NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI cog! I'm not Reannan but wanted to share this link with you. One of our fellow sleuths has archived maps and articles to help keep us organized. Wish I could be more help but am trying to get some work done today and am just checking in periodically.

Hope this helps!

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Ocean Parkway Long Island Murders -NY-/

wm

Thanks Waltz! I get so turned around with maps and directions! I'm such a dutz!! I'll give it a go!

TY

Only problem is that Ocean Parkway is regularily utilized as a commuting highway by thousands of people on a daily basis to avoid the gridlock of the Southern State Parkway for people travelling from Nassau to Suffolk County (ten times as many every time there are construction projects on the S.S. parkway). Then there are also tens of thousands of daily beachgoers who also use Ocean Parkway. On top of that, we have a Summer concert series at the Jones Beach Theatre that attracts tens of thousands of more visitors at least once a week throughout the season. Add to this the hundreds of workers and the thousands of residents who work or live on the barrier island.

Trying to track the vehicles on Ocean Parkway would be like trying to track the vehicles travelling on I-95 or I-80.

Seaslug44, I have a question. I should look at the link of maps first from Waltz but here I go!

I did see a picture of Ocean Parkway and see what you mean regarding traffic. The bodies were found closer to the beach and it looks more desolute to me. Were they dumped on Ocean Parkway? Could the perp see the bodies or the dump site if he were traveling on Ocean Parkway?

TIA

Sea, looking at the provided map, I see now that the bodies were right on Ocean Parkway and Ocean Drive. Oh my so at various times there would be a lot of traffic and others minimal?

This person is very bold!! He wants to know were they are and see them or the area so bad! Why not dump them close to his house or the murder site?

Where does he live that the bodies would be discovered easily and therefore he couldn't put them in his backyard.

Heck, he could have carted them out in the ocean and that would have been alot easier than dumping them were he could potentially be caught doing so. Maybe this is part of the thrill? Is he trying to be caught?

OMG I'm going in insane!!!! :banghead:

Thanks Waltz! I get so turned around with maps and directions! I'm such a dutz!! I'll give it a go!

TY

Glad to be of help, cog! Our Mountain_Kat posted some great maps on one of the threads but I cannot recall which one. Perhaps when she checks in here she will repost them for us... wink, wink ;) hint hint, lol!

M_K's mapping skills are fascinating and were very helpful in giveing me a visual perspective of the area (since I''ve never been there, I get turned around too!, LOL).

I got wrapped up in looking at the photobucket archives after I posted the link.:innocent: Anyway, I was looking at an article dated 5-11-11, IIRC, and learned that "Peaches' had a c-section. I wonder if the baby's remains belong to Peaches? Peaches body was found in Manorville but she was missing her head, hands and legs below the knees.

Does anyone recall if one of the skulls found at Gilgo matched Peaches' remains from manorville? TIA, I was watching the Anthony trial farce during this time and may have missed info.

Labor Day is rapidly approaching. I hope we will hear more info on the unidentified remains once the busy tourist season has passed. fingers crossed.

MOO
wm

The section of Ocean Parkway where most of the bodies were found (near Cedar & Gilgo Beaches) seem to have one thing in common with each other; the center median between the Eastbound and Westbound sides of the highway contain dense & tall patches of woods. Our SK was smart enough to utilize this area because he would be completely undetected by oncoming traffic.

His (or her?) only risk of being caught would have been from cars approaching in his lane. However, he has two things on his side; 1) the road is a virtual straightaway. So on a very clear night, he could see headlights of any cars behind him for a few miles. That buys him up to two minutes to make each dump (which is an eternity); 2) The barrier island is often engulfed in extremely dense fog around 4am on muggy summer mornings. I'm speaking about fog that is so dense that it's impossible to see more than five or six feet in front of your vehicle. If the SK pulled way over to the side of the shoulder in the fog, his/her vehicle would have been completly out of view from any cars that drove by.

As far as traffic in the evenings- yes it is much less than during the daytime hours (especially ever since the Oak Beach Inn closed its doors) however the fishermen, captains & crew who fish on the fleet of boats at Captree Boat Basin are coming and going at all hours of the night & day (some of the boats return from fishing trips after 2am while other boats are getting ready to leave as early as 4am).

You want to talk about taking risks and not caring; not sure if this was ever mentioned but there is a bar & grill on the beach within walking distance of where the bodies were dumped. They have live bands playing almost every night in the Summer; The Beach Hut at Cedar Beach

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&source=embed&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211763489460789851640.0004a14d8320ea16ccdd5

I see something between the body locations and Oak Beach....Sore Thumb. 4x4 access with a valid NYS 4x4 fishing permit. Even though you are supposed to have a permit (I have one) I see alot of people going on the beach with trucks and no permits or required equipment. At night, no problem to just turn off the parkway onto the trails and head down to the beach...You actually see some Oak Beach houses when driving in there. You can legally get really close to a few. If you look at the map its the trail heading south then it turns east toward the Oak Beach. Entrance to the trail is just West of the community.

Glad to be of help, cog! Our Mountain_Kat posted some great maps on one of the threads but I cannot recall which one. Perhaps when she checks in here she will repost them for us... wink, wink ;) hint hint, lol!

M_K's mapping skills are fascinating and were very helpful in giveing me a visual perspective of the area (since I''ve never been there, I get turned around too!, LOL).

I got wrapped up in looking at the photobucket archives after I posted the link.:innocent: Anyway, I was looking at an article dated 5-11-11, IIRC, and learned that "Peaches' had a c-section. I wonder if the baby's remains belong to Peaches? Peaches body was found in Manorville but she was missing her head, hands and legs below the knees.

Does anyone recall if one of the skulls found at Gilgo matched Peaches' remains from manorville? TIA, I was watching the Anthony trial farce during this time and may have missed info.

Labor Day is rapidly approaching. I hope we will hear more info on the unidentified remains once the busy tourist season has passed. fingers crossed.

MOO
wm

The holiday coming up has me wondering if any more girls are going to go missing? IIRC, a lot of them disappear around this type of holiday. Summer fun and beach parties is giving someone a bit more to pick from.

AMO

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&source=embed&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211763489460789851640.0004a14d8320ea16ccdd5

I see something between the body locations and Oak Beach....Sore Thumb. 4x4 access with a valid NYS 4x4 fishing permit. Even though you are supposed to have a permit (I have one) I see alot of people going on the beach with trucks and no permits or required equipment. At night, no problem to just turn off the parkway onto the trails and head down to the beach...You actually see some Oak Beach houses when driving in there. You can legally get really close to a few. If you look at the map its the trail heading south then it turns east toward the Oak Beach. Entrance to the trail is just West of the community.

Hello my friend. I thought of this too when I first started to follow this case. Then I learned that it was the other side of Oak Beach (East of the OBI parking lot) behind the gated community of Oak Beach Association where the events Took place and the potential suspects all reside.

Hello my friend. I thought of this too when I first started to follow this case. Then I learned that it was the other side of Oak Beach (East of the OBI parking lot) behind the gated community of Oak Beach Association where the events Took place and the potential suspects all reside.

Is there really that much different with both?

Do we know anything about this PA guy? The so called 'drifter'? I don't want to post the full name on here.

@Seaslug...Can you explain a bit? I have to take a ride down there this week and see the difference.

Do we know anything about this PA guy? The so called 'drifter'? I don't want to post the full name on here.

@Seaslug...Can you explain a bit? I have to take a ride down there this week and see the difference.

Pickle,

I'd be very interested in the name of the drifter. Was he mentioned in the news, or can you tell us how to find this info online? Or if you could just private message me the name, that would be great and I'll keep confidential.

Thanks!

can a sleuther who saw the infamous fb photo of the prosthetic leg tell me if it was his right leg?
.... I should probably be able to discern this from the limping walk video, but figured i would ask.

thanks

I would pay to see that pic by the way, can't believe i missed it

can a sleuther who saw the infamous fb photo of the prosthetic leg tell me if it was his right leg?
.... I should probably be able to discern this from the limping walk video, but figured i would ask.

thanks

I would pay to see that pic by the way, can't believe i missed it

Been a long time since I've seen the pic. Lessee...standing by flagpole...wearing red shorts...kid next to him... small red compact car in background. Geez, not sure I paid alot of attention to which leg it was. I want to say the left leg, but can't be certain. Sorry. It seems like the prosthetic leg was the closest leg in the pic, though...and he was turned to the left, so...???

Hi, I've been thinking about 'Irene' the hurricane, as they say she will hit LI with gusto. Evidently the last hurricane, 'Donna' I believe that was in that area didn't hit LI.

If there is anything buried there I hope it is exposed or unearthed. I also pray for everyone's safety and will have y'all in my thoughts come Sat.

xox

If it hits as hard as expected it will bring down trees and move a lot of things. It could expose shallow graves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem