GUILTY NY - Martha Stewart for lying about stock sale, NYC, 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry! Martha is a convicted felon and proven liar. She doesn't deserve to have another TV show or anything else named after her!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:snooty:
Good for the UK! I can't stand her! She thinks she is above the law and everyone else.:razz:

Whether you like her or not, you have to admit that she's pretty harmless compared so some of the other people allowed to live, work, and collect government assistance in the UK.

And I'm not throwing stones at our British friends...I would feel the same way if it were the Americans trying to keep a similar type person out. She's not trying to move there, for Pete's sake! Just travel on a visa. What do they think she's going to do? Start a cupcake cult?

Oooh...I want to join that!

If that wasn't so stupid it would be funny.

Whomever decided that Martha was a threat to British society should read the crimes in the news forum and think again.
I sooooo agree angelmom! What a bunch of fools. Martha is only a threat to herself! :bang: She is just greedy...not a threat. She also didn't do anything that others would not have done in that same position. If someone told me the bottom was going to fall out of Exxon...I would be selling as fast as I could dial my phone.

Oh please! Martha was a scapegoat.
I believe she is totally innocent and had she been a man she would have not served any jail time.

I love Martha and I love her stuff.
Exactly!

I believe she is totally innocent and had she been a man she would have not served any jail time.

Martha was no scapegoat! She was a former stockbroker who practiced insider trading, then when caught, lied about it!

Whether you like her or not, you have to admit that she's pretty harmless compared so some of the other people allowed to live, work, and collect government assistance in the UK.

And I'm not throwing stones at our British friends...I would feel the same way if it were the Americans trying to keep a similar type person out. She's not trying to move there, for Pete's sake! Just travel on a visa. What do they think she's going to do? Start a cupcake cult?

Oooh...I want to join that!

OMG youuuu soooo made me laugh!! Linas if Martha had been a man she would have never seen a day of jail time.

Watch COPS. Its not Martha stewart on there being shown with a carload full of coke and pot!!
She is no threat and she served her time.
This is ridiculous.

Martha was no scapegoat! She was a former stockbroker who practiced insider trading, then when caught, lied about it!

I agree with you. Some one steals $2.00 and another steals $2,000, are they not both thieves? I think not being able to enter the UK, IS A GOOD THING!

Martha was not a scapegoat. Had she been a man, she may have gotten longer time. She is a ruthless businesswoman who thinks that she is above the law. Even though she is very rich, she decided to get even greedier. She used insider info to sell a stock (can't remember the name of it). She got word that the drug that was supposed to be released to the marketplace had not received FDA approval. She knew that the stock would plummet once that news was released. So, she sold it. Her problem was she LIED to federal investigators. That's why she was prosecuted and she was subsequently convicted. She made sure that she ruined others on your way down...others who will not recover like she has. This was just a blip in her radar.

Bear in mind, they also discovered that she wrote off her expensive, personal vacations as business trips. I don't believe that the IRS prosecuted her for this. We, the Average Joe, would have been prosecuted, IMO.

I have nothing against MS. I also like her stuff. I just have heard that she is a royal b*tch and thinks that she is better than everyone else...I hope that refusal to let her in the country showed her that she is not as special as she (or apparently you ;)) thinks that she is.

Did you see Martha on Next Food Network Star? She was trying some products that the contestants had to make. One of the products was a sloppy joe. They gave her a little slice of sloppy joe on a plate and she ate it with a fork??! Then she said something like, "well, this is not the kind of food that I would ever eat". What a freaking snob she is. I've never liked her. If UK has entry rules that keep out ex-cons, well those rules apply to her too. She's just another ex-con and doesn't deserve special celebrity treatment.

I don't like Martha, I won't buy her stuff even if I do like it. I try to avoid places that pitch Martha. I believe greed is one of the seven deadly sins and it hurts people and I think Martha is greedy.

Also, I judge her on "rumors" that she does not treat her children well and they don't like her. Because I don't know her, I can get away with this. If I knew her I would actually have to spend time to find out if its true. But as she plays no part in my life, I need not take the time....

Salem

She is supposed to be really mean to her help. Did anyone see the lifetime movie with her life story? Like the part where she screams "I asked for merlot' ? I could never work for her.

Oh my gosh! They had Tony Blair at the head of their government, and they won't let Martha Stewart in?

She broke the law, but there are men manipulating the stock market right now, driving up our gas prices, and I don't see any of them being held accountable. Many people involved with Enron have still not paid for their crimes. Especially Kenneth Lay! I don't believe for one moment that he is dead. He is probably in South America somewhere, lying on a sunny beach (with his reconstructed face) drinking Margaritas. Maybe he is hanging out on the Bush ranch in Paraguay.

... Especially Kenneth Lay! I don't believe for one moment that he is dead. He is probably in South America somewhere, lying on a sunny beach (with his reconstructed face) drinking Margaritas...
Yeah, he's probably hanging out with Hannibal Lecter... :rolleyes:

...Did anyone see the lifetime movie with her life story? Like the part where she screams "I asked for merlot' ? ...
Well, I'd have to scream (right before I got booted from her mansion) that, "People in hell want ice water, but they don't get it either. So, get used to it." Then, I would quickly see myself to the door. ;)

Martha was not a scapegoat. Had she been a man, she may have gotten longer time. She is a ruthless businesswoman who thinks that she is above the law. Even though she is very rich, she decided to get even greedier. She used insider info to sell a stock (can't remember the name of it). She got word that the drug that was supposed to be released to the marketplace had not received FDA approval. She knew that the stock would plummet once that news was released. So, she sold it. Her problem was she LIED to federal investigators. That's why she was prosecuted and she was subsequently convicted. She made sure that she ruined others on your way down...others who will not recover like she has. This was just a blip in her radar.

Bear in mind, they also discovered that she wrote off her expensive, personal vacations as business trips. I don't believe that the IRS prosecuted her for this. We, the Average Joe, would have been prosecuted, IMO.

I have nothing against MS. I also like her stuff. I just have heard that she is a royal b*tch and thinks that she is better than everyone else...I hope that refusal to let her in the country showed her that she is not as special as she (or apparently you ;)) thinks that she is.

I think the stock was ImClone, and I'm glad there are other people on this thread who view Martha the way I do.

Sorry! Martha is a convicted felon and proven liar. She doesn't deserve to have another TV show or anything else named after her!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:snooty:
Good for the UK! I can't stand her! She thinks she is above the law and everyone else.:razz:

ditto!

I agree 100%. Well said, as usual! :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back