NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked our local craigslit. We still have the "personals" section, copied below, this is where people here put "ads":

personals
strictly platonic
women seek women
women seeking men
men seeking women
men seeking men
misc romance
casual encounters
missed connections
rants and raves

I think every publication in the country, on line and hard copy, has a personals section. Some are more interesting and more reputable than others.

a freind of mine knows a guy who is a super freak out that way...has a very secret life...into bsdm, heavily...keeps outfits for his dates to wear...she thought he might be secretly filming.

she wonders if she should tell the cops...my feeling is there are a million of these guys...the filming thing piked my interest...and the clothes... but...I don't know...I wonder if they would care...????

there are other things she told me...could be interesting...what would u guys do????

When confronted with questions like this, I usually notify LE and let them decide what to do with it. They have a way of triaging calls so that it doesn't take a lot of their time if it seems unrelated. They know a lot more information than we do, and you never know what little tidbit of information from the public may make several other pieces of the puzzle fall into place. Good luck!!!

Hi Salem,

1. No suspect/s named. Person/s of interest? I don't know. Officially?
2. Addresses may be related to some mapping of the gated community.
3. Dormer stated yesterday that the doc is not a suspect. I believe at some other point in time, we may have read that the john was not a suspect.

I didn't think Dormer's response was absolutely positive the Dr is not a POI or suspect. I don't have time right now to pull up his exact words, but it left a question in my mind. xox

This is my first posting but I was a regular summer renter in the oak beach area for about five years so I do know the area fairly well. I will say I think although the bodies were discovered there it doesn't necessarily mean the SK lives there. Remember that two of the victims went missing from both the bronx and manhattan. This could mean that SG was either not a victim of the SK or was a victim purely by chance and the killer might have found her distressed and taken the opportunity to kill her. It is very possible that the killer is a summer renter who could live in the city or any of the suburbs close to the city but who is very familiar with the area and knows its desolate on that road at night and a good hiding place. Its especially notable that the women went missing during summer months which again makes me think this could be the work of a current or previous summer renter who may not live in the area full time at all.

Welcome to WS artlover!

Thank you for the information. As far as summer renter's go, how late in the year do they stay on for work. I do think some may stay a little later just to stay around too, but just wondering what the summer renter's months are if you know.

TIA!

Edited to change "worker's to renter's".

Hi and thank you for your welcome. Summer workers...are you think gardeners?

Soulmagnet, thank you for the information! Great Sleuthing! :)

Although of course there are some gardeners occasionally seen its not the manicured lawns or environment of the hamptons...granted the grass does need mowing occasionally but a lot of owners do it themselves...there is also a lot of tall grass and natural landscaping that is allowed to flourish in a wild state. Oak Beach houses tend to be more rugged and also more laid back and relaxed. Everyone knows each other and many are retired or grew up there and a lot of the summer renters are kids that were there in the summer as kids etc. Its really a family environment...even the "gated" side which is nothing more than a pole with a path that you can walk or bike around to go the gated side that has pavement for riding your bike. i suppose as long as the grass is growing there could be a gardener there from a town close by...we usually rented our house from the end of may through september...

And again remember that one victim was last seen sitting on a curb on underhill drive in the bronx...far away from oak beach and the other from Manhattan...still a cruise. The SK could live near the bronx and not even be in the area full time but know it from childhood summers spent there. Just a thought...

artlover, My line of thinking is the same. I am wondering how these girls would travel way out to OB from the City. Unless you know the "John" it's a trip. Maybe a couple would risk the trip but I can't see all these girls just going, They would need some kind of guarantee maybe the John sent his Driver

That skeleton sure looks bleached white. What could account for that, acid?

I thought about that too, but it could also be from sun, salt water breezes, and sand. I wish the ME there would give out some info.

And again remember that one victim was last seen sitting on a curb on underhill drive in the bronx...far away from oak beach and the other from Manhattan...still a cruise. The SK could live near the bronx and not even be in the area full time but know it from childhood summers spent there. Just a thought...

I am inclined to agree with you. He seems to feel comfortable with that part of Long Island, but I don't think he has more connection to it than that.

If this is the case, I don't see the SK just killing in the summer months. We probably should check NYC and the different burrows of more missing prostitutes. Maybe this guy has a few different dumping grounds.

I agree....or perhaps the "john" and the "driver" are one and the same...the john makes the contact and tells the victim he's sending a driver for her and the driver shows up to pick her up and says he's from the john...making the victim feel this is a high end call and so she gets into the car...and in the end the driver is the john as well as the sk and he kills her somewhere in between...or even at the side of the road in the dark of night on the parkway. The SK seems to enjoy the aspect of the game...especially in light of the phone calls to the sister...perhaps he does the same with the victims?

Well, my personal opinion is that since there is at this point no evidence to connect the missing Shannan to any murder, let alone the LI serial killer, that anything about what she was doing that night, where she went, and how the area is laid out should be in her thread.

For one thing, somebody who comes in wanting information about her isn't necessarily going to think to look here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122841&highlight=shannon+gilbert

I agree! I was going to post that last night but I thought maybe not.

But on the other hand LI SK could be a resident of the area Shanna was last seen. so it hard to mention the LI Sk with out thinking of Shannan.

There is a lot good stuff here that need to be post also over at Shannon thread like the Hudson report...:twocents:

a freind of mine knows a guy who is a super freak out that way...has a very secret life...into bsdm, heavily...keeps outfits for his dates to wear...she thought he might be secretly filming.

she wonders if she should tell the cops...my feeling is there are a million of these guys...the filming thing piked my interest...and the clothes... but...I don't know...I wonder if they would care...????

there are other things she told me...could be interesting...what would u guys do????

I'd open my big 'ol mouth and tell!

CNN is going to do a special report on it this weekend...at least I think thats what I heard....

what happened with the victims facebook pages...did any of them have a fb page?
I guess I could look...couldn't I?

I am obcessed with this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads