Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good Find Daisychains!!! The stats fit.. well except for her age..(iam never set on the age ranges though) but everything else seems to be lining up... and the time frame that I have been thinking too...
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thank you for the input and encouragement madamx :)

Barbara's face is one of those classic beauties you see when scanning through the MP lists and always stays with you. I hope someday to scan the MP lists and no longer see her beautiful face there b/c she has been brought back home to her loved ones.

I am the same when it comes to age of UID's. I am the type of person who has not matured much since I was 18 and my body system works pretty well for my age. I also have never given birth. For these reasons, If an ME were looking at my remains for an approximation they would probably think I am much younger than my actual age. Barbara has that look to me. Of course the photos sourced for her I believe are from 1977 and not 1980 when she went missing and I can't figure out why.

Rochester is a middle to high income town right? Just trying to think if Barbara could have grown up in a family with the income to care for her teeth when she was growing up. Barbara seems to have runaway from home to follow the lights of the big cities of New York or Los Angeles. This was a girl, like the UID is theorized, who seems as if she wanted to find bigger, better things out in the "real world". Maybe she thought she could be a model or actress and eventually fell upon hard times once things didn't pan out.

If this UID doesn't have DNA on file I might submit Barbara so her dentals can be compared. IF this UID does have DNA on file I will not submit as Barbara's DNA is on file and it would have produced a match if it were her.

Barbara looks much closer than Lynne.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Here is another photo of Barbara Ann Bruno, You should definitely submit her as a match. Photo taken in 1976.

attachment.php

Attachments

• img_25188.jpg
    img_25188.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 181
Is there not a Namus page for this UID? I want to submit Barbara Bruno as a potential match. For now I will at least send this UID's info to Barbara's case manager.

All I could find was the Doe network info with this detectives contact. I'm so shy to call him. I want to email my tip so I have record:
NCIC Case Number: U-900004399
Agency Case Number: 389
Agency Name: New York City Police
Midtown North Detective Squad
Detective James Gardner
Phone Number: (212) 473-2042
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5703. The contact is the New York Cnty Med Examiners Office at 212-447-2770.

28000.jpg

Interestingly, Namus lists the probable date of death as 1970 to 2003. Wow, that's quite a range. And she was found in Feb. 2003.

Exclusions as of 28 March 2017:

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Shannon Arif 1977 Tennessee
Sherill Levett 1900 Alabama
Stacy McCall 1974 Missouri
Kimberly McClasky 1966 Illinois
Judith O'Donnell 1961
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Suzanne Streeter 1973 Missouri

:tyou::cheer:

Just sent all info to Lori who handles both Barbara's case and this UID. Yay! Thanks for the encouragement and help!

I'll probably get a reply saying that both Barbara and the UID have DNA processed and they are automatic rule outs, but it is worth checking as Barbara is not on that rule out list.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5703. The contact is the New York Cnty Med Examiners Office at 212-447-2770.

attachment.php

Interestingly, Namus lists the probable date of death as 1970 to 2003. Wow, that's quite a range. And she was found in Feb. 2003.

Judith O'Donnell 1961

Yay I feel we might be getting somewhere with this!!!.. I honestly get so excited when I am on a thread and there are a couple of us going back with different feedback it makes me feel like we are all working together like a team and eventually something will hit!!!!!!...

Again..I know the probable Death is CRAZY 1970 to 2003...I have my doubts with that.. My strong feeling is this girl was in Cement before 1988 and put in the cement block when they bricked up all the apartments... which by the way I am still trying to find out info on..

View attachment 113773

Judith O'Donnell 1961

Good find Daisy Chains! Let's hope! That would be great!

Reply from Lori:

Hello,

Per our records we have eliminated this unidentified woman as being Barbara Bruno. We have still forwarded your email to the primary investigators. They will contact you if they require any further information.
Thank you,
Lori

Lori Bruski
Regional Systems Administrator
National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

So Barbara Bruno is likely a rule out. I don't know why investigators would want more info from me if Namus has ruled her out, but nice to know Namus is covering all their bases. (then again I typically get this standard response from SOME namus agents who IMO are not looking at things deep enough JMO)

oh nooo DaisyChains ruleout!!!!...and she looked like a sure thing wow....ugh..well I guess its back to the grind!

Reply from Lori:

Hello,

Per our records we have eliminated this unidentified woman as being Barbara Bruno. We have still forwarded your email to the primary investigators. They will contact you if they require any further information.
Thank you,
Lori

Lori Bruski

So Barbara Bruno is likely a rule out. I don't know why investigators would want more info from me if Namus has ruled her out, but nice to know Namus is covering all their bases. (then again I typically get this standard response from SOME namus agents who IMO are not looking at things deep enough JMO)

I wonder why Barbara was ruled out? Its frustrating they don't let you know. I honestly thought you were on to something there DaisyChains!!!...crap crap crap!!!! I am still also on the hunt for the year when the damn building was first bricked off... again frustrating..nothing yet...screen-capture[1].jpg

What I did find interesting that there was a NYC cop that is mentioned quite a few times and he was head of the Runaway Unit in the 1970s and his name was Warren MCGinniss that caught my eye.. because of the MCG on the ring. I have found different articles and he is mentioned along with Covenant House in other articles. I only copied and pasted a couple of paragraphs ..I just found his name to be interesting and he seemed to be a fixture in the neighborhood... so it could be nothing or it could be something.. the article is longer but very interesting and gives you more of a feeling of what was going on at the time.

On Feb. 27, 1975, Sgt. Jim Greenlay and Officer Warren McGinniss of the Police Department's Runaway Unit were winding up a 6 P.M.‐to‐2 A.M. tour of duty when they were summoned to the Midtown South Precinct on 35th Street between Eighth and Ninth Avenues, to complete some paperwork, which is one of the banes of their assignment. In the muster room, they noticed a group of young women who had been picked up by a Prostitution Control Unit sweep on a section of Eighth Avenue that has become known to police as “the Minnesota Strip.” Ever since Minnesota passed a law making a second offense punishable by a mandatory 90‐day sentence, substantial numbers of that state's prostitutes have migrated to New York's more hospitable climate.

McGinniss, a tall man of 43 with a shock of black hair, mild brown eyes and an empathic manner, spotted a girl he hadn't seen before. She looked like an out‐of‐towner. She had long honeycolored hair and a peaches‐and‐cream complexion, and wore a green pants suit. To almost anyone but her parents, she was an adult. To McGinniss, she was a child. What others saw as the fully developed figure of a woman was to McGinniss 130 pounds of beautifully developed baby fat.

Now, it is the function of the Runaway Unit to patrol the streets of New York looking for minors who have fled their homes. A minor in New York and four other states must be under 16; in the other 45 states, under 17 or 18. In accordance with an interstate compact, it is the law of the home state that applies to minors picked up in New York. When the Runaway Unit spots a boy or a girl it believes to be a minor, it asks for identification. I only copied and pasted a couple of paragraphs ..I just found his name to be interesting and he seemed to be a fixture in the neighborhood... so it could be nothing or it could be something.. the article is long but interesting and gives you more of a feeling of what was going on at the time.

http://www.nytimes.com/1975/11/16/a...odays-runaway-is-no-norman-rockwell.html?_r=0

Reply from Lori:

Hello,

Thank you,
Lori

Lori Bruski

You Know DQN you have a point.. they were quick to Dismiss Barbara yet she is not on the List!!..I don't get that either.. Lazy is the only word that comes to mind ugh!....and seriously I really though Daisychains had it!

So why didn't Namus post her as a rule out so everyone can put their energy into something more productive instead of redundancy in research.

You Know DQN you have a point.. they were quick to Dismiss Barbara yet she is not on the List!!..I don't get that either.. Lazy is the only word that comes to mind ugh!....and seriously I really though Daisychains had it!

I thought Daisy Chains had it also......Lazy its takes 60 seconds to type that rule out into the Namus page if not less. Ot seems to ba a lame RUN organization. More people could be matched if they were on the ball by volunteers. I am mean really, what do we have to work with? a whole lot of inaccurate info. Check this out: http://joegiacalone.net/namus-advice-for-families-of-missing-persons/ I guess they aren't respected enough to get funding.
At the moment, funding for the DNA collection has run out. This effectively eliminated the free program for family members to have a DNA exemplar uploaded into the database. As you are aware, DNA is most often the identifying marker. Not only did this funding stop the free DNA program, but it also stopped the anthropological services outside of Texas.

Could we stop dissing hard-working professionals who are already going way above and beyond the requirements of their jobs? Most cold cases are being worked by dedicated detectives on their own time. And in any case that's no reason to be rude.

Could we stop dissing hard-working professionals who are already going way above and beyond the requirements of their jobs? Most cold cases are being worked by dedicated detectives on their own time. And in any case that's no reason to be rude.

In all due respect this is about volunteers matching unidentified remains to the missing. Unidentified remains are matched due to the kindness of volunteers.

If Namus was more accurate and up to date perhaps there may be 10,000 active cases instead of 80,000 active cases. All the volunteers between web sleuths, Doe Network & Charley Project have matched 100's if not 1000's.

If Namus was up to date in Tammy Alexanders case she would have been identified 35 years ago. A web sleuther did his own artist rendition and immediately identified her. The anguish of NOT KNOWING what happened to someone is worse then knowing they are dead. Trust me on that one. I have first hand experience on that. If one extra clue added to Namus or one thing left out or mistakes in entries can make or break another wise good match. It is just passed over.

Tammy Alexander:
She went missing from Florida in the late 70's
Her body was located shot in a field in Western NY
35 years later a Web sleuther identified her because he did a photo of her face based on her deceased photo.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ander-cali-missing-person-caledonia/22420611/

Another case: unidentified remains listed as 20-30 year old female was looked over for 8 years. The actual match was a 47 year old female. The detectives solved the case 8 years later when they saw the photo in Namus in another state and made the call because they recognized her. She could have been matched sooner if the age was determined correctly or if it was entered in the system correctly which was more likely.

The volunteers spend hours on end working on matches, all we hope for is accurate tools to work with to be more successful with the matches.

So why didn't Namus post her as a rule out so everyone can put their energy into something more productive instead of redundancy in research.

In fairness to Lori, who I know to be hard-working and who cares a lot about missing people, I believe that NAMUS is reliant on the local law enforcement offices to keep it up to date. It is simply too big and unwieldy for a couple people to keep up to date, especially since they have no way to force detectives to submit information. Unlike lots of law enforcement folks, she actually took the time to look into the lead and send back feedback that it was not a match. She may not be at liberty to release more than that.

Oh now I feel bad I said the comment about Lazy ( Skigirl,Carbuff) it s is true everyone is working hard and volunteers... I guess it just gets frustrating sometimes... I apologize:facepalm:

Oh No funding for DNA has stopped?! Oh that is not good....
I thought Daisy Chains had it also......Lazy its takes 60 seconds to type that rule out into the Namus page if not less. Ot seems to ba a lame RUN organization. More people could be matched if they were on the ball by volunteers. I am mean really, what do we have to work with? a whole lot of inaccurate info. Check this out: http://joegiacalone.net/namus-advice-for-families-of-missing-persons/ I guess they aren't respected enough to get funding.
At the moment, funding for the DNA collection has run out. This effectively eliminated the free program for family members to have a DNA exemplar uploaded into the database. As you are aware, DNA is most often the identifying marker. Not only did this funding stop the free DNA program, but it also stopped the anthropological services outside of Texas.

Oh No funding for DNA has stopped?! Oh that is not good....

Yes funding stopped a few months ago I believe.

I have sent in many numerous leads over the years to numerous namus volunteers. They work hard. Sorry if I offended anyone - wasn't my intent. Just frustrated that she isn't listed on the rule-outs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back