NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time in a few years I had the opportunity to drive down Ocean parkway this evening (had a company outing at The Sands in Lido Beach). I made some very interesting observations.

For starters, I instantly discovered the obvious reasons why so many of the bodies were dumped along the Westbound side of the highway between Cedar anfd Gilgo beaches. Now that the Summer foliage has grown in, it's easy to see while driving from West to East that I could not see the Westbound side of the highway at all!! That's not the case along most of the rest of the highway from Jones to Captree. In that one area near Cedar/Gilgo, the SK would only have to worry about cars approaching on the same side of the highway. He was totally hidden from any cars approaching from the opposite way! Also, it occurred to me that in the early hours of the morning, the only real traffic would be heading West towards Captree boat basin.

I also drove up to the gate at Oak Beach Association and did a little driving test. I drove to the CVS on Montauk highway. It took me only 5 minutes, 32 seconds by driving no faster th an 72 mph on the causeway and 40 mph on Montauk hwy. I stopped and went in the CVS store to look around and see if a nothing jumped out at me. Of course, the pharmacy. And of course, the condoms. But one thing that did pop out th at I don't think was ever mentioned here was right near the condoms they sell KY Jelly and other brands of personal lubricants. Without getting too detailed, I do recall reading on the UG website about certain sexual acts (one they nicknamed Greek that are considered "extras". The act requires lubricant. Sorry if I painted an ugly image in your mind. It's just that it would make sense that lube may not be something any of the parties involved would have on them readily. Anyway, I bought a pack of gum, got imy car and timed my trip back to the causeway. Roundtrip from OB to CVS would indeed be only 15 minutes if the person just went in to purchase a quick item off of the shelf (or pick up a prescription).

Just saying...

Ok the below is confusing. Maybe I just can't count but I thought only 5 were identified? Or does it mean that 8 people have been identified and two are still UID? Or does this Journalism Minor need to teach the reporter how to write clearly?

"Ecker says homicide detectives have been contacted about Sunday's discovery. There is no evidence it is linked to the others.

In that case, six women, one man and one toddler have been identified. Two sets of remains have yet to be identified."

http://online.wsj.com/article/APc0d8c2086e2d475f957433676b151232.html

ETA or does it mean the GENDERS are still UID not the actual identities??? My head hurts.

I don't believe for a minute that the SK dumped SG's body in the water. He could have just as easily went over the second Captree bridge and dumped it in the bramble along Robert Moses State Park.

Maybe I missed something but I don't think I did...
I was wondering why that direction/area was never searched?

I don't believe for a minute that the SK dumped SG's body in the water. He could have just as easily went over the second Captree bridge and dumped it in the bramble along Robert Moses State Park.

Funny you should say that, Marye, because every time I work on my map, I am drawn to that exact same area. :waitasec:

Funny you should say that, Marye, because every time I work on my map, I am drawn to that exact same area. :waitasec:

Because the park closes at dusk and the only vehicles permitted to cross over the third Robert Moses bridge to Fire Island during the Spring/Summer/Fall months are fisherman with 4x4 beach permits. During the winter the Fire Island residents are permitted to cross the bridge and drive to their homes if they possess the vehicle permit. Our SK would not have access to the island without one of those permits. the NYS Parks Police set up a baracade at the foot of the bridge to check permits (or sometimes they wait in the traffic circle on the other side).

We won't hear anything much until Labor Day.

Suffolk County doesn't want to miss out on all those tourist $$$$$$$$$$$.

I stopped and went in the CVS store to look around and see if a nothing jumped out at me. Of course, the pharmacy. And of course, the condoms. But one thing that did pop out th at I don't think was ever mentioned here was right near the condoms they sell KY Jelly and other brands of personal lubricants. Without getting too detailed, I do recall reading on the UG website about certain sexual acts (one they nicknamed Greek that are considered "extras". The act requires lubricant. Sorry if I painted an ugly image in your mind. It's just that it would make sense that lube may not be something any of the parties involved would have on them readily. Anyway, I bought a pack of gum, got imy car and timed my trip back to the causeway. Roundtrip from OB to CVS would indeed be only 15 minutes if the person just went in to purchase a quick item off of the shelf (or pick up a prescription).

Just saying...

Please excuse the clip...

Thank you for all the excellent info, Seaslug. Wow!! I just figured (incorrectly) that the CVS would be farther.....and that they didn't go. It sounds like that is very well where they could have gone. I hope LE has interviewed the night employees well.

We won't hear anything much until Labor Day.

Suffolk County doesn't want to miss out on all those tourist $$$$$$$$$$$.

