DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets say Shannen is stuck in the mud by the road,

the sun is coming up , she can see headlights, she can hear for a distance,

people would hear her.

unless she fell on her face into the water and could not extract herself...it's just so bizarre though,

so where are the pants? where is the COD report? is the case a priority or are they going to let it go cold?

I am mostly a lurker on this site, but I have to put my 2 cents in. JMHO, based on instinct and intuition, there is no way Shannan just fell down and drowned after taking off her pants, dropping her cell and purse a half mile away. This just defies all credibility. MOO

I am mostly a lurker on this site, but I have to put my 2 cents in. JMHO, based on instinct and intuition, there is no way Shannan just fell down and drowned after taking off her pants, dropping her cell and purse a half mile away. This just defies all credibility. MOO

What if the police told you that after record rain falls, record snow falls and a hurricane, her body, clothes and belongings were swept around in the water for a year and a half before coming to rest at the locations where they were found?

What if the police told you that after record rain falls, record snow falls and a hurricane, her body, clothes and belongings were swept around in the water for a year and a half before coming to rest at the locations where they were found?

all in the same spot?
nah

all in the same spot?
nah

That's why I think it's so suspicious. Also, was her skeleton intact or strewn around by animals? If the former, all the more suspicious. And, if her things and her corpse were so close by, why did it take 19 months to find them? Someone suggested that her jeans came off because she got knee deep in the muck, wouldn't the jeans have been partially buried then? Or would the elements have washed them clean and kept them together with the phone and purse? How weathered were the jeans, phone and purse? I know these are questions only the police know and they are unlikely to release the information. Until and unless they do, I lean more to the side of foul play of some kind.

And although that is a possibility, it does not explain why a search & rescue dog did not find her belongings... which were so very near the other roadways and the homes where she was last seen running.

And although that is a possibility, it does not explain why a search & rescue dog did not find her belongings... which were so very near the other roadways and the homes where she was last seen running.

Because everything was underwater until they drained the area. No way anything stayed in one spot under water. And even with the water drained, they still were digging in the drainage ditches to find some of her belongings.

I am a constant lurker on this. I feel funny to put my 2 cents in. I just don't understand how her belongings could be grouped together in one spot. If she was running the belongings wouldn't have been dumped together/pants "lost" off her body...all in one concentrated place!! From what I see...how could she make it as far as her remains were found with bare feet!! I don't see the logic of thinking she went there to that community to do a risky thing...ends up dead...LE and others just want to say...oh...it must be an accidental drowning. I just don't get it. Seems like total disregard for her as a person. This girl had to be murdered by someone...IMO accidental death under the circumstances defies all logic..whether she was murdered by the serial killer or not, I can't believe her death was accidental. JMO.....sorry to interject.

The drowning theory doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but neither does her being killed by the LISK.

For the sake of argument, however, IF she was trying to get through the marsh and was having difficulty, it might makes sense to drop any and all unneeded weight, such as her purse, etc. Her pants would have been wet, which probably would have restricted mobility significantly.

I can believe that she may have been so scared that she ran into the marshy area figuring that her chances in there were better than whatever freaked her out. If she was in a manic or psychotic state, she may not have been thinking rationally.

As for the LISK getting her, there were too many people present, he wouldn't have planned it that way IMO. If I'm right, than he would have to have bumped into her by chance, which is very unlikely.

Well, I'm confused. Goodnight all.

That's why I think it's so suspicious. Also, was her skeleton intact or strewn around by animals? If the former, all the more suspicious. And, if her things and her corpse were so close by, why did it take 19 months to find them? Someone suggested that her jeans came off because she got knee deep in the muck, wouldn't the jeans have been partially buried then? Or would the elements have washed them clean and kept them together with the phone and purse? How weathered were the jeans, phone and purse? I know these are questions only the police know and they are unlikely to release the information. Until and unless they do, I lean more to the side of foul play of some kind.

BINGO Mimimak. That photo of officers looking down over the skeleton showed it intact enough to make out it was the skeleton of a person IMO. If it had been there all those months it would have never have looked like it did.

Did they say that all of the items were together or just near each other? And about the jeans did they say they were the jeans she was wearing or just her jeans? I've always wondered if she had extra jeans in her bag.

Did they say that all of the items were together or just near each other? And about the jeans did they say they were the jeans she was wearing or just her jeans? I've always wondered if she had extra jeans in her bag.

IIRC, Dormer stated that she must have removed her jeans upon getting stuck in the wetlands. Also, the photo of the remains didn't appear to show jeans, IMO.

