NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd that LE allowed the information about the drifter to be introduced and then we heard nothing more about it.

ITA Redbird, I'm still pondering the thought JB used the word 'drifter' in a light way. Not lying really, but may have meant - some guy who drifts in and out of my house, and not a homeless bum. Someone who is over often, a friend who is local . . . . .

Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat
BBM

I don't agree that a call to CVS would have required the kind of rational thinking you're suggesting. Speaking to someone at the pharmacy may have, but since this call lasted less than 1 minute, I doubt she did speak to anyone at CVS. At any rate, SG was rational enough to call 911 and ask for assistance, so I see nothing to suggest she would have been too irrational to call a pharmacy as well. JMO

And just to clarify...the last call logged on SG's phone was the 911 call. The call to CVS came before a series of calls to her driver and her call to 911.

Except it's drummed into all of us..need help..call 911. But thinking through I'm having a bad reaction , a pharmancy would know what to do, find a number in an area that you not familiar with and dial" I think that's alot for someone who was as strung out. This is somene who found "safety" at two homes and bolted. She just was not in her right mind, IMO.

Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat
BBM

I don't agree that a call to CVS would have required the kind of rational thinking you're suggesting. Speaking to someone at the pharmacy may have, but since this call lasted less than 1 minute, I doubt she did speak to anyone at CVS. At any rate, SG was rational enough to call 911 and ask for assistance, so I see nothing to suggest she would have been too irrational to call a pharmacy as well. JMO

And just to clarify...the last call logged on SG's phone was the 911 call. The call to CVS came before a series of calls to her driver and her call to 911.

Except it's drummed into all of us..need help..call 911. But thinking through I'm having a bad reaction , a pharmancy would know what to do, find a number in an area that you not familiar with and dial" I think that's alot for someone who was as strung out. This is somene who found "safety" at two homes and bolted. She just was not in her right mind, IMO.

If she thought the 'drifter' at JB's had a LE connection, she couldn't get away from him and he could even call 911 behind her back to nullify a reason for her call, it could put her in dire straits to where she over reacted.

And I have to catch myself, as LE has not stated they believe her disappearance is related to a SK in the area.

Hi, I think she made 3 calls totaling 23 min to 911. I think she was more panicky rather than hysterical. She knew she was unsafe.

I don't think the driver was her pimp - not sure, but he did go to the front door of JB's house, saw her sitting in a chair on the phone. Then she evidently ran out of the house past him running up the street to Gus' house and the driver followed her in his vehicle.

After she ran out from under the boat by Gus' she knocked on the door of a woman who also called 911 and Shannan ran away.

Then I think she met her fate and someone either grabbed her or pulled her into his car and she was never seen again.

I know she didn't go into the ocean or the bay because her body would have washed up eventually. She had to have been taken and I think it might be close to the woman's house. IMO

ETA: She was hiding behind that boat. She evidently already knew someone was looking for her and going to grab her. We think the driver is not on LE's radar, right? Since her fear originated at JB's house I think it might have been the 'drifter' who scared her so. Maybe whoever said he was a drifter {JB ?} was protecting someone who was there at his house and who is the opposite of a drifter. Hmmmmmm

Hi, Scandi. I think that she made a single call to 911 that lasted 23 minutes. The three phone calls during this period were to her driver, who was not her pimp. Apparently, no one was interfering with her calls.

Brewer left her in the house while he went out to get the driver, because he wanted her to leave. When they came back, Shannan was on the phone near the kitchen. (She is also reporting sitting in the livingroom.) A person who feels endangered inside a house would not remain in the house even after their own driver had arrived to bring her home.The driver eventually became exasperated by her behavior and left the house before she did.

Web sleuthers want to find clues that point to culprits, but in this case, Shannan's own history has to be taken into account. She wasn't just an average young woman; she was a woman who was bipolar and had problems with cocaine and prescription drugs. There are some reports that, like other people with bipolar disorder, she was often averse to taking her medication and it seems probable that, like many of those people, she medicated herself in improvised ways.

We have not heard the 911 call, but I don't think that there is a reliable information that she was really physically endangered in the house or being chased by someone with evil intentions shortly after she left the house. I do think that as some point, this exhausted, frazzled, disoriented young woman would realize that she needed a ride home and some predator in a car saw an attractive young woman in a low-cut top and tight jeans.

I have stumbled across a bondage/SM site that shows a picture of a girl called Marlena, who bears a resemblance to Shannan. This site shows pictures of their "dungeon" where they are "catering to Fetish and Fantasy roleplay, S&M, B&D CBT, Crossdressing and Medical themes. It claims to be Jasmine's dungeon and employees a large number of girls who advertise at $400 and up. It caught my eye because it is so scary, and because I think all five of the Long Island girls have used the name Jasmine at one time or another. It shows various rooms in "the dungeon" that can be used for various fetish themes. The rooms look high dollar. The place does not look fly-by-night, and the more I thought about it, the more I wondered if it might be something that connected all the girls, aside from Craig's list. It is something I think LE should definitely check out, if they haven't already and I sent an e-mail to the Find Shannan Gilbert website to try to make someone aware of it.

