NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was posted already, but I came across a discussion and on April 20th, the posters talk about a rumor that was heard: that CPH's son was questioned, and maybe even taken into custody?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west-hempstead-ny/T03QTH4BS93BB90ES

There is a website called nationalblacklist . com and you have to pay to search and everything, but there is a preview list you can browse for free with names of johns and a preview of the reason why they are put on this blacklist...lots of charlies on that list! :innocent: j/k

I thought the Charlie they were talking about working at Hempstead Hospital was CPH's father and they were saying CPH, who had been in a bad car wreck, was now in custody. I didn't think they were talking about CPH's 20 year old son. Am I wrong about this?

I thought the Charlie they were talking about working at Hempstead Hospital was CPH's father and they were saying CPH, who had been in a bad car wreck, was now in custody. I didn't think they were talking about CPH's 20 year old son. Am I wrong about this?

you are not wrong, they were talking about senior and son (not 20 yr old)

I'm curious what the potential disposal site would have been if it washed up there?

MrsPC,

It might be very difficult to tell exactly where the disposal site could be. Could be anywhere from Sag Harbor to Montauk. I am sure the currents get pretty wicked in Napeague Bay whipping around the southern tip of Gardiner's Island.

This is getting more and more like a James Patterson novel. I think we have a very rich individual that is into snuff films and is sharing them with his network of equally rich (and demented) clients across the globe. Who knows, maybe this is how he became rich. Catering to rich and demented individuals.

since the Suffolk County Medical Examiner determined the victim was a victim of homicide...I'm assuming that area is in Suffolk County?

since the Suffolk County Medical Examiner determined the victim was a victim of homicide...I'm assuming that area is in Suffolk County?

Yes, MrsPC. This is Suffolk County out in the Hamptons on the north shore of the south fork.

East Hampton PD has control out their but they don't have much of a homicide squad. They called in SCPD Homicide to help out.

Gilgo Beach and Amagansett Beach appear to be about 80 - 90 miles apart. Sadly, I have been expecting a body to eventually turn up that is identified as Shannon's, and I have expected her body it would be a long ways from Gilgo Beach because that is where she was last seen. I would think that IF the SK is involved with SG's disappearance, he would have placed her body far away from his other victims because he would have known that LE was involved with the investigation and he may have come close to getting caught. I am really anxious to hear about the identity of this new body. It shouldn't take too long to at least determine the sex of the body.

Was reading about AC victim Kim Raffo and her husband Hugh A. having spent 5 weeks on Long Island (Jericho), so started rummaging for info on her. Hugh has a myspace and photo albums with numerous pics of Kim, the kids, etc. In the album called Family & Love:

http://www.myspace.com/hughevanausl...907#mssrc=SitesPhotos_SP_AlbumCover_ViewAlbum

Pic #28 of 51, Hugh is wearing a NYPD t-shirt. Prolly nothing, but found it interesting wrt a possible LE connection:

http://www.myspace.com/hughevanauslander/photos/21946644#{"ImageId":21946644}

Sillybilly: After 9/11 many street vendors in Manhattan sold NYPD & NYFD tee shirts like that to honor their bravery. Those shirts are all over the place here in NY.
Thanks for the myspace pics, very interesting!

Gilgo Beach and Amagansett Beach appear to be about 80 - 90 miles apart. Sadly, I have been expecting a body to eventually turn up that is identified as Shannon's, and I have expected her body it would be a long ways from Gilgo Beach because that is where she was last seen. I would think that IF the SK is involved with SG's disappearance, he would have placed her body far away from his other victims because he would have known that LE was involved with the investigation and he may have come close to getting caught. I am really anxious to hear about the identity of this new body. It shouldn't take too long to at least determine the sex of the body.

As soon as I read the article earlier my first thought was Shannon. Of course that is obviously because of the way I have been following the case. I kinda never expected Shannon to be found close to the other 4. I still struggle with Shannon and the other 4 being connected at times though too. Hard to get a grasp on many things about this case.

Question I am wondering is this, If it is her does that change things ans definitley seperate her from the other 4 having the body wash up?

goathairjones:
I know that area very well! I used to take my children there when we lived in Montauk.
There is a pond attached to a stream, sort of like a lazy river ride at an amusement park. They have a picnic area with bar-b-ques and public restrooms. Beautiful place, but very desolate.
When you mentioned snuff films, I thought about when I read the book, "The Ultimate Evil," by Maury Terry. It was about the Son of Sam murders. Terry was an investigative journalist for the Lohud newspapers here in Westchester.

As soon as I read the article earlier my first thought was Shannon. Of course that is obviously because of the way I have been following the case. I kinda never expected Shannon to be found close to the other 4. I still struggle with Shannon and the other 4 being connected at times though too. Hard to get a grasp on many things about this case.