BTW, I am posting this video of the rescue of the man stuck on a reed island for 3 days. I am hoping some of our LI locals can give us a comparison of the NM wetlands vs. LI where SG's remains were found. It doesn't appear the man had shucked his britches. I would appreciate your opinions.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/wanted...nde?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

wm

IIRC, Dormer stated that she must have removed her jeans upon getting stuck in the wetlands. Also, the photo of the remains didn't appear to show jeans, IMO.

BTW, I am posting this video of the rescue of the man stuck on a reed island for 3 days. I am hoping some of our LI locals can give us a comparison of the NM wetlands vs. LI where SG's remains were found. It doesn't appear the man had shucked his britches. I would appreciate your opinions.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/wanted...nde?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

wm

The Rio Grande is about 1 foot deep in most places in the Albuquerque region. The water temperatures are high. There was no danger of hypothermia in this case, and little danger of drowning. You would call this a mud flat, not a saltwater marsh. If you saw the image I posted the other day, that was of Jones Beach and Oak Beach, right down Ocean Parkway, would look very similar. Oak Beach was swamped in April of 2010 from March flooding, which scientists said had nowhere to go and had taken the water table to record levels. Now add high tides and I think the police guess of 2-3 feet of water is generous.

Police said there was about 2-3 feet of water. Under that water is about 1 foot of muck. So you're talking about being in 3-4 feet of 48 degree water.

The biggest difference between the article cited and Shannan's case is that hypothermia is a major factor.

The Rio Grande is about 1 foot deep in most places in the Albuquerque region. The water temperatures are high. There was no danger of hypothermia in this case, and little danger of drowning. You would call this a mud flat, not a saltwater marsh. If you saw the image I posted the other day, that was of Jones Beach and Oak Beach, right down Ocean Parkway, would look very similar. Oak Beach was swamped in April of 2010 from March flooding, which scientists said had nowhere to go and had taken the water table to record levels. Now add high tides and I think the police guess of 2-3 feet of water is generous.

Police said there was about 2-3 feet of water. Under that water is about 1 foot of muck. So you're talking about being in 3-4 feet of 48 degree water.

The biggest difference between the article cited and Shannan's case is that hypothermia is a major factor.

With the below temps, yes hypothermia is a possibility and the water would follow the air temp but colder. Unless there was a warm spring which is a possibility. I do believe the water was much higher then thought due to the flooding in Oak Beach area for April.
Wow, and it was 20-30* colder for both highs and lows and he was stuck in river muck. Here is the January weather history for Albuquerque, NM
http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USNM0004

inspectr, Thanks for your input. Yes, I did see the ariel phot that you posted. I also looked at the ariel photo of where Shannan's remains were found and there was some standing water in the area at that time.

I wish we knew more about the condition of Shannan's remains. If she was stuck in the mud and succombed where she was found, then would her legs still be in the mud? Ugh, sorry so graphic.
I have so many questions and no answers. Drives me nuts!!!

wm

Because everything was underwater until they drained the area. No way anything stayed in one spot under water. And even with the water drained, they still were digging in the drainage ditches to find some of her belongings.

I meant, why didn't the search dog/dogs or helicopter spot her belongings or remains on May 1, 2010 after a very dry April 2010 and not at the December 2011 recovery...after the storms and hurricane.

We have all looked at the high def pics of the exact area. We have all seen the Google maps dated 2010. We have all seen ground level pictures of that area. It is more like a field stuck between people's backyards and a four lane parkway. It does not have tidal flow. Many photos posted of the area show white sand...even the kid said they saw Shannan's footprints in the sand. He did not say "in the mud or muck."

I have tried to attach a copy of the Google map (when zoomed-you will see the image came from 2010.)

Attachments

• theinfamousmarsh-wetland crop.jpg
    theinfamousmarsh-wetland crop.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 23
And Another from Bing 2010...for good measure

Attachments

• bing 2010 infamous wetlands 2.jpg
    bing 2010 infamous wetlands 2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 21
And Another from Bing 2010...for good measure

Wow, and you can clearly see water!

Look on the left of the picture. You're much better off if you use Bing and zoom in using Bird's Eye view.

But its clear as day. Those dark spots to the left are obviously water - probably the deepest part of the marsh. The crisscrossing tracks (hard to see in your image) - those are all drainage canals. Now imagine how this must have looked in May after record floods and a nor'easter.

Images attached...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 36
And look across the street from Brewer's house, that area between The Fariway and Galley...

There's some more standing water, clear as day, in 2010, in an area between houses. Again, imagine what this must have looked like on May 1. I'd bet the majority of that "field" where Shannan was found looked more like that patch of land across from Brewer's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen