NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I had on:
LIVE Chopper 12 over Oak Beach
(12/08/11) OAK BEACH - You are watching LIVE Chopper 12 footage over Oak Beach where police are continuing their search for missing New Jersey prostitute Shannan Gilbert.

Now it went to the Live News! Hmmmmm

This is what I had on:
(12/08/11) OAK BEACH - You are watching LIVE Chopper 12 footage over Oak Beach where police are continuing their search for missing New Jersey prostitute Shannan Gilbert.

Thank you for the info ItalinBella27. I hope you and all locals will keep us updated.

I cannot watch as I have too many 'irons in the fire' so to speak..... :/

wm

I think there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for why the police were only able to find her belongings during this latest search. The water in the marsh had finally receded enough so they were able to locate her things.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ach-Serial-Killer-Search-Marsh-135243498.html

So you're saying in the 1 1/2 SG has been missing, this is the first time the water has receded enough to search or this is the only tip they've received about a location? IDK, I guess it's possible, but I'm not sold just yet

And it is mere coincidence that finding Shannan happens right after mob busts for sex trafficking. Hmmm.

If police prove that SG died of accidental causes, I would need to completely rethink whether or not I believe the SK is from Oak Beach at all.

My first thought is that the SK killed Megan and Amber after Shannan went missing. Shannan was probably not even a blip on MSM radar at that point (June, September 2010), and the SK wouldn't have known that dumping fresh bodies anywhere near the Oak Beach area was a terrible idea.

Given the light population density, I would probably wonder if the SK was from the barrier island communities at all (Gilgo, OB, Tobay). Probably not. Its more likely that the SK is from the south shore of the mainland (Lindenhurst, Babylon, Islip area or Merrick/Bellmore/Wantagh/Seaford/Massapequa area, familiar with Ocean Parkway as a remote "out of town" location), which would make narrowing him down inordinately more difficult without more physical evidence.

Southern State parkway has traffic cameras all over the place. I assume LIE and Sagtikos Parkway also have these cameras. They seem high tech, like they can read license plates, but even if they can't, I assume they can ID the make and model of the car. I'm sure NYS police have access to these, and I wonder if these are ever used in criminal investigations.

It would seem to me that you should be able to pull images from the locations/dates that each of the girls went missing and ID the same make/model cars that were present in each. Get a list of all the registered owners on the south shore of Long Island. From there, you could splash that against criminal history database and see what comes back. My guess is that this person was picked up for something related (stalking, assault, domestic, etc.).

If SG died accidentally, the only way this crime gets solved is by the tech team IMO.

This is what I had on:

BBM..I hate the fact that they are referring to her as prostitute Shannan Gilbert. She's a person first and foremost. A person with a family who loves her and probably doesn't need to see her labeled as such. JMO

Btw, why didn't Shannan wait for the police to arrive when she asked the neighbor for help? what made her decide to run off again into the darkness and why didn't she bother to hide in the neighbor's house instead? i'm also curious why, if Shannan had been a victim of the LISK, he chose to dump her body in the marsh rather than his usual dumping ground?

I think this is a large clue and if she did fall victim of the SK well my theory is because he is in a position of power, police, or claims to be one?
She would then be afraid of the cop that was in the neighborhood and thought that is who will come now.
or
That Pak was coming to the house and did not think she would be safe with the elderly man?

I just don't understand how they can make any claims when they haven't yet found her body.

If they do find her and they end up saying that her death was accidental, they should release the 911 tape. Honestly, I don't trust them, and I'm far from a conspiracy-minded person (I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think they have their own agenda and bias that might affect how they deal with this.)

And none of this explains the weird phone calls from the doctor to the family.

So you're saying in the 1 1/2 SG has been missing, this is the first time the water has receded enough to search or this is the only tip they've received about a location? IDK, I guess it's possible, but I'm not sold just yet

I'm more of a lurker in this thread but regarding the water going down the police mention it in this video.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/cops-shannan-gilbert-in-there-someplace-1.3372379

A pipe installed by Suffolk County vector control helped drain the area where the pocketbook and other items were found. The pipe "drastically increased our visibility in there and assisted us in being able to find things," said Insp. Stuart Cameron, commanding officer of the Suffolk police special patrol bureau.