Ugh...that site sounds creepy. IIRC, Melissa stated on one of her ads that she was available for fetish and (I think) BDSM. That could be a connection. Did the site give the location for this place?

Ugh...that site sounds creepy. IIRC, Melissa stated on one of her ads that she was available for fetish and (I think) BDSM. That could be a connection. Did the site give the location for this place?

Those sites never give an address. I would think they have those burner phones and the caller has to go thru some kind of screening process.

Hi, Scandi. I think that she made a single call to 911 that lasted 23 minutes. The three phone calls were to her driver, who was not her pimp. Apparently, no one was interfering with her calls.

Brewer left her in the house while he went out to get the driver, because he wanted her to leave. When they came back, Shannan was on the phone near the kitchen. (She is also reporting sitting in the livingroom.) A person who feels endangered inside a house would not remain in the house even after their own driver had arrived to bring her home.The driver became exasperated by her behavior and left the house before she did.

Web sleuthers want to find clues that point to culprits, but in this case, Shannan's own history has to be taken into account. She wasn't just an average young woman; she was a woman who was bipolar and had problems with cocaine and prescription drugs. There are some reports that, like other people with bipolar disorder, she was often averse to taking her medication and it seems probable that, like many of those people, she medicated herself in improvised ways.

We have not heard the 911 call, but I don't think that there is a reliable information that she was really physically endangered in the house or being chased by someone with evil intentions shortly after she left the house. I do think that as some point, this exhausted, frazzled, disoriented young woman would realize that she needed a ride home and some predator in a car saw an attractive young woman in a low-cut top and tight jeans.

Hi Chanler
I really agree with your post. Also, her family did not hear the 911 call either. They are relaying information provided by LE. And I think becuase of that, there is room for error in the understanding of what was said. And I don't think, maybe I missed it, LE has gone public with the details of the call. It's all coming from SG's family.

I do think that as some point, this exhausted, frazzled, disoriented young woman would realize that she needed a ride home and some predator in a car saw an attractive young woman in a low-cut top and tight jeans.

Do we know for sure what she was wearing that night?

Thanks Dcgrumpy, The info I read at the first of the case has evidently been corrected. Oftentimes the first info out isn't always dependable even though it does stick in one's mind. lol

We know the driver was called back to the house after 3 hours, or 4am. She was on the phone then. Maybe she wasn't talking to 911 then and it was someone else.

Did Gus say she was on her phone? Could it be the whole 23 min call took place inside JB's house? It is hard to run while talking on a cellie, eh?

Do they give the time for that 23 min call? Thanks

Hi again, Scandi. The call was made at 4:51 a.m.

Do we know for sure what she was wearing that night?

Hi, Aleph, I think that was the description in one of the recent stories. I don't think that I'm confusing with one the serial killer victims. And, unless she changed, she was wearing the black boots that she put on in the car.

interesting. this from a BDSM site:
"A burlap sack is as effective a hood as anything else. It keeps Lilyanna blind and terrified so Sister Dee can torment her body AND mind. When Dee is satisfied she has screamed enough she discards the hood and slips on a ball gag. Lilyanna is an easy ........" burlap sisters?. there does seem to be a quite strong burlap/bdsm connection - dunno if this mentioned aleady.

Yup, this was what I was afraid of posting...incidentally, I have to stop reading this thread at 3 am, as it is starting to give me some very weird dreams...

Hi again, Scandi. The call was made at 4:51 a.m.

Thanks Chanler, Then that means the driver was wrong in saying he sat outside the gate for only 3 hours. Maybe he guestimated :waitasec:

ETA: Does almost 4 hours seem like a long time to turn a trick? Being casual here, hope it's OK

Hi Chanler
I really agree with your post. Also, her family did not hear the 911 call either. They are relaying information provided by LE. And I think becuase of that, there is room for error in the understanding of what was said. And I don't think, maybe I missed it, LE has gone public with the details of the call. It's all coming from SG's family.

Hi, Crimesnooper, thanks.I think that you are right about the room for error. As far I can gather, the story about whether the family heard or did not hear the 911 call is complicated. They told interviewers in one heart-breaking segment they had all heard it. Then, shortly thereafter, they said that they had not heard it directly, but had been told about it. There are several possibilities: They might have changed their account because the police asked them to not reveal that they had heard it. They might have heard only part of the interview. They might have seen a transcript or partial transcript.

I think that crime victim families are caught in continuing horrors that go beyond anything I have ever experienced. There is no conceivable preparation for what they are being called on to process, so it shouldn't surprise us that they are not always consistent about their statements.

Hi Reannan, Thanks for your thoughts. They prompted a few more questions in this direction :floorlaugh: All good though.

