GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case reminds me of the Hassani Campbell case. He was 5 y/o and had cerebral palsy and wore leg braces. His foster father said he left the boy at the back door of the business where his aunt worked and went around to the front door to let the aunt know the boy was there. By the time they made it back to the back door, the boy had disappeared and has never been found. Here's a thread on his case.

CA - Hassani Campbell - 5 years old - Oakland - 10 Aug 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Can't find the post that references the brain bleed/ seizures. Prematurely born infants are susceptible to what is called an intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH) due to the fragility of their immature brains. An IVH can cause seizures. In fact, new onset seizures are often the first symptom. Not sure if this baby was born prematurely- but this would explain it. Can someone point me to the link for this info about this poor little guy?

From your link -
"Police have also reached out to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the missing person unit of the state Division of Criminal Justice Services. By Wednesday afternoon, the Missing and Exploited Children center had agreed to send several retired investigators to offer Utica police insight about what clues they should look for in this missing child case."

That's really cool, I didn't know they did that.

Things like this make people like WSers who care and want to help... not want to care or help.

Took a 9 month old baby for a late night walk because the baby could not sleep. HE'S A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big fat liar with an attorney. Ok, good luck to you.

Article states that Atty stated he is not representing him.

Oh sure - oops doors locked (go round back get in - open front door) oh my 9-month old baby is gone? Hmm well maybe he just went for a walk, think I will just shut the door make some dinner and watch a little tv.

didn't even bother enough to *make up* a kidnapping story that day

Yeah, right, I know. You would think after 2 weeks he could have come up with a better story then that. That is almost on the caliber of "the nanny took the baby". I guess seeing a mother walk away from responsibility of a lost child is encouraging other stellar parents.

Things like this make people like WSers who care and want to help... not want to care or help.

Took a 9 month old baby for a late night walk because the baby could not sleep. HE'S A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big fat liar with an attorney. Ok, good luck to you.

This guy makes me sick= but I think the excuse means he took him in a stroller around the block? Is there a reason a grown man could not open a door with a baby in his arms, or strapped in a stroller sitting nearby- and bring the child in the front door with him??????

Levon & Elaina.... smh: they both had family members willing and able to take care of both of them- no excuse-none

I can only hope the child was alive , strapped in a stroller- and some good samaritan took him home to love him- if any part of this excuse actually happens to be true- which I doubt.

Yes. My middle child got a subdural hematoma from the use of a vacuum extractor during an emergency intervention during his birth. He was too far along to do a C-section so they had to go that route.

Subdural hematoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A subdural hematoma (American spelling) or subdural haematoma (British spelling), also known as a subdural haemorrhage (SDH), is a type of hematoma, usually associated with traumatic brain injury. Blood gathers within the outermost meningeal layer, between the dura mater, which adheres to the skull, and the arachnoid mater, which envelops the brain. "

Also, arteriovenous malformations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arteriovenous_malformation

They are rare but I figured I'd mention since I have actually seen one in a neonate.

From your link -
"Police have also reached out to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the missing person unit of the state Division of Criminal Justice Services. By Wednesday afternoon, the Missing and Exploited Children center had agreed to send several retired investigators to offer Utica police insight about what clues they should look for in this missing child case."

That's really cool, I didn't know they did that.

That's Team Adam. They work in a lot of secrecy. The public usually doesn't know they're on a missing child case. You can find info about them on the NCMEC site. They're very cool.

http://www.missingkids.com/TeamADAM

First, why isn't the child listed as medically fragile? Maybe I missed that but I would think that would be important to mention. Of course, odds are the child is deceased, sad to say, so it wouldn't really matter.
Also, at the risk of sounding politically incorrect or insensitive, am I the only one that questions the child's paternity? I realize that genetics are a funny thing but generally I believe that there would be some indication of the child being racially mixed. My granddaughter's father was biracial, so she is 1/4 African American but she is very distinctively racially mixed. I only bring this up because if there is a question in the father's mind about his paternity it may explain his lack of apparent concern or even a motive.

