GUILTY NY - Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, 15, murdered by gang-caught on video, Bronx, 20 June 2018 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jury deliberations begin in trial of slain Bronx teen Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz

JUN 13, 2019

"...Eleven women and one man are tasked with deciding the fate of Elvin Garcia, Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez Santiago, Manuel Rivera, Jose Muniz and Jonaiki Martinez Estrella, who face first-degree murder and other charges for the 2018 killing.

Judge Robert Neary told the jury they can deliberate over the five defendants separately and return individual verdicts...."

Jury deliberations begin in trial of slain Bronx teen Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz

Jury Deliberations Begin In 'Justice For Junior' Trial

Jun 13, 2019

All five found guilty. The right verdict. I am thinking of Junior's family today.

Justice comes for Junior: Jury finds all 5 gang members GUILTY of first-degree murder in clean-sweep verdict

Five Trinitarios gang members of more than a dozen men arrested were convicted. Jonaiki Martinez Estrella, Manuel Rivera, Elvin Garcia, Jose Muniz and Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez Santiago, who were all convicted on charges of first-degree murder, second-degree murder, gang assault and conspiracy, now face jail time.

Last edited:

CeFaan Kim‏Verified account @CeFaanKim 3h3 hours ago
BREAKING: all 5 defendants guilty 1st degree murder.

CeFaan Kim‏Verified account @CeFaanKim 2h2 hours ago

Junior’s older brother says family is ecstatic with guilty verdicts. Now they want life without parole.

D9DEWexXoAMTBHv.jpg

CeFaan Kim‏Verified account @CeFaanKim 2h2 hours ago
Junior supporters now singing outside Bronx criminal court celebrating guilty verdict for all 5 defendants. #JusticeForJunior

(video clip: CeFaan Kim on Twitter )

CeFaan Kim‏Verified account @CeFaanKim 44m44 minutes ago
Sentencing is July 16th. They face life in prison. Other defendants - 8 not including cooperating witness - in court Monday when a judge will set trial date. They face 2nd degree murder, accused of being involved in attack but not actually stabbing Junior. #JUSTICEFORJUNIOR

Victor Pichardo‏ @Vpichardo86 4m4 minutes ago
My statement today on the jury’s verdict in the Lesandro Junior Guzman-Feliz Trial #JusticeforJunior

D9DjleaXoAEQJpG.jpg

So full of promise and goodness. Breaks my heart. Thank goodness for #justiceforjunior.

Yes indeed. Monsters will at least be off the streets, but what a sad loss for the world that Junior cannot fulfill his promise, very very very sad. I hope it helps his family at least somewhat.

Yes indeed. Monsters will at least be off the streets, but what a sad loss for the world that Junior cannot fulfill his promise, very very very sad. I hope it helps his family at least somewhat.
@Kavya01, I work in a school in the area. There is fear that there will be escalated gang violence in this area this summer among my students. And, many that I work with have the same goodness that Junior had and do so many life affirming things. I hope the fears are unfounded.

@YESorNO
Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. I'm very glad for the convictions.
Junior's mom was tremendously strong through this. She has my respect!
It's sad on SO many levels...one just being the fact that many, many people live in large cities where there is gang violence. Sounds very scary.

Trinitarios suspect smiles at daughter in court and professes love as new phase of ‘Junior’ case begins

JUNE 17, 2019

"CONCOURSE, the BRONX — Ronald Urena was the only one of eight “Junior” murder defendants to show up in court Monday, and he made a special effort to seek out his little daughter when he walked in.

Wearing beads around his neck and a bun atop his head, Urena flashed a big smile at the young girl sitting in the courtroom’s back row with several women.

When Urena turned to leave, he faced his daughter a second time and smiled again, “Hi Joselyne, I love you.”

The little girl beamed from the back row, as her daddy was led away in shackles.

His appearance came as prosecutor Morgan Dolan put the possibility of plea deals on the table.

“We are willing to consider potential pleas for manslaughter in the first degree.”

This means Dolan is willing to negotiate pleas to a lower charge with the eight remaining defendants in the second-degree murder case, ”with an eye toward trying to resolve these cases.”...

