way out the door.
She said she thought the child might have let out a cry. She said she did not know if the boy was alive.
"That's when I put him over the (guardrail) and I just covered him," she said.

Does anyone find the part about going to drop off gifts at an unnamed school weird?

:tears:
This was a truly heartbreaking article to read. I've no doubt Little Kenneth suffered greatly before he left this earth.

:angel:

:rose:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Exclusive-Tiffany-VanAlstyne-pleads-guilty-in-6654142.php

Facing damning evidence that included her confession to police on videotape, Tiffany VanAlstyne pleaded guilty Tuesday to the strangulation murder of her 5-year-old cousin Kenneth White after she became "a little frustrated" with the kindergartner in their Knox trailer last December.

VanAlstyne, 20, faces 18 years to life in prison at her sentencing on Jan. 14. She admitted to the depraved indifference murder of a child in the second-degree.

Thank you for updating Little Kenneth's thread, OkieGranny :heart:

I truly hope TVA never receives parole. She gave Kenneth a death sentence that day, and had the wherewithal to lead everyone on a wild goose chase afterwards to protect herself. I remember being in the basement during the search, :earson: and hoping against all hope. :sigh: :(

When Little Kenneth was found, I cried! What followed when the truth came out was pure fury at what he endured. The only acceptable answer was for the system that had failed him and his siblings to finally get it right. I believe this is a clear step in that direction.

In my heart, I believe Kenneth is at peace. I pray his siblings will one day find their own way towards happy and healthy lives. The greatest gift they can ever have is to each live the life that was taken from Kenneth. They deserve it just as much as he did.

:moo:

Brenda VanAlstyne received a call from Tiffany, who told her the lie that Kenneth had been kidnapped, and she said she had been questioned by police.

In truth, the boy had been on Tiffany VanAlstyne's lap. She was showing the kindergartner flash cards to help the boy with his schoolwork.

"You were asking him questions," the judge asked, "and he kept giving you wrong answers, correct?" She said yes.

The judge asked VanAlstyne if she was becoming "a little frustrated" with Kenneth White's responses because she understood he knew the right answers. She said yes.

VanAlstyne said she blacked out — and has no memory of what happened next. "When you came to ... and you started recalling things, your hand was on his neck. Is that correct," the judge asked.

"Yes," she said...

VanAlstyne admitted she threw Kenneth White over a guardrail into a drainage ditch — then covered him up with snow so people would not see him. She then admitted concocting the story to cover her tracks and that she took a hammer and pounded on the door of the family home to make it appear intruders broke in. All the while, her cousin lay in the snow.

"You disregarded his situation and you were focused on this cover-up story, correct?" the judge asked VanAlstyne. "You were concerned about the story and not Kenneth, correct?"

She said yes.

The judge asked, "You thought he was alive, correct?" At first VanAlstyne said no. She then admitted she heard noises from Kenneth White
http://m.timesunion.com/local/article/Exclusive-Tiffany-VanAlstyne-pleads-guilty-in-6654142.php

Thank you for posting this link. This article contains a much more extensive write up of the court proceedings and is a must-read, IMO.

Little Kenneth's legacy, for the most vulnerable children of his State, has been finalized:

[...]
The case led to passage of a state law, which Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed Monday, that speeds up investigators' access to child abuse records.

The legislation makes it clear that police officers and prosecutors can get access to confidential information on the statewide child abuse register when a child is missing. In the initial hours of the search for Kenneth White, investigators were denied access to the child's records with the Albany County's Child Protective Services.
[...]
This should be the law of the land - Kenneth's Law.
:twocents:

Yes, I think it's outrageous that LE could not access the CPS records in such a case! Against all common sense.

I'm glad that Tiffany pleaded guilty; I thought she might try pleading insanity, given her pre-existing bipolar disorder diagnosis and her claims of blacking out during the murder. I remember when she was first arrested people speculated that she might have an illegal drug habit, I wonder if she did?

It'll soon be a year since little Kenneth's cruel and senseless death. Prayers for this sweet little Spider-man fan, for the well being of his siblings, for more power to his Army of supporters and for the strength and success of the good Sheriff Apple continue.

May little Kenneth White rest in peace.

Book collection started in Kenneth White’s memory
NEWS10 ABC

At the Berne Knox Westerlo Elementary School, with a focus on

"books Kenneth enjoyed such as books about spiders, dirt bikes and Spider-Man."

[...]

as well books that help children grieve the loss of loved ones.

Candlelight vigil to honor Kenneth White on anniversary of his death

"Dec. 18, at 7 p.m., at his memorial site, on Thacher Park Road for a candlelight vigil."

[...]

"In addition, we are asking that you tie a blue ribbon on your mailbox, from Dec. 18, the day he was killed, through Dec. 27, the day he was buried, in memory of our sweet little boy."

https://www.facebook.com/Kennethsarmy/?fref=photo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966