We know the driver said he sat in his vehicle outside the gate for about 3 hours, having dropped her off at 1pm. Right? The 3 hours conflicts with 5am which is when Shannan was running around the neighborhood. We have an unaccounted hour, from 4 to 5am.

Now, If after 3 hours thre driver gets a call from JB to come pick her up cause she won't leave, maybe the driver Mr P was actually inside the house for a bit of time and not just looking in the front door at her sitting in a chair and on the phone. Assuming there was another person present for her to say 'they', could it be the driver took side with this person and taunted her. She goes into the bathroom where she does some stuff and comes out ready for bear, to get out of that house and away from these guys who have scared her silly.

That taunting she could not control could have gone on for an amount of time out of that lost hour, maybe where she was being made to do things that were out of the norm for her and that she knew would put her in a precarious position safety wise.

I don't know, but do think we should try and narrow down the timeline from 4 to 5am. Maybe JB was the only one she trusted out of the 3 which is why she didn't want to leave his company and the drifter was getting weird with her. Then if the driver and the drifter saw eye to eye she realized the men were 2 against 1 and her best shot was to run away.

Please make any corrections to this time wise. This comes from info learned early in our discussions so I might have something wrong. xox

Oh, and IMO
lol

She was dropped of at 2:00 and the call was shortly before 5:00

Hi, Crimesnooper, thanks.I think that you are right about the room for error. As far I can gather, the story about whether the family heard or did not hear the 911 call is complicated. They told interviewers in one heart-breaking segment they had all heard it. Then, shortly thereafter, they said that they had not heard it directly, but had been told about it. There are several possibilities: They might have changed their account because the police asked them to not reveal that they had heard it. They might have heard only part of the interview. They might have seen a transcript or partial transcript.

I think that crime victim families are caught in continuing horrors that go beyond anything I have ever experienced. There is no conceivable preparation for what they are being called on to process, so it shouldn't surprise us that they are not always consistent about their statements.

So true Chanler. Also, Sherre did say the name of a Dr who Shannan had mentioned on her 911 call. I need to go find that link. I do remember it was about 27 min into the tape I listened to.

Hi Chanler

"Police say Gilbert even specifically named her attacker who was someone she knew."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/12/missing_jersey_city_woman_iden.html

"We all heard the last 911 call," said Gilbert's mother, Mari Gilbert. "[Shannan] was screaming the person's name [and saying], 'He is trying to kill me!' She was saying, 'Help me! Help me! Help me!' She was trying to escape. We know who it is."

http://www.my9tv.com/dpp/my9_news/suspected-long-island-serial-killer-'met-victims-on-craigslist'

So true Chanler. Also, Sherre did say the name of a Dr who Shannan had mentioned on her 911 call. I need to go find that link. I do remember it was about 27 min into the tape I listened to.

Where did you read that she mentioned the doctor on the 911 call?

The only phone call I've ever heard of concerning the doctor is the one that the sister supposedly received from someone claiming he was the doctor.

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Could the eighth body found be that of Stony Brook student Jimmy Tsui?

Kam Wai Tsui lives every day with the grief and the devastating uncertainty of what happened to her youngest son, Jimmy.

The 20-year-old Stony Brook student vanished without a trace in August of 1998.
"She has given up on it, she just wants to know if he's alive or not alive," a translator said for Tsui.

Now, investigative sources tell Eyewitness News they're examining a possible link between Tsui and so-called John Doe number eight. One of the skeletons uncovered this spring along ocean parkway.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8122129

Thanks Chanler, Then that means the driver was wrong in saying he sat outside the gate for only 3 hours. Maybe he guestimated :waitasec:

ETA: Does almost 4 hours seem like a long time to turn a trick? Being casual here, hope it's OK

Hi, Scandi, thanks, as always! As noted by dcgrumpy, the call started at 2 p.m.

I think that this goes to the root of why Brewer wanted her to leave. I think that the "date" was contracted for two hours. I think that, for whatever reason (being high? being unhappy with the obligatory "tip"?), Shannan did not want to leave. He actually left his own house with this intoxicated woman inside.

By the way, none of this account makes Brewer seem like the meticulous, savvy serial killer of Gilgo Beach.

It seems to me that SG ran from the driver (MP), not once, but twice. She ran from JB's home after MP showed up, and then she could have seen his SUV driving down in front of GC's home when she was hiding under the boat, but she ran again. There are apparently a lot of MP's in the various databases, but I did manage to find one who is from "Flushing, NY and Commack, NY", and has connections with "Kennesaw, GA", and some of the same relatives. There is also a "church" in Flushing, NY connected to an MP, who is a 'reverand' at this church. This church has advertised during the June-Aug 2010 time period for "Help in making phone calls to candidates and visit residences and invite them to vacation Bible school". This church is also listed as a "business" - which I would assume could give someone a good tax-exempt status. I hope LE has investigated the driver very well, and has spoken with other girls about how they connected and communicated with this MP guy. :twocents: It is also somewhat interesting to me that there is a "church" connection here since I am convinced the burlap means something more than a convenient disposal item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member