If the area is swamp or marsh...how on earth could Shannan float far from her clothes and become detached from her things when there is so much plant life there? I call BS.

If the area is swamp or marsh...how on earth could Shannan float far from her clothes and become detached from her things when there is so much plant life there? I call BS.

minazoe, I know how, I have a summer home on W Gilgo Beach, when Hurricane Irene went through in August, it breached through the underpass. You wouldn't believe the things that were washed up. Clothing, shoes, kids toys etc...I couldn't believe the items! I can totally understand. I have some pictures. I will ask one of my children if they can show me how to post them.

This really stinks. They are saying that after the use of sophisticated high tech equipment aided by the FBI, it took them a year and a half to think of taking a pipe to drain the wetlands? Unbelievable!

I just don't understand how they can make any claims when they haven't yet found her body.

If they do find her and they end up saying that her death was accidental, they should release the 911 tape. Honestly, I don't trust them, and I'm far from a conspiracy-minded person (I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think they have their own agenda and bias that might affect how they deal with this.)

And none of this explains the weird phone calls from the doctor to the family.

I have heard from someone who works in the media that the Suffolk Police are being guided by the FBI. They are being told what to put out there to smoke him out.

If police prove that SG died of accidental causes, I would need to completely rethink whether or not I believe the SK is from Oak Beach at all.

My first thought is that the SK killed Megan and Amber after Shannan went missing. Shannan was probably not even a blip on MSM radar at that point (June, September 2010), and the SK wouldn't have known that dumping fresh bodies anywhere near the Oak Beach area was a terrible idea.

Given the light population density, I would probably wonder if the SK was from the barrier island communities at all (Gilgo, OB, Tobay). Probably not. Its more likely that the SK is from the south shore of the mainland (Lindenhurst, Babylon, Islip area or Merrick/Bellmore/Wantagh/Seaford/Massapequa area, familiar with Ocean Parkway as a remote "out of town" location), which would make narrowing him down inordinately more difficult without more physical evidence.

Southern State parkway has traffic cameras all over the place. I assume LIE and Sagtikos Parkway also have these cameras. They seem high tech, like they can read license plates, but even if they can't, I assume they can ID the make and model of the car. I'm sure NYS police have access to these, and I wonder if these are ever used in criminal investigations.

It would seem to me that you should be able to pull images from the locations/dates that each of the girls went missing and ID the same make/model cars that were present in each. Get a list of all the registered owners on the south shore of Long Island. From there, you could splash that against criminal history database and see what comes back. My guess is that this person was picked up for something related (stalking, assault, domestic, etc.).

If SG died accidentally, the only way this crime gets solved is by the tech team IMO.

I've always doubted that the SK was from Oak Beach. Mostly because it seems too risky that a neighbor could recognize your vehicle pulled over on the side of the road.

This really stinks. They are saying that after the use of sophisticated high tech equipment aided by the FBI, it took them a year and a half to think of taking a pipe to drain the wetlands? Unbelievable!

I think it took unrelenting public pressure. The story would not die.

Thinking outside the box, has it ever crossed your mind there is no serial killer? Since the sex trafficking bust last week they sure are pushing the one killer theory now. What if there is only a sex trafficking ring that has been running through the strip clubs and the Holiday Inn Express in Hauppage for fifteen years or longer, aided by police corruption and Shannan and her family are too close to exposing all of it. What if the victims are women who got out of line and became a liability. What if Shannan was terrified because she didn't have the money she was supposed to bring back to Pak? Does this sound crazy? By now there should be someone that escaped the SK and come forward. The OB gang, as Fluke calls them sure are afraid of somebody.

If sg is not connected to the gilgo ten, it may be plausible to consider involvement of a sex trafficking ring. That angle should certainly be explored. However, i will bet the farm that a sk has everythinng to do with gilgo, manorville, ac and recently, yonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniah