NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, like those final pings from the massapequa cell tower... (oak beach)
and yet we still have people suspecting MP, diaz, or anyone else who doesn't live on jones island...

That's not the way triangulation works. It doesn't just ping off one tower. It pings the 3 closest towers and by the strength of each signal it can narrow the location down to a few hundred feet. A call from OB would never show up as Massapequa.

That's not the way triangulation works. It doesn't just ping off one tower. It pings the 3 closest towers and by the strength of each signal it can narrow the location down to a few hundred feet. A call from OB would never show up as Massapequa.

Not all are registered for public knowledge. - Here is the registered ones in the area.

http://find.mapmuse.com/map/cell-towers/near/MASSAPEQUA%20PARK,+NY

There are tons more in that area...Even more registered ones that are not on that map. - Carrier is specific to some cell towers too.

"... I was convinced we were dealing with a white killer. Very rarely did we see this type of crime cross racial lines..." - John Douglas, Mind hunter

"These were both sexually based crimes perpetrated by an insecure and inadequate adult male. Both victims were white, and we had found it unusual to see this kind of crime cross racial lines." - John Douglas, Mind hunter

Again, I know nothing about this profile biz except what I've learned from Douglas's 3 books. I have been given the impression that sexually sadistic serial killers hunt within their own ethnicity. My phrasing was too strong, I probably should have said it would be "more unusual" ... but the margaritas were good and I didn't. :crazy: More over, I believe this SK did kill the Asian male, and Peaches, both outside his ethnicity, but I feel that they were not specifically targeted... Prior to the internet, procuring a prostitute or victim was a completely different game for him.

Clearly I am new to this field of serial killing, you guys are the resident experts and I'm still a newbie.

I'm a newbie too and so far behind you in knowledge......sounds like a good book. One I need to read. Thanks

And by making the Oak Beach dumping grounds his personal trophy case. And I think that's the reason he used burlap. It blends into the environment to the eye who doesn't know it's actually there, but HE could probably pick it out of the scenery, because he knew what to look for.

I've always thought, and continue to think, that our SK is a man who feels powerless and emasculated in his real life. This "other world" he inhabits is a blank page where he can rewrite himself. He kills to feel powerful, to be what he can't be in his real life. But he needs his real life too, the image of an upright citizen, a do-gooder, perhaps even a hero. He straddles two different worlds, and is usually very careful that the two don't meet. I don't for one minute think our guy keeps victims one minute longer than he has to. He uses them for what he needs, then throws them out like trash and walks away quickly, back to real life.
JMO

That is a very good analogy. The burlap makes sense. Would you say in his daily life he would be the one everyone calls when they need some help, the nice neighbor, knows a little about everything? Joins every group activity and clubs?

That is a very good analogy. The burlap makes sense. Would you say in his daily life he would be the one everyone calls when they need some help, the nice neighbor, knows a little about everything? Joins every group activity and clubs?

JeanniC, You stated exactly what I have been thinking about this guy. If he has a wife/gf/kids then he would need excuses for time away from home to satisfy his 'urges'. JMO

wm

Again, I know nothing about this profile biz except what I've learned from Douglas's 3 books. [...] Clearly I am new to this field of serial killing, you guys are the resident experts and I'm still a newbie.
Do you comprehend, in the least little bit, why I even bother to challenge your faulty assertions? Here's a clue.

yet we still have people suspecting MP, diaz, or anyone else who doesn't live on jones island...
Otherwise put, it's your denigration of others who may hold views that differ from your:

"CPH is the SK who murdered not only SG but *all* of the victims found on OBP and the beginning of his killing career was the triggered by a car accident that resulted in the loss of his leg."

And even going so far as to accuse another board member of being CPH bc he said CPH could not possibly be the SK. And yet, with all your smug arrogance and bravado, you are in no position to pass such judgements.

(I'm a "computer person") I have very recently just read John Douglas's 3 books: Mind Hunter, Anatomy of a motive, and sexual homicides.
Moreover, even if you were a world-class profiler, denigrating other's povs is not only rude but it stifles open discourse and honest inquiry into horrific crimes. That said, and in summary, I absolutely support your right to hold whatever opinion you so choose. I do however strongly oppose your repeated attempt to shame others to your pov.

I think he probably has a driving need to be seen as someone who is somebody. How that plays out, I couldn't say. I think the internal conflicts are numerous and nagging. If he's a "joiner", as you suggest, then I think he's probably shy, unconfident, socially awkward in those settings. And I would bet my bottom dollar he's a drinker.

JMO

If he's a "joiner", as you suggest, then I think he's probably shy, unconfident, socially awkward in those settings.

I think convincing girls to let down their guard suggests an unnatural outward projection of calm and confidence. Who's going to go along willingly with the nervous guy and leave their cell behind?

Do you comprehend, in the least little bit, why I even bother to challenge your faulty assertions? Here's a clue.

Otherwise put, it's your denigration of others who may hold views that differ from your:

"CPH is the SK who murdered not only SG but *all* of the victims found on OBP and the beginning of his killing career was the triggered by a car accident that resulted in the loss of his leg."

And even going so far as to accuse another board member of being CPH bc he said CPH could not possibly be the SK. And yet, with all your smug arrogance and bravado, you are in no position to pass such judgements.

Moreover, even if you were a world-class profiler, denigrating other's povs is not only rude but it stifles open discourse and honest inquiry into horrific crimes. That said, and in summary, I absolutely support your right to hold whatever opinion you so choose. I do however strongly oppose your repeated attempt to shame others to your pov.

You should follow your own words as well

I still believe Joseph Brewer is the culprit in this case.

I think Hackett may just be a little eccentric but I don't believe he's the killer.

From what I've read Brewer really stuck out like a sore thumb in that community.

And I'm still of the opinion he's probably a mama's boy & that mom or her $ provided for him. I also think he was probably too immature for marriage & having a child....so he lived at the beach & did his own "thang" and just visited his wife and child occasionally at his mom's. He's the one who hired Shannan (and I firmly believe her disappearance is not just a coincidence....)

And you have to remember that Pak was already gone when police first arrived so they had no idea at that time that Brewer was the john ...and it probably took some time for State police to relay all the details of Shannan's 911 call to the local police who responded to Coletti's call....and I doubt Brewer was interviewed until Pak reported Shannan missing.

I believe Brewer caught up to Shannan early that morning....and he got rid of her....plain & simple. After nothing much being done when she disappeared, he felt cocky & confident enough to do it again with Waterman & Costello.

But fortunately for now....he's stifled, and there have been no new victims.

jmho

I think convincing girls to let down their guard suggests an unnatural outward projection of calm and confidence. Who's going to go along willingly with the nervous guy and leave their cell behind?

I didn't say "nervous", I said shy, unconfident, and socially awkward in his normal life, and in specific situations. This fantasy life he creates for himself is something else entirely, imo. But either way, he comes off as non-threatening in both worlds, I'm betting. If I were a working girl, I'd be MUCH more likely to let my guard down with someone I felt were weaker than me. Wouldn't you?

I didn't say "nervous", I said shy, unconfident, and socially awkward in his normal life, and in specific situations. This fantasy life he creates for himself is something else entirely, imo. But either way, he comes off as non-threatening in both worlds, I'm betting. If I were a working girl, I'd be MUCH more likely to let my guard down with someone I felt were weaker than me. Wouldn't you?
*shrug* Awkward implies nervous to me, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. Maybe the difference is all semantic.

By confident, I mean relaxed and self assured. It's quite possible to look like a confident weakling and conversely an awkward brute.

One of the most important skills of a salesmen (or conman) is projecting self-confidence. If you don't trust yourself, why should anyone else? Since behavior is awkward when it's not the normal response to the situation, being awkward sets off mental alarms and people become suspicious.

There is a sick twisted serial killer in my back yard who dismembers helpless young women and I don't have time to sugarcoat my analysis because some on here may have sensitive toes. Feelings don't need to be hurt when people speculate differently than each other, it's just healthy debating.

I've been wrong on here before, and I actually like when people point out a mistake I made, because I learn and my analysis can become more sound. I believe this to be the value of social media with respect to the analysis of crime.

"Collective intelligence is a shared or group intelligence that emerges from the collaboration and competition of many individuals and appears in consensus decision making in bacteria, animals, humans and computer networks."

I cross examined Inspector Gadget because he did a great and thorough job of sleuthing a potential suspect. As he and I debated, we analyzed every last detail of his theory, back and forth, it was great, in the end he said I was doing a good job of convincing him it was CPH. He is probably back at his drawing board working on his theory more, which is great.

In fun, I asked Inspector Gadget if he had a prosthetic leg, a "go-go-gadget-leg", and he said yes. He later told me he didn't understand what I was asking him at the time. Some of our discussion took place over PM, I don't believe his feelings were hurt at all, we had good fun, and made each other laugh a bit too.

This is a from a non-fiction book about a SK, I changed the name of the subject... I found this paragraph about the suspect eerily familiar...

"John Smith has always had rescue fantasies. When he was younger he wanted to be a Highway Patrol Officer and thought about applying to the police academy. He still has a picture of an officer on his wall in his living room; the picture is surrounded by faces of missing, abducted, and murdered children. He could see himself as a cop, cruising the roads and catching criminals, doing good, saving people. As he did with other fantasies, he acted on this one, and was always ready to give a stranded motorist a helping hand"

I still believe Joseph Brewer is the culprit in this case.

I think Hackett may just be a little eccentric but I don't believe he's the killer.

From what I've read Brewer really stuck out like a sore thumb in that community.

And I'm still of the opinion he's probably a mama's boy & that mom or her $ provided for him. I also think he was probably too immature for marriage & having a child....so he lived at the beach & did his own "thang" and just visited his wife and child occasionally at his mom's. He's the one who hired Shannan (and I firmly believe her disappearance is not just a coincidence....)

And you have to remember that Pak was already gone when police first arrived so they had no idea at that time that Brewer was the john ...and it probably took some time for State police to relay all the details of Shannan's 911 call to the local police who responded to Coletti's call....and I doubt Brewer was interviewed until Pak reported Shannan missing.

I believe Brewer caught up to Shannan early that morning....and he got rid of her....plain & simple. After nothing much being done when she disappeared, he felt cocky & confident enough to do it again with Waterman & Costello.

But fortunately for now....he's stifled, and there have been no new victims.

jmho

JB is at the top of my list too, MrsPC. He is the one that called SG out there, whether via MP, AD or SG directly. and at least one account of that night indicates he used physical force on SG.

CPH is still very much on my radar, as he is clearly a liar and has inserted himself in the case. I could rule out him as just being an eccentric and not involved in the crime, but he has dug a fairly deep hole for himself. and has everyone seen the comment/review for him on vitals.com? true, it is just an anonymous review on the web, but the date is interesting (iirc 5/10/2010)) and it is far from flattering.

MP is a long shot for me at this point, but I think he is going to be critical to solving the case.

You make an interesting point that police arriving on the scene would most likely be looking for MP that morning, as GC saw him, probably got his license plate and told police what happened.

Still, SG apparently named a name or two on her 911 call, so depending on when police realized that SG's call and GC's calls were related, JB probably did not come into the picture right away. But surely, by the time MP and AD reported SG missing, JB's involvement in the case came to light.

I still like multiple perps in this case. There are multiple victims with multiple methods of disposal at Gilgo. We've heard there was a party at JB's.

There is a sick twisted serial killer in my back yard who dismembers helpless young women and I don't have time to sugarcoat my analysis because some on here may have sensitive toes. Feelings don't need to be hurt when people speculate differently than each other, it's just healthy debating.

I've been wrong on here before, and I actually like when people point out a mistake I made, because I learn and my analysis can become more sound. I believe this to the value of social media with respect to the analysis of crime.

"Collective intelligence is a shared or group intelligence that emerges from the collaboration and competition of many individuals and appears in consensus decision making in bacteria, animals, humans and computer networks."

I cross examined Inspector Gadget because he did a great and thorough job of sleuthing a potential suspect. As he and I debated, we analyzed every last detail of his theory, back and forth, it was great, in the end he said I was doing a good job of convincing him it was CPH. He is probably back at his drawing board working on his theory more, which is great.

In fun, I asked Inspector Gadget if he had a prosthetic leg, a "go-go-gadget-leg", and he said yes. He later told me he didn't understand what I was asking him at the time. Some of our discussion took place over PM, I don't believe his feelings were hurt at all, we had good fun, and made each other laugh a bit too.

Hey Truth, I think you're a pretty good sleuther and master debater. And you still make me laugh in that you think I'm CPH. I'm still not 100% convinced CPH is the guy (but I do assign a greater deal of weight to the probability that he might be thanks to our discussions), and I'm still interested in reviewing the court docs you mentioned. Also, I am back to the drawing board, but I still think that we should not be ruling out anyone at this point.

I still like the idea of thinking about the area around GC's house like a "probability of rain" map that you'd see on the weather channel, with GC's house as bright red and the outer perimeter of OB as green, meaning almost no chance that someone in those houses is the SK.

Someone heard the commotion. Either CPH or someone else.

I still don't have a comprehensive list of house owners in the immediate vicinity southeast of GC's house, where SG is believed to be running down Anchor. When I use Bing's 3d map of the place, there's one house south of the Dr.'s house that I'd like to know who owns.

Without mentioning ANYONE'S name or other identifying info (like address, etc), I wonder if this group could develop such a comprehensive list, say 10 houses deep from GC's house? Via PM only.

- Charles Pet... oh wait...
- Inspctr. Gadget

Everyone keeps reverting to SG, JB, MP, CPH...Can we look at this as a whole? I'm not focusing on just that night. Remember it's not all about the night SG went missing. If we step back and look at everything that has surfaced I'm sure we can draw some better conclusions. Not trying to take away from the SG investigation at all..please don't think that. - GB4 is what needs to be really the core focus. Sorry guys, just venting.

Everyone keeps reverting to SG, JB, MP, CPH...Can we look at this as a whole? I'm not focusing on just that night. Remember it's not all about the night SG went missing. If we step back and look at everything that has surfaced I'm sure we can draw some better conclusions. Not trying to take away from the SG investigation at all..please don't think that. - GB4 is what needs to be really the core focus. Sorry guys, just venting.

ALC's sister said that she assumed ALC had gone into a rehab facility because ALC had been talking about it. SG's family got a call from someone claiming to be CPH and saying that SG was with him at a rehab clinic. I find that a pretty interesting link. I'd sure like to know the drug use history of MW, MBB and MB. Wasn't MW's boyfriend busted for selling drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove