GUILTY NY - Martha Stewart for lying about stock sale, NYC, 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:eek:

ALDERSON, West Virginia (Reuters) - Trendsetter Martha Stewart has arrived at a minimum-security prison known as "Camp Cupcake" under cover of early morning darkness to serve a five-month sentence for lying about a stock sale.

Stewart, one of the America's best-known personalities, was subjected to a strip search on arrival on Friday and had to squat and cough hard to check for hidden contraband, Federal Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman Carla Wilson said.

For the next five months, she will be known as prisoner No. 55170-054. Full Story

Sprocket said:
I agree. The statement was more crafted. MAYBE, her advisers are telling her, the longer she delays this, the worse it looks for her, and now she's playing the part (poorly, imho) of the martyr .....doing her "time" over the holidays that she so enjoys and will miss dearly......so that she and her company can "move on."

Yawn.
Yea, no K-Mart Christmas ad's of her's this year. They were so nauseating!!!:sick:

Ivy said:
Martha wasn't convicted for insider trading. She was convicted for lying to investigators by saying she didn't do it. What kind of wacky justice is that? Am I the only one who thinks there's something wrong with this picture?

I have never been a fan of Martha's and don't like the way it's been reported that she often treats people, but I firmly believe the case was brought against her because she's a powerful woman, and certain powerful men thought she needed to be put in her place.
No, it was brought against her BECAUSE she is an arrogant LIAR who thinks she's above the law, NOT because she is a woman!!! I am a feminist, IMS:behindbar is not, she only cares about herself, not womankind.:razz:

LinasK said:
No, it was brought against her BECAUSE she is an arrogant LIAR who thinks she's above the law, NOT because she is a woman!!! I am a feminist, IMS:behindbar is not, she only cares about herself, not womankind.:razz:
Ken Lay and the rest of those Enron men need to be in jail :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar too and they're not. IMO Martha did do something wrong, but she is being made an example of because she is a woman.

I found out yesterday that there is going to be a new Martha reality program when she comes out of jail.

Casshew said:
:eek:

ALDERSON, West Virginia (Reuters) - Trendsetter Martha Stewart has arrived at a minimum-security prison known as "Camp Cupcake" under cover of early morning darkness to serve a five-month sentence for lying about a stock sale.

Stewart, one of the America's best-known personalities, was subjected to a strip search on arrival on Friday and had to squat and cough hard to check for hidden contraband, Federal Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman Carla Wilson said.

For the next five months, she will be known as prisoner No. 55170-054. Full Story

Did anyone see SNL last night? They reported that when Martha had to squat and cough hard, she laid 2 perfect, blue-speckled robin eggs :p

BirdieBoo said:
Ken Lay and the rest of those Enron men need to be in jail :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar too and they're not. IMO Martha did do something wrong, but she is being made an example of because she is a woman.

I found out yesterday that there is going to be a new Martha reality program when she comes out of jail.

The Enron guys (and their wives (in some cases)) ARE going to jail and will be there long after Martha is released. She got a slap on the wrist and I think that the punishment in this case fit the crime. Had she not been a stock broker, I don't believe she would have been found guilty. However, since she knew what the rules were, and chose to break them, she has to pay for that.

This is just f*&king amazing. Martha Stewart screws up on something (what did she step one centimeter out of bounds?) and they extend her house arrest 3 weeks (she has to keep the ankle monitor on). It's amazing how we can keep track of Martha Stewart but we can't keep track of sex offenders.

Just unfreakingbelievalbe.
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: WooHoo! The arrogant witch deserves it!

LinasK said:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: WooHoo! The arrogant witch deserves it!
\
That's not what I meant. :confused: I really don't care about Martha Stewart one way or another. All I was saying was that we can keep tabs on her 24/7 but we can't keep track of sex offenders? Something serious wrong with that wouldn't you think so?

The point of my post wasn't whether she deserved it or not. I give more of a crap about sex offendersbeing released into society with the possibility of reoffending then I do Martha Stewart anyday.

If I had my choice of putting an ankle monitor on a sex offender or Martha Freaking Stewart, it sure wouldn't be Martha!

kk's mom said:
\
That's not what I meant. :confused: I really don't care about Martha Stewart one way or another. All I was saying was that we can keep tabs on her 24/7 but we can't keep track of sex offenders? Something serious wrong with that wouldn't you think so?

The point of my post wasn't whether she deserved it or not. I give more of a crap about sex offendersbeing released into society with the possibility of reoffending then I do Martha Stewart anyday.

If I had my choice of putting an ankle monitor on a sex offender or Martha Freaking Stewart, it sure wouldn't be Martha!
I agree KK'Mom. Personally I don't care for Martha but I think that it is ridiculas how closely she has been monitored while we can't get the Sexual Offenders monitored. Something is really wrong with this picture.

I'm in complete agreement about sexual offenders- I too was victimized by one. No arguement there, but Martha is a lying, arrogant convicted criminal who deserves her due!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...9/Martha-Stewart-refused-entry-to-the-UK.html

It was not clear if Ms Stewart had been singled out or was a victim of a blanket rule imposed by the new agency. In 2004 she served five months in prison for lying to federal agents investigating the sale of shares shortly before they fell sharply in value.
The UK Border Agency said it would not comment on individual cases. A spokesman added: "We continue to oppose the entry to the UK of individuals where we believe their presence in the United Kingdom is not conducive to the public good or where they have been found guilty of serious criminal offences abroad." (more at link)

They keep Martha Stewart out but let terrorists in....that makes sense, Not!!!!:rolleyes:

If that wasn't so stupid it would be funny.

Whomever decided that Martha was a threat to British society should read the crimes in the news forum and think again.

Exactly Angelmom!!! Especially considering all the sickos they DO allow in here!

Sorry! Martha is a convicted felon and proven liar. She doesn't deserve to have another TV show or anything else named after her!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:snooty:
Good for the UK! I can't stand her! She thinks she is above the law and everyone else.:razz:

Sorry! Martha is a convicted felon and proven liar. She doesn't deserve to have another TV show or anything else named after her!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:snooty:
Good for the UK! I can't stand her! She thinks she is above the law and everyone else.:razz:

Oh please! Martha was a scapegoat.
I believe she is totally innocent and had she been a man she would have not served any jail time.

I love Martha and I love her stuff.

Oh please! Martha was a scapegoat.
I believe she is totally innocent and had she been a man she would have not served any jail time.

I love Martha and I love her stuff.

Agree with you on all points Pixies. Martha should be allowed to travel freely..she is harmless.

I dont know that much about her but I do know she didnt kill anyone or incite anyone else to kill anyone like many others they let in here so on that basis I disagree with them not letting her in.....its just so hypocritical of the Government here which is my objection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back