NY-LI-4 bodies on Beach-Possible SK-12/10-All id'd,4 more found 3/11 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is desolate, but a very beautiful place, especially in the summer. Fresh ocean breezes, lots of sun and sparkling white sand. It is very well kept -- some of the best beaches in the US if not the world.

*Snipped by me*

I couldn't agree with you more, Penelope. Every time we pass over the little Causeway into Robert Moses State Park/FINS, I sigh and say "We live in the most beautiful place in the world". Every time. :heartluv:

from http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ch-for-bodies-off-l-i-in-serial-killer-probe/

*snip*

I just realized that there is a video of Dr. PH on here where the news reporters interviews him

A Nassau County medical examiner’s office confirmed the remains found this week are human, bringing the total to 10 sets found along Ocean Parkway in recent months.
“It’s really shocking that it happened here,” said Vanessa Perez of Valley Stream.
“I think this is an area that the killer feels very safe in and there’s no reason to believe that it’s not the same killer. There are some subtle differences. The first four were covered in burlap, the last four were not, but that doesn’t mean they’re different people,” said Lawrence Kobilinsky of John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
As police try to figure out if they are dealing with one or more killers, they also want to know who called the teen sister of Bronx victim Melissa Barthelemy not long after she disappeared.
“I just know he’s a sick individual and needs to be caught as soon as possible. We’re afraid because he’s still out there,” said Lynn Barthelemy, Melissa’s mother.

I missed that post... But just watched live report from Hemlock Cove and the divers will be in the water within the next hour searching for remains... Showed tape from yesterday of the divers setting up grids where they would be searching today. Reporter said that the LE had divers in the water several months ago??

I can't help but think they have a very good reason to search a specific area underwater -- it's nearly impossible to search the whole northern shore line of that area... Tides, wind, etc. ?

I hope Trigger doesn't mind me bumping up this post. Anyone know if this the same area of todays search? Thanks!

Yes that was my sister...She drives a red Dodge Ram 1500. The one she saw was the same but it was white, without the cap. It was on Bay Parkway which is at Field 10 at Jones Beach. There are 4 fishing piers and a building where county workers parked their construction trucks . LE also uses the building.

Bay Parkway is very secluded. It runs east to west about about 2 miles. It is just north of Ocean Parkway by the tower between wantagh pkway and the meadowbrook pkway.

She said she had tried several times but the line was busy, then when she got through the person taking the info was confused as to why SHE WAS EVEN CALLING.

Maybe some of the women living in that community will start questioning (in their minds) the men they live with, and will find something.

I've been watching that interview of the Dr and observing his body language. He is blocking the doorway like he is afraid the reporter will try and go inside. He also averts his eyes down and to the left a few times while he is speaking. Isn't it a sign of deception when someone averts their eyes down and to the left? I can't recall.

Something about him seems, well, off! He is also smirking during the interview.

My opinions.

wm

Hmmm...Dr. Peter HACKETT

Former head of EMS
Former POLICE SURGEON
What is his job now? Retired?

His words: "Horrible, mean, beyond my beliefs, can't imagine it happening"

At 1:34...Behind the front door: Photo of female....

I haven't read the last say 2 pages of this thread yet.

Here's what I was thinking a couple of days ago:

Why wouldn't the killer dispose of the remains in water, rather than on land? The water being either a) the ocean or b) lakes or ponds or c) both.

If only on land, then this person thought the remains would show up in the water more easily?

Now yesterday, I read that divers are going into the lakes or ponds, it seems LE thinks that the killer did both--land and water.

Why not the ocean?

Also, I wonder if the killer had a fisherman or maintenance shed or shack where he kept the victims or bodies or both.

Here's yet another thought:

Did this killer obtain SG's mother's number by demanding it from SG while she was still alive? Remember cases where the victim was forced to write a letter to the family saying all was well and not to worry?

Very good questions and I have wondered that too. The things that come to my mind are if he is a clammer or a surfer and loves the water (as many of us do who live near it) it might be sacrosanct and "polluting" it would be against his beliefs. The other explanation may be that he wan't to be able to drive by them often, to relive his evil.

Hey, where did our poster's sister see that truck? Wasn't it near some docks?

No sleep and major lack of caffeine going on here, Suzi, but I seem to recall that our member's sister saw the truck near the Jones Beach docks.

Unless, for whatever reason, I knew police would either not respond or take quite a bit of time in responding....I think the SK for some reason was never concerned with police arriving or tracing the call at all...There does not seem to be any panic or stress in the statement, almost as though he knew he had some time to find SG before the police arrived.

Respectfully and extensively clipped by me

Sometimes there is funny business going on at certain addresses/neighborhoods and the police don't want to get involved. My mother lives near a very expensive mansion that is a known to house drug runners -- the cops told my mom this. If she called about something going on there, I have no doubt they would take their time coming out. See no evil, hear no evil, etc.

I suspect that this wealthy neighborhood is known by LE to be a place where drugs are trafficked or there is a sex ring, or something. Maybe several of our main characters are involved. That doesn't mean they are all serial killers -- I doubt that! -- but that they're all looking out for themselves and are nervous that some of their less-than-legal activities will come to light. This, I think, accounts for some of why this is such a confusing case.

MOO

Hello everyone. I just joined this site but have been reading your posts. You are all so smart and such interesting insights. So much so, I don't bother watching NG for infor. Too much incorrect info and big drama.
A couple of thoughts. The man who called the sister of one of the victims..I wonder how he knew she was a sister. When I "save" names in my cell, I don't bother putting in last names, especially of family members.
Re police and info. I covered a crime beat for several Police departments for a newspaper for years and found that they are so media savy now, that they are overly cautious about releasing info because statements made can effect the court process. I believe any information released is very strategic.
I also think Pat Brown is very smart and she is right when she says this killer lives close by.
Re Shannan. I think she was on some type of drug or mental health episode becuase if she was thinking rationally she would never have left GC's house. But I do beleive her fear was real and warranted.
Also as a former "516" gal who surfed in the area many many moons ago, it it so sad that such beautiful nature is the home of such evil.

Thanks for responding, that's sort of what I was thinking as well. Something has/is going on in that community that either the police know the people have many parties or whatever and often won't even go behind the gates to check things out. And I think the SK knew this as well. Knowing he had time to find SG and get rid of her. Adds to the confusion and mystery behind this all, but something has been going on in that community for a while I suspect.

Also, it's surreal that we are approaching nearly a year since SG went missing

Respectfully and extensively clipped by me

Sometimes there is funny business going on at certain addresses/neighborhoods and the police don't want to get involved. My mother lives near a very expensive mansion that is a known to house drug runners -- the cops told my mom this. If she called about something going on there, I have no doubt they would take their time coming out. See no evil, hear no evil, etc.

I suspect that this wealthy neighborhood is known by LE to be a place where drugs are trafficked or there is a sex ring, or something. Maybe several of our main characters are involved. That doesn't mean they are all serial killers -- I doubt that! -- but that they're all looking out for themselves and are nervous that some of their less-than-legal activities will come to light. This, I think, accounts for some of why this is such a confusing case.

MOO

Great point, and in the Town of Babylon JB's family (parents) were well known, investment / rental properties, wealthy, etc.

The skull and torso found on a desolate New York beach were too old to be connected to the serial killings of four Craigslist call girls, and could belong to victims of notorious Long Island butcher Joel Rifkin, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

"These [remains] are so old that roots were growing around the vertebrae and the skull," a source said.

"These could be one or two of Joel Rifkin's victims who were never found," or the work of another killer, the source added.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...ong-to-victims-of-joel-rifkin-25-ncx-20110413

Can someone who has the information do a map and pinpoint the location of the Dr. JB, in relation to the CB CA is? I'm interested in JS also!

I just woke up, so my brain isn't functioning yet but I want to add my first thoughts of the morning on this.

Is it possible that the SK lives in this neighborhood, is aware of the "Party's" and if he is a religious sort, would know all who comes and goes. What if the reason SG freaked out and thought she was in danger was because she was drugged....I don't know what drug causes one to become very paranoid but perhaps these party people was afraid and tried to locate her to take her to the doctor to sober her up so to speak. Maybe she died, and they are all covering up this. What if SG is not related to the SK at all. Or as the Dr. said she left the next morning and the SK since he lives in the area saw her and captured her.

Who in that neighborhood has a profession that is trained to have a keen eye for detail, would be up on the history of the area, is widowed or divorced, and would be able to blend in as the one profile stated. Only one person comes to my mind that matches all of those and that is JS.

Hello everyone. I just joined this site but have been reading your posts. You are all so smart and such interesting insights. So much so, I don't bother watching NG for infor. Too much incorrect info and big drama.
A couple of thoughts. The man who called the sister of one of the victims..I wonder how he knew she was a sister. When I "save" names in my cell, I don't bother putting in last names, especially of family members.
Re police and info. I covered a crime beat for several Police departments for a newspaper for years and found that they are so media savy now, that they are overly cautious about releasing info because statements made can effect the court process. I believe any information released is very strategic.
I also think Pat Brown is very smart and she is right when she says this killer lives close by.
Re Shannan. I think she was on some type of drug or mental health episode becuase if she was thinking rationally she would never have left GC's house. But I do beleive her fear was real and warranted.
Also as a former "516" gal who surfed in the area many many moons ago, it it so sad that such beautiful nature is the home of such evil.

I just joined a few days ago, too. So we're newbies together. I'm a newspaper guy, too. That is an excellent point about the last name of the sister. I never enter last names.

The phones are a big clue in this whole case. There were lots of phone calls made. The john called the driver. SG called 911. The neighbor called 911. The killer called a past victim's family. The killer called SG's mom pretending to be a doctor...I guess. The killer called to set up all of the appointments. The boyfriend called the driver. If SG was on a 911 call that ended abruptly, what became of her phone? How did the john have the driver's number? How did the boyfriend have the driver's number? How did the killer have the family members' numbers?

Crimesnooper, Great first post!:rocker:

Welcome to WS! :)

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads