GUILTY NY - Mandy Jenkins, 30, North Amityville, 23 Aug 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I check the news every day, and it seems no paper is picking this up. However, the comments section of the original article is still going with some interesting if not solid information. I will say that it appears most of them can't write well, and obscenities apparently aren't censored. It almost makes me think that the paper has forgotten it even ran a piece in the first place. The original reports, which were sparse to begin with, did say blood had been found at the scene (and signs of a struggle). Why, then, was nothing done beyond the first, cursory investigation?

If anyone does look at the comments and see the fraud article link, that seems to implicate a potential friend (woman, 30, initials JM, girlfriend of the much vilified "Dave"), note that she does not seem to be the right person. I took a look at another JM on facebook and they seem to be different people. I hate to see people like Mandy go missing and nothing done.

I check the news every day, and it seems no paper is picking this up. However, the comments section of the original article is still going with some interesting if not solid information. I will say that it appears most of them can't write well, and obscenities apparently aren't censored. It almost makes me think that the paper has forgotten it even ran a piece in the first place. The original reports, which were sparse to begin with, did say blood had been found at the scene (and signs of a struggle). Why, then, was nothing done beyond the first, cursory investigation?

If anyone does look at the comments and see the fraud article link, that seems to implicate a potential friend (woman, 30, initials JM, girlfriend of the much vilified "Dave"), note that she does not seem to be the right person. I took a look at another JM on facebook and they seem to be different people. I hate to see people like Mandy go missing and nothing done.

I've never met Mandy and only heard of her through her missing person's case, and I am still praying for her return!

I'm amazed that there isn't more on her FB page, either. Her (sister?) or friend most recently commented that it's "in the right people's hands" now, so I'm assuming the investigation is active. I always worry, though, when no media outlet is giving any coverage. Perhaps the big cases, like Kyron's or Ethan's, for example, have made me distrust no news at all. It's so easy for things to get dropped if no one is looking.

Thanks WaitOneMinute! The article link, with comments (more enlightening and longer than the original article from 8/24):

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/08/24/cops-suspicious-of-boyfriends-story-for-missing-woman/

It seems that Mandy's sister is saying that this Dave is in jail (asks if he is enjoying jail), and suggests to his friends that the same fate will soon befall them. I don't find any news, though. It would be nice to have Dave's last name and run a search. I will try to get to that later.

Dave's last name can be found in earlier comments

Thanks fhc. I did find it and the most recent activity was his release in 2007 for possession of a controlled substance. He doesn't appear to be in jail at the moment. Is it wrong to say that I hope he is, soon? I guess I just want someone held accountable, and soon.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/08/24/cops-suspicious-of-boyfriends-story-for-missing-woman/

MANDY WAS PREGNANT???

more comments, but what is going on with media? LE? family? Joe? Dave? Jen?

It appears to be obvious what happened and the parties that know what happened...

Where is Mandy Jo???

Is anyone looking for her???

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Mandy-Jo-Jenkins-RIP-You-will-always-be-loved/154636097884231

under Wall/Info/Photo/Disc.
click on 'RIP Mandy...+ others'
for the latest comments

this is one of the ugliest peanut galleries I've ever seen in terms of the general public posting comments on news items.

I hope they solve this thing ASAP.

That's in the area. They appear to be keeping just as quiet about the potential remains as they have about Mandy. I think it's really odd that the only news reports were few and only in the beginning.

Webrocket, you are absolutely right about those posters. It's an absolute mess on that comment section. But, as bizarre as they are, they're the only ones who seem to care. I hope the police are keeping tabs.

I just hope that something is really going on police wise behind the scenes, this girl deserves justice.....

I just hope that something is really going on police wise behind the scenes, this girl deserves justice.....

I hope the same thing. I can't help but wonder if this has been all but forgotten everywhere except that comment section. Her FB page isn't even seeing much activity. For all we know, nothing is being done. Is there anyone here from LI who might have a better handle on this?

I actually grew up with two of the suspects involved. The version of the story I got implicates the friend with the boyfriend assisting with the cleanup.

BIG NEWS

http://www.pbso.org/index.cfm?fa=bl...ha_id=-1&recsperpage=5&process=Process+Search

Booking Date/Time: 10/12/2010 17:12

Charges:

941.02-3818
OUT-OF-STATE-FUG-OUT-OF-STATE-FUG

Original Bond: $0.00
Current Bond: $0.00

WARRANT# 10-1393 CHARGES: CT1} MURDER 2ND DEGREE

CT2} CRIMINAL FACILITATION 2ND

CT3} HINDERING PROSECUTION

BOOKED FOR STATE OF NEW YORK SUFFOLK CO

so sad. maybe there was more than a little truth to all that chatter from people commenting in the local news stories.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/local/10152010.xml

CBP officers recognized the name David J. Newbeck from a homicide warrant issued by Suffolk County, New York Police Department. 9.

Newbeck, 33, was arrested October 14 when he attempted to board a flight heading out of the country. He was arrested without incident and turned over to Houston Police Department, pending extradition to New York.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back