Urena, wearing high-security protective gloves on his hands, and shackled at the waist, made a brief appearance before Neary, who wants to start pre-trial hearings by Sept. 23."

Trinitarios suspect smiles at daughter in court and professes love as new phase of ‘Junior’ case begins

‘Junior’ killer attacks, dislocates shoulder of correction officer at Manhattan Detention Center (with clip)

JUNE 19, 2019

"NEW YORK — Jose Muniz, one of the five men convicted in the murder of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman Feliz, attacked a correction officer at the Manhattan Detention Center, dislocating the officer's shoulder, according to sources.

The attack took place Tuesday night at Manhattan Detention Center, where Muniz is being held while awaiting transfer to a state prison, sources said.

The officer was treated at the hospital and released, according to sources...."

‘Junior’ killer attacks, dislocates shoulder of correction officer at Manhattan Detention Center

Justice for Junior trial: What’s next for suspects in Bronx bodega slaying one year after teen’s death

JUNE 20, 2019

" THE BRONX — One year after a teen was brutally slain outside a bodega in the Bronx, five men have been convicted of his murder — and eight others await trial for their alleged involvement in the attack.

On Monday, prosecutor Morgan Dolan put the possibility of plea deals on the table for the remaining eight men.

Alleged Trinitarios gang members Frederick Then, Ronald Urena, Jose Tavarez, Danel Fernandez, Gabriel Ramirez Concepcion, Diego Suero, Danilo Payamps Pacheco and Luis Caberasantos are all charged with second-degree murder for being part of the chase that led to the death of 15-year-old Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz last June....

This means Dolan is willing to negotiate pleas to a lower charge with the eight remaining defendants in the second-degree murder case,” with an eye toward trying to resolve these cases.”

A plea bargain would still assign blame for intent to cause serious physical injury that resulted in Junior’s death.

The range of possible sentences could fall anywhere between 12 and 25 years. Dolan told Judge Robert Neary: “Obviously, we’d have to work out the number.”...

Neary, who said he’s looking to avoid multiple trials, said pre-trial hearings are expected to start by Sept. 23.

Here’s what we know about the next eight suspects in the Junior case:...."

Justice for Junior trial: What’s next for suspects in Bronx bodega slaying one year after teen’s death

‘You felt his terror:’ NYPD chief at center of ‘Junior’ investigation remains shaken by murder’s brutality (with clip)

JUNE 20, 2019

"ONE POLICE PLAZA — NYPD Assistant Chief Jason Wilcox was commanding officer of Bronx Detectives for five years and will never forget the call he got last June 20, or the surveillance video he was shown from the Belmont bodega.

“You’re looking at the video,” Wilcox told PIX11, “and you see how brutal and cruel it was, and it affects us, and we see immediately the importance of this.”

“That image of Junior’s face, his eyes, them dragging him out of that bodega ... was incredibly powerful and it immediately connected with people,” Wilcox noted. “They felt for Junior. You couldn’t help but feel for him. You felt his fear. You felt his terror.”..."

‘You felt his terror:’ NYPD chief at center of ‘Junior’ investigation remains shaken by murder’s brutality
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch: Justice for Junior Special Part 3: Losing Lesandro :(

Jun 20, 2019

"It’s been 1 year since 15 year-old Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz was taken by gang violence. A heartbreak his family was not prepared for and one they’ve had no choice but to live with. In “Justice for Junior: Losing Lesandro,” News 12’s Aime Rodriguez spends time with Junior’s family. They share with her how they have been coping over the last 12 months and fond memories they hold close in their hearts."

Justice for Junior Special Part 3: Losing Lesandro

#JusticeForJunior: Status Of Men Charged In Lesandro Guzman-Feliz’s Murder (with clip)

June 24, 2019

"...CONVICTED:

Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez Santiago
Elvin Garcia
Jonaiki Martinez Estrella
Jose Muniz
Manuel Rivera
Kevin Alvarez

AWAITING TRIAL:

Danel Fernandez
Danilo Payamps Pacheco
Diego Suero