The baby looks awfully thin to me. Look at his tiny wrists.

I know you can't say for sure but his scuffles with the police and a fight in jail are hardly the sort of violence most abusers have (then again the majority have none, they are considered great parents). There would be no jails if they arrested everyone who struck out at a cop (i don't even think he landed a punch from the wording). It depends on the cop and the fact he escaped. Otherwise he would have nothing but misdemeanors of a really minor sort, they just walked up the charges bc of the escape.

That escape also tells me he is dirt stupid. The thing he was charged with was not going to give him a long time in jail and likely would be a probation walk. brass knuckles arent toys but just having them isn't normally considered jail worthy unless there were other charges. So he runs to escape his minor problem.

Like i said, he is a coward who runs to escape trouble and I bet dollars to donuts he ended up with a dead baby due to negligence (meds) or he really did snap but that abuse was not integral to the relationship and as usual he has only made it far worse for him than if he stood up like a man and called LE or told a relative.

I hear you. I probably didn't explain myself too well. I was thinking more along the lines of the added responsibility of going from a two parent household to a single parent household with a child with Levon's health issues and the responsibility of two other children, who may or may not also have some health issues.

I agree with your points, I just think someone who can't control his emotions if he's trying to beat up cops and having altercations while incarcerated probably isn't too good at keeping himself from snapping or going off in other situations as well. It could be he snapped or neglect if he has substance abuse issues which went undiscovered by CPS.

I'm hoping he is found now.... either way he needs to be brought home.

According to Wameling’s version of events – which has already begun to make national news, officials said – Wameling took Levon for a late-night walk around the block May 29 because the boy was having trouble sleeping.

http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x...9-month-old-missing-for-2-weeks#axzz2W2xJ5gET

A walk around the block around 11:30pm with a baby wearing only a diaper when the weather was appx 61-62 degrees at the time? riiiiiight. What, did he think the cool weather would lul the baby to sleep?

I think the grain of truth in his statement about the trouble sleeping is he went wiggy on the kid for being fussy and not sleeping.

How many children do we read about who die because their parent(s) get tired of listening to them cry. Locally, a couple were charged with murdering their child by putting a pillow over his face to quiet his crying while they were numbing themselves out with various substances. I'm fearful Levon met that same or a very similiar fate.

I suspect that there's some grain of truth in Dad's story ---- sadly.

You know with his medical history they are going to have a really hard time prosecuting unless he told someone with no body. Lets say they offer a plea to negligent homicide. Well drug doses have to be readjusted often so no proof that he couldnt have died from that. Seizures and blood on the brain can both kill infants on their own. A good attorney would make mincemeat of the DA.

His only action that goes to guilt is hiding the missing but there are so many reasons that it might be the case (none complementary) I don't see a jury convicting on that alone. Heck the police flyers about abduction themselves say reasonable doubt. The police are thinking abduction. Why wouldn't a jury have reasonable doubt without far more evidence than we know of

ETA i think this will be a heartbreaker for justice. Cause im not even sure what happened, there are to many reasonable possibilities, from murder to accident to abduction

Nicole Pitt ‏@NGPitt 2m
BRAND NEW at 11: I spoke with the man who lives in the apartment downstairs from where 9-month-old Levon Wameling was last seen.

An inmate at the county jail is accused of sending a fellow inmate to the hospital during a fight Saturday afternoon.

Sheriff’s deputies said [JL], 21, of Francis Street, Utica, was brawling with Jevon T. Wameling, 25, also of Utica, at about 2 p.m. Saturday.

<snipped by me>

Wameling has been in lockup since June 7 on a charge of weapons possession. He has since been released from the hospital and returned to jail.

Ok, so baby missing since May 29th. Dad in jail since June 7th. When did mom check in at rehab?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back