Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is Erica Duvall...so I lived on the top floor in 5A in 1988 with a woman named Monica. I still have my New York state id from that address...My guess is that the building superintendent killed her. He was a short man with dark hair who did not speak English and wasn't very nice. He kept that building very clean and was always around the building. I did see him coming out of the basement on the front side of the building this is in 1988. Most of the apartments in the building were boarded up with bricks cemented up in front of the apartment doors. I once was walking around and I saw the building superintendent in what appeared to me were he lived in the building in what looked like a closet to me, it was very strange.

As far as the people in the building I don't remember seeing any pimps or prostitutes as everyone in the building were over 40. I may have seen 2 tenants beside me and monica in the building. I was thinking if anyone had a old new York phone book maybe we would know who lived in the building back then. I think there may be listings still on the white pages?

Hi Erica! So glad you have posted here! I have seen a couple of your posts on other pages while doing research on this building. I believe I even quote you and pasted a link from somewhere where you mentioned about the cemented apartments. If you remember anything else please please write it here.

I actually had a couple of questions. You mention he did not speak English... Do you know if it was Spanish Polish Italian or German? About how old he was? Did he live in the building or just do the maintenance and go home.? Do you remember if he had a helper or a family?

Iam with you too I believe the super did it too and if he did not do it he had something to do with it. The super is the one that you always find in the basement and it's not suspicious. I know I grew up in the the city and as kids we used to venture to the basements of buildings my friends lived in to creep ourselves out but eventually the super would kick us out.

Anyway I also believed this happened at the time when the building was bricking and cementing the apartments. That is how they got all the cement I and it was not suspicious. I have been searching everywhere to find anything that could give info as to when the apartments were bricked and I still have not found it. The only thing I found with any indications of the cemented apartments were your quotes that they were already done in 1988.

I wonder if the police ever checked any of the bricked up apartments to see if the remainder of the rug was in one of them.. Iam sure when they were tearing down the building the rugs would of been seen.
Yay so glad you have joined us!

This is Erica Duvall...so I lived on the top floor in 5A in 1988 with a woman named Monica. I still have my New York state id from that address...My guess is that the building superintendent killed her. He was a short man with dark hair who did not speak English and wasn't very nice. He kept that building very clean and was always around the building. I did see him coming out of the basement on the front side of the building this is in 1988. Most of the apartments in the building were boarded up with bricks cemented up in front of the apartment doors. I once was walking around and I saw the building superintendent in what appeared to me were he lived in the building in what looked like a closet to me, it was very strange.

As far as the people in the building I don't remember seeing any pimps or prostitutes as everyone in the building were over 40. I may have seen 2 tenants beside me and monica in the building. I was thinking if anyone had a old new York phone book maybe we would know who lived in the building back then. I think there may be listings still on the white pages?

Yes DQN I read about the construction worker that fell to his death and began to wonder if the building I'd haunted... That would be a totally different subject!
Great find on the 303 313 building. It's strange that was not on the Gigantic list of buildings that I found. I don't know why it was not on there.

Correction 301 West 46th Street was directly next to 303 -313 West 46th Street. There is a hotel there now. In the 70's all of these buildings were "row" buildings. Durst's owned 303 directly next to 301 West 46th street. The Irony of it is a construction worker fell to his death putting up the hotel at 301 West 46th street. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-worker-fell-death-air-force-vet-article-1.2214773

attachment.php

This link you can pan the view from 300 -313, you can see how all the buildings are attached. The hotel now stands where 301 was.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...8a4bfc!8m2!3d40.7602635!4d-73.9886033!6m1!1e1

Here is the old club that was 301 West 46th Street where the body was found in the basement.
attachment.php

DQN great call on the Lynne girl! In my opinion... I still have a feeling the Super did it.. And if in fact the girl in the basement is one of the Durst victims. I don't think Durst did the work. I think he paid the Super BIG $$$$$ to do it.

Oh and the link for the address for the building does not work for some reason

Madamx located the buildings that the Durst owned. 301 West 46th was not one of them, However on the list is
303-313 West 46th: the 303 building was the first building on the next block. The Durstd owned the entire block. There is a date listed with 303-313 West 46th Street,however I do not know what 1974 represents. http://findingaids.cul.columbia.edu/...11078295/print

This girl matches mid town Jane Doe. Lynn Schulze missing1971 https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6975/22/

The last paragraph in her missing profile on the Charlie Project reads the following: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schulze_lynne.html
Robert Durst is a suspect in her disappearance. Robert and Kathleen Durst owned a Health Food Store "All Good Things" in Vermont, where Lynn Schulze shopped.

I sent Lynne Schulze in as a match for Mid town Jane Doe, and notified the authorities of the Durst connection with the building next door or the first building on the next block.

Oh no? Iam confused?
Here is the answer I received from Namus regarding a match for Jane Doe Midtown and Lynne Schulze.

" Thank you for this submission. We are unable to conclusive compare these cases at this time however, I have forwarded your email to the investigating agencies and they will contact you directly if they have any questions."

Lynne's site reads: DNA

Guidelines for Collection of DNA

My understanding of this: the family has not submitted the DNA sample. AM I wrong?

Madamex. 303-313 west 46th street was on your Durst building list that is where I saw it . It is listed under one of the Box 13's on the list. If Durst didn't do it the super did. He is probably long dead. But still want to know who the girl is. Now I see why names has not ruled out anyone on Lynn Schulz page the family never submitted sample DNA. Perhaps they are convinced she ran away. Try the google link on your google search engine, and allow in fire wall if they doesn't work.

I would think the empty lot next to 301 w 46th at would be the 303 w 46th at. That lot was a parking lot in 1988

I lived with Monica for few months. I don't remember her last name but she was Peruvian. Monica got ill in Peru and her best friend kicked me out of the apartment. Don't know any of the tenants names

The super was over 40 years old..don't know what language .
he spoke..he didn't have any helpers that I recall...He may of lived in the building I I was walking around my floor or maybe another floor and say him in this tiny closet?? it was really weird like he lived in there...he was short and overweight with dark hair.
Monicas apartment was rent controlled. I think she paid $175 or $300 a month back then. I remember sleeping on the sofa and the ceiling collapsed in the kitchen..just the cement part. I was only 24 and renting her sofa for the most part. Monica went to visit family in Peru as she was from there and she got very sick and her best friend in new York kicked me out of the apartment. I don't remember monicas last name or any names associated with the building. I just remember Monica saying a woman lived on one of the other floors

Yes Dotr I was thinking the same thing and made me think about the one of
supers son uptown that killed some girl on the roof this one happened in 1984
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/12/07/n...-charged-with-killing-with-drama-student.html

I wonder if the girl in the basement lived or squatted in one of the apartment Before they were bricked up... Also as per Erica no prostitutes and drugs were going on their in 1988 and by then the apartments were cemented. Also again my theory this happened before 1988 and prob also happened After the Scene Club closed in 1971 I believe. I will continue trying to find anything as when they were cemented up. Which would narrow down to me as when the girl was put down there

Reminded of this couple missing in NY. they allegedly had a dodgy landlord.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sylvia_camden.html

Here is the answer I received from Namus regarding a match for Jane Doe Midtown and Lynne Schulze.

" Thank you for this submission. We are unable to conclusive compare these cases at this time however, I have forwarded your email to the investigating agencies and they will contact you directly if they have any questions."

Lynne's site reads: DNA

Guidelines for Collection of DNA

My understanding of this: the family has not submitted the DNA sample. AM I wrong?

It can mean an number of things but most often either:

* Namus or LE is slow updating the files

* the samples have been taken but are still being processed (often this is a paperwork delay)

* DNA exists for comparison but it's held outside the Namus system, usually by the person's investigating LE agency. Usually this means the comparison has to be done manually. Racine Jane Doe's LE have never uploaded her DNA either.

There are other reasons but those are the most common ones that I've seen.

It can mean an number of things but most often either:

* Namus or LE is slow updating the files

* the samples have been taken but are still being processed (often this is a paperwork delay)

* DNA exists for comparison but it's held outside the Namus system, usually by the person's investigating LE agency. Usually this means the comparison has to be done manually. Racine Jane Doe's LE have never uploaded her DNA either.

There are other reasons but those are the most common ones that I've seen.
Thank you carbuff!

I would think the empty lot next to 301 w 46th at would be the 303 w 46th at. That lot was a parking lot in 1988

Yes it would be next to 301w46th, thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure if a building was there in '88. Assumed there was.

As i review the list on the Columbia site that MadamX posted it read 303-313 EAST 46th Street, not west 46th street, we needed west. So that may rule out Robert Durst in the case of the cement Jane Doe. However not ruled out for Lynne Schulze.

Sorry about that it ,must have been a late night find on my part,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back