DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes GC lives at 17 The Fairway.

JB lives at 8 The Fairway

Thanx to Pinkhammers post 242

http://longisland.blockshopper.com/taxes/by_city/gilgo-oak_beach-captree?page=1

The photo shown in the post I quoted in neither of those addresses.

GC @17 fairway is across from the 8 fairway house at an angle. The house shown marked on newsdays map is down the street . I guess I am just confused . Yesterday they were showing the 17 fairway house saying that was Brewers and today they are showing I think 5 fairway it may even be an oak beach rd address , But why do that have that marked?

Unless I missed something which could be the case.

Well good grief!! Why is it so hard to get these maps right??? I was going off of what the local media had posted. I will try to see what I can find over the weekend. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Well good grief!! Why is it so hard to get these maps right??? I was going off of what the local media had posted. I will try to see what I can find over the weekend. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

I am not trying to be a pain. The media is getting the house wrong or bing is wrong (like way wrong) I think it is the media. (or I missed some huge part of the housing issues)

You did not cause any confusion ,newsday may have, if it wasnt them it is bing.

It is not us websleuths!:crazy:

The photo shown in the post I quoted in neither of those addresses.

GC @17 fairway is across from the 8 fairway house at an angle. The house shown marked on newsdays map is down the street . I guess I am just confused . Yesterday they were showing the 17 fairway house saying that was Brewers and today they are showing I think 5 fairway it may even be an oak beach rd address , But why do that have that marked?

Unless I missed something which could be the case.

IDK. Im so confused as well.

I called my GF, her son works for Newsday. Its driving me crazy. LOL.

Also, the police probably don't take missing prostitutes reports as seriously as those by people with families. They're the prime targets for serial killers for that reason.

Some say that if they actually legalized prostitution and had bordello houses, that might at least protect some of them from harm. Then again, there will always be a few who will stay outside of the system, and they might end up being targeted.

But some say that legalizing prostitution would offer protection to prostitutes ... even though some would still slip through the cracks? Seems like a good idea to legalize that oldest profession to provide safe haven for prostitutes.

So AMW is talking about body posing, etc now. Hmmmm, that makes you wonder. I think it's pretty safe to assume that these poor ladies weren't deprived of their lives right here, one by one on the side of this road, so what happened?

I'd have to think he's pretty darned familiar with this area and knows traffic patterns, etc, in order to feel comfortable not only dumping, but potentially posing bodies as well? And he went back to that spot, within a few hundred feet, at least four times? Wow, he's a cocky one, isn't he? Comfort Zone anyone?

I gotta wonder if Atlantic City is home for him and this is his vacation spot, or vice versa. He seems to know both area's awfully well. Ditches? Who knows the ditches in any particular area? Someone who's looked at them every single day.

Were they posed inside the burlap bags?

Although I think the Alantic City and LI murders are unrelated here is an article that says 2 of the missing women and possible victims looked like 2 of the Alantic City victims...

It may indeed be the same perp...or not. It could even be Ron Erwin, the main suspect in the Albuquerque murders of young prostitutes. Erwin is a photographer and has traveled all over the world. It is not implausible that he might have changed his killing grounds to Long Island for a summer. He has only been under close surveillance since August. Erwin stayed in motels in Alb. while (purportedly) stalking his victims. (He is being called a "person of interest"--not a "suspect" by Alb. authorities.)

The possible victims of Erwin looked a lot like the AC girls and like Megan and Shannon. Most of them were Hispanic, though. FBI is still going through the thousands of photos confiscated from Erwin's stash, and trying to match them up with the unidentified girls everywhere.

Is the photographer the same guy as the Mesa hills case?

Here is an article with a lot more information on Joseph Brewer, his family, some more back ground. I think it is suspicious that the article says he moved out of the house a few months ago, but then that a neighbor saw him at the house on Tuesday. Did he get nervous when he heard the bodies were discovered and come back to make sure he cleaned up well enough.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._icUSVNRrW8naxbU8gaK5AJ?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Also the vehicle pictured is a Jeep Cherokee, I believe that vehicle has a sun roof, so it wouldn't be the vehicle seen parked very close to the dump site.

Kind of makes one wonder if the fact that his family owned several properties was a factor in the disappearance not being properly investigated ... even though he was named as trying to kill a woman that disappeared, it seems he's moved home with mom (where his daughter and her mother also live) and police turned a blind eye.

Kind of makes one wonder if the fact that his family owned several properties was a factor in the disappearance not being properly investigated ... even though he was named as trying to kill a woman that disappeared, it seems he's moved home with mom (where his daughter and her mother also live) and police turned a blind eye.

And think of the possibilities otto....rental units all over......some of which could be empty at any given time......hmmmmmm. Maybe 8 The Fairway was indeed empty May 1st and JB just used it for his *ahem* party? If you have access to a never ending steam of rental units, that would seem to me to be an ideal way not to get caught doing things that would lead to bodies being left on the side of the road in a ditch. IMO.

In one veiw of the 8 fairway house the only car in the driveway is a blue or green van.

ok, shannon may be un related to the discovery.

is it possible that she was killed and dumped by her pimp for not turning her trick? I think its very likely, it's a way out location.

could Brewer have ejected Shannon because she wasn't alone and he had plans for her in his little graveyard?

or

these cases are completely un-related, in which case....I know a real creepy guy out that way and this case is making my imagination run wild...... yikes!

ok, shannon may be un related to the discovery.

is it possible that she was killed and dumped by her pimp for not turning her trick? I think its very likely, it's a way out location.

could Brewer have ejected Shannon because she wasn't alone and he had plans for her in his little graveyard?

or

these cases are completely un-related, in which case....I know a real creepy guy out that way and this case is making my imagination run wild...... yikes!

I agree that it's very possible Shannan Gilbert has no link at all to the four bodies on the Parkway. But nonetheless, this poor girl is indirectly responsible for the fact that the others were found. I also agree that her disappearance could have been a "pimp thing." But what gets me is this; I'd almost bet the farm I saw reference in one article where JB stated Shannan was at his house for something like 45 minutes. In another article, that was in fact posted here, Shannan's driver states that JB called him THREE HOURS later, and that she was freaking and refusing to leave. I'll have to track down that 45 minute reference for us. Proximity is what gets me. It's just really difficult for me to accept, in an area like this, that four bodies and a missing woman, in the span of little more than a mile, is coincidence.

I also believe it's entirely possible that Shannan did have a bipolar episode of some sort and ran off incoherent. The same thing happened to Sarah Rogers. She got out of her car on the highway, in Maine I think or New Hampshire, ran off in the snow, and they found the poor girl's body days (or maybe weeks) later. But if that's the case here, then where is Shannan? I don't recall GC saying that he saw Shannan get into a vehicle at all. He said he saw an SUV coming down the road and that the guy in it said he was "looking for a woman from a party who had gotten upset."

I keep looking at the map, and after reading the description given of the "tracing Shannan's steps" from the printed copy of Newsday...Shannan was last seen headed south on Galley East Rd. You run out of road if you keep going in that direction, pretty quickly....and next thing you know, in the dark, you'd wind up in the water.

ETA: I found this just now...

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/police-no-search-for-bodies-saturday-1.2551708

*snipped and BBM

Authorities said the bodies, all wrapped in burlap and dumped in a secluded spot along the parkway between Gilgo and Cedar beaches, was most likely the work of a serial killer.

You gotta see this....

http://wizardinglife.com/2010/12/missing-salem-academy-students-found/

*snipped

It is believed that the bodies belong to four of seven students from Salem Academy for Young Witches and Wizards who were reported missing in late September. Though suicide hasn’t been ruled out, Aurors are working alongside Muggle police to find the culprit behind the attacks. Even though the identities of the bodies are unknown, the burlap encasing two of the bodies was laced with an Untraceable Charm to keep the bodies from being found with magic.

???

And think of the possibilities otto....rental units all over......some of which could be empty at any given time......hmmmmmm. Maybe 8 The Fairway was indeed empty May 1st and JB just used it for his *ahem* party? If you have access to a never ending steam of rental units, that would seem to me to be an ideal way not to get caught doing things that would lead to bodies being left on the side of the road in a ditch. IMO.

I finally read through the thread, and I don't know what to make of Brewer. A missing woman claims he was trying to kill her, but Brewer and a neighbor say the woman was "out of it". If Brewer was trying to kill her and she was safe at a neighbor's house, why did she flee when police were called - unless, she really was "out of it" and wasn't reacting in a normal way.

Since the woman that accused Brewer of trying to kill her is not amongst the women that were found, that also takes the focus off Brewer ... IMO.

Now that we know all the bodies were wrapped in burlap, the theory that it is the work of a serial killer is stronger. Is it possible that this guy keeps the girls for awhile before killing them and disposing of them? A Gary Heidnik type?

As to the burlap: it is used by landscapers. I see on the GOOGLE street map several new properties in the area, recently landscaped with multiple evergreens. The sk could be someone who has worked on these landscapes, and thought the area to be a good out-of-the-way place to dump bodies.

Also, I wonder if the neighbors have allowed investigators to search around their properties? Since many of the homes are unoccupied in the off-season, it would be relatively easy to bury bodies all around the area, even on private property.

IMHO: Brewer had nothing to do with the disappearances of any women. He probably gave Shannon some recreational drugs during their encounter, and he is worried about drug charges.

I would be looking hard at the pimp.

About the way the homes are situated. So, I went to GOOGLE street maps of the area, and I took the little orange guy and walked him all the way down from #8 to #17. You can see the path Shannon took very easily. She had to pass several houses, but maybe most were unoccupied until she came to Gus's house.

True, she could have gone off into the water, which is very close by. But then her body would have been found over the summer, with all the activity down there.

http://matadornetwork.com/bnt/2008/06/25/10-extraordinary-burial-ceremonies-from-around-the-world/

*snipped & BBM

Ocean Burial

Since most of our planet is covered with water, burial at sea has long been the accepted norm for mariners the world over.

By international law, the captain of any ship, regardless of size or nationality has the authority to conduct an official burial service at sea.

The traditional burial shroud is a burlap bag, being cheap and plentiful, and long in use to carry cargo.

Yes. Erwin traveled frequently to Albuquerque during the years these women disappeared. He purportedly spent time out there during the Balloon Festivals every year.

I watched a program last week about Mesa Hills murders. They were all prostitutes, mostly Hispanic, and they were all buried near each other. So Erwin has also been in the area where these four women were found?

I think there was an update earlier this week about the Mesa murders. Photos were released of several women that looked to be sleeping or unconscious. The photos were not connected with Erwin, but they were connected with the Mesa Hills investigation and several photos were collected from Erwin earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985