Question I am wondering is this, If it is her does that change things ans definitley seperate her from the other 4 having the body wash up?

(BBM) I don't think it would change anything! I do not find it odd or unusual at all for a serial killer to change up his MO. One of the things that has perplexed me about this case is LE's statement - in fact insistance - that here is more than one SK between Manorville and Oak Beach. I just don't see that! We have bodies buried in a 'ritualistic manner', i.e. without clothing and in burlap bags, spaced about 500 feet apart in Oak Beach. Close by, we find the skulls of victims whose bodies were found in Manorville. Even though these things do not make sense to me, I can see some sort of strange symmetry in the mind of a twisted individual who visualizes himself to be some sort of artist. :twocents:

(BBM) I don't think it would change anything! I do not find it odd or unusual at all for a serial killer to change up his MO. One of the things that has perplexed me about this case is LE's statement - in fact insistance - that here is more than one SK between Manorville and Oak Beach. I just don't see that! We have bodies buried in a 'ritualistic manner', i.e. without clothing and in burlap bags, spaced about 500 feet apart in Oak Beach. Close by, we find the skulls of victims whose bodies were found in Manorville. Even though these things do not make sense to me, I can see some sort of strange symmetry in the mind of a twisted individual who visualizes himself to be some sort of artist. :twocents:

I understand what you are saying and at the same time I don't. I say that with all the respect in the world as well. I don't think it necessarily has to be two but, some things make me believe so. Dismemberment vs. Laid to rest naked in Burlap. Just seem oddly different to me. The fact that they were all working girls too much of a coincidence for me. So then I get lost all over again...lol

Me personally I don't believe the young asian man and toddler have anthing to do with these girls.

Isn't there also another 2 bodies never Id'd from Nassau Searches?

I'm curious what the potential disposal site would have been if it washed up there?

So at first I was assuming this was on the South Shore (a Ocean Beach). Now I see that it is actually in the Bay in between the North and South Fork.

Could a body from Gilgo get to a Bay beach between the forks like this one?

Something else I will throw out there because of the dismembered part. Could a body thrown in Flanders Bay (10 miles from Manorville) get to the shore of this beach in Amagansett?

To me, what makes SG's situation different, is that the police were called. SO anything to do with her demise is going to be different..ie where she is found, method of disposal, more effort to conceal her indentity(like no head. Her steal plate in her jaw is so easy to identify.)
If it turns out to be SG it would not have taken that long for the SK to leave the OB area by boat and
dispose of a body in thar area.

So at first I was assuming this was on the South Shore (a Ocean Beach). Now I see that it is actually in the Bay in between the North and South Fork.

Could a body from Gilgo get to a Bay beach between the forks like this one?

Something else I will throw out there because of the dismembered part. Could a body thrown in Flanders Bay (10 miles from Manorville) get to the shore of this beach in Amagansett?

I have extensive knowledge of tides and currents around the Island. A body from Gilgo would not end up in between the forks out East.

A body tossed in the water in Flanders bay could drift to the location where this body was found. However, Flanders (as well as Little Peconic) bay is on the shallow side and is heavily travelled.

My best guess would be that this body was tossed overboard from a boat, not the shore. It could have come from as far away as Rhode Island or Mass and with the last storm and strong Easterly winds, it washed up on this beach. More likely, the body was disposed of in the waters East of Montauk near Block Island Sound. In that area there would have been a fifty-fifty chance that it could have been carried out to sea instead of washing up on NY soil.

Once again, this points towards a fisherman or someone with ties to the fishing community.

I have extensive knowledge of tides and currents around the Island. A body from Gilgo would not end up in between the forks out East.

A body tossed in the water in Flanders bay could drift to the location where this body was found. However, Flanders (as well as Little Peconic) bay is on the shallow side and is heavily travelled.

My best guess would be that this body was tossed overboard from a boat, not the shore. It could have come from as far away as Rhode Island or Mass and with the last storm and strong Easterly winds, it washed up on this beach. More likely, the body was disposed of in the waters East of Montauk near Block Island Sound. In that area there would have been a fifty-fifty chance that it could have been carried out to sea instead of washing up on NY soil.

Once again, this points towards a fisherman or someone with ties to the fishing community.

Seaslug: Why would a fisherman have to go out to the Point to toss a body over? Why not go a little further out to the Continental Shelf to insure that body doesn't come in? How far out is the Gulf Stream?
There are so many places one could toss a body overboard out in the East End....the list is endless. If our SK is a fisherman, and Gardiners is empty, which I believe it is, why not dump her there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3