It's starting to look that way. I can understand keeping the investigation under tight wraps to eliminate all the idiots calling in their neighbors that they hate, but this is total silence and there are 5 unidentified victims and 1 missing person. Surely the public would be a valuable resource. I don't know how many unsolved mysteries or America's most Wanted I watched where the crime was solved thanks to the public.

Wikipedia says that America's Mosts Wanted has resulted in 1151 captures and has aired 1140 episodes. Thats more than 1 person per episode.

The other thing that annoys me is that I've been watching a lot of crime shows and it seems like it is fairly common for the Police to dismiss the family of a missing person. I am pretty sure I remember reading that this happened with Melissa B's family. Makes you wonder how many puzzle pieces are missing from mishandling of info. Hell this sick f*ck might have a completely different place he operates in during the colder months and the dumping ground could be even more hidden and remote than Oak Park is, which took 11 years to discover.

Please excuse the clip...

Thank you for all the excellent info, Seaslug. Wow!! I just figured (incorrectly) that the CVS would be farther.....and that they didn't go. It sounds like that is very well where they could have gone. I hope LE has interviewed the night employees well.

But I thought the the police said that they didn't leave OB. they could easily check that from the security tapes.

But I thought the the police said that they didn't leave OB. they could easily check that from the security tapes.

Hey DC.....I don't remember that. Do you know where the info came from? The driver? I do remember people speculating that they went on a drug run (or something) in Oak Beach.

Hey DC.....I don't remember that. Do you know where the info came from? The driver? I do remember people speculating that they went on a drug run (or something) in Oak Beach.

From what I remember it came from a police source. i'll see if I can find it

And then we will probably hear about another girl gone.

I have my doubts about that....

I think they know who the killer is & they know he's scared straight right now.

Regarding their not leaving Oak Beach: How could police sources know this for sure? I wondered that when I first read it. Who is the "source familiar with the probe?" Were the surveillance cameras working? Were they not missing after all? Was someone watching the gate for three hours? Was that a comment made to protect people outside Oak Beach? What could you do for 15 minutes, not leaving Oak Beach? Does this mean they were visiting a neighbor? To me this sort of mystery journalism is unacceptable. And no one questions this sort of comment. We end up knowing nothing.

Regarding their not leaving Oak Beach: How could police sources know this for sure? I wondered that when I first read it. Who is the "source familiar with the probe?" Were the surveillance cameras working? Were they not missing after all? Was someone watching the gate for three hours? Was that a comment made to protect people outside Oak Beach? What could you do for 15 minutes, not leaving Oak Beach? Does this mean they were visiting a neighbor? To me this sort of mystery journalism is unacceptable. And no one questions this sort of comment. We end up knowing nothing.

AFAIK Police have never said the tapes were missing. That info came from findshannangilbert.com

the video is stored on a hard drive. So I'm not sure what "tapes" they're talking about http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Although police are keeping hush hush about what was videotaped the night Gilbert went missing a year ago, there are four security cameras attached to a building outside the Oak Beach private community where authorities say she was last seen running and screaming for help.

Although the videotapes are taped over every 24 hours, the videos are also stored on a hard drive.

I have my doubts about that....

I think they know who the killer is & they know he's scared straight right now.

I agree, here is why:

I belive it is plausible that police aready know who the killer is.
WHY? because 1 month and 2 days ago they went out an proclaimed that a "record-high reward" would be offered in this case.

However absolutely NOTHING have been heard about this reward since.
Is this because they already have their man? just are building a case against him?

Here is a link to the newsreport that annonced the "record-high reward":

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/crime-stoppers-to-increase-gilgo-reward-1.2832645

Crime Stoppers to increase Gilgo reward
Published: April 22, 2011 9:57 PM
By ANDREW STRICKLER

A record-high reward is being raised to help prompt someone to give police information leading them to the Gilgo Beach serial killer.

I agree, here is why:

I belive it is plausible that police aready know who the killer is.
WHY? because 1 month and 2 days ago they went out an proclaimed that a "record-high reward" would be offered in this case.

However absolutely NOTHING have been heard about this reward since.
Is this because they already have their man? just are building a case against him?

Here is a link to the newsreport that annonced the "record-high reward":

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/crime-stoppers-to-increase-gilgo-reward-1.2832645

Crime Stoppers to increase Gilgo reward
Published: April 22, 2011 9:57 PM
By ANDREW STRICKLER

A record-high reward is being raised to help prompt someone to give police information leading them to the Gilgo Beach serial killer.

I'm pretty sure that Crimestoppers isn't part of the police department. It's a private organization. I thought that they announced that it would be $10,000 instead of the usual $5,000. But I may be mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18