GUILTY NY - Matthew Straton, 31, Rochester, 28 Oct 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some conflicting information - one source said the doctor (the owner of the house) hadn't been seen since the summer; yet another person showed up today for an appointment with the doctor.

The doctor is a psychiatrist who specializes in addition. erm, that should be *addiction.*

I wonder if Matthew went to see him in a crisis and the house had been taken over by vagrants.

The neighborhood's not that bad - students, young families, empty nesters. Some of the pedestrians who don't live there may have mental health issues or be up to no good.

That makes sense.

I used to live at the corner of Alexander and East Ave. I don't think it's a bad neighborhood. Of course I lived there over 15 years ago, before the hospital closed.

A few blocks in that area make a big difference.
People I know - friends of my son and Matt - lived on Meigs near Monroe a few years ago. They witnessed so much crime around the 7 Eleven and Dunkin Donuts up there, they broke their lease and moved back to Webster.
I also knew a landlord on Field St who told me not to drive to work that way.
So my impression of the neighborhood is not good.

The University of Rochester Medical Center removed Dr. Lewek's profile page from their website - "page not found." It shows up in a cached version of the page.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...uspicious-condition-in-park-ave-area/4502721/

Only a report of one body at the time. Local radio station had someone call talking about multiples. All rumors so far. Nothing backed up by RPD or media. What I will say is odd is that Matt was covered not buried according to coverage (I'll have to recheck this article as they'd been updated so many times), so if that's the case why take over 24 hours to remove him & why have multiple tarps as reported by media (one light colored & one blue) and digging tools being used in many places? My only thought is that the person that advised them gave them reason to believe there may be others & they needed to make sure. But it has been a long time even after the time they blocked off the entire street for a short period when everyone believed they removed Matts body. Then it was open back up to traffic again & officers are still on the scene this morning.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...uspicious-condition-in-park-ave-area/4502721/

Only a report of one body at the time. Local radio station had someone call talking about multiples. All rumors so far. Nothing backed up by RPD or media. What I will say is odd is that Matt was covered not buried according to coverage (I'll have to recheck this article as they'd been updated so many times), so if that's the case why take over 24 hours to remove him & why have multiple tarps as reported by media (one light colored & one blue) and digging tools being used in many places? My only thought is that the person that advised them gave them reason to believe there may be others & they needed to make sure. But it has been a long time even after the time they blocked off the entire street for a short period when everyone believed they removed Matts body. Then it was open back up to traffic again & officers are still on the scene this morning.

Thanks for the local update, Caring4many! :seeya:

The University of Rochester Medical Center removed Dr. Lewek's profile page from their website - "page not found." It shows up in a cached version of the page.

I noticed that, too...

:waitasec:

More information about Lewek in this article...

He is to appear for his arraignment, today, Friday, 1-17-14...

Picture of Lewek in this article...

JMO

"A psychiatrist who lives at the house where human remains were found this week is scheduled to appear in City Court Friday for arraignment."

"Dr. William Lewek, 62, a psychiatrist who lives at 27 Rowley St., has been charged with tampering with physical evidence and third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies."

More at link above...

So I guess it's possible that the doctor didn't kill Matthew, and maybe only moved the body? Or did Matthew possibly OD on some of the drugs the doctor had, and then the doc freaked out and moved the body?

Ironic that a doc who specializes in addictions is found to be in possession of the very thing that he's supposed to help people break free from.

I'm glad Matthew was found; at least his family can give him a proper burial now.

Mug shot of Lewek indicates a bruise on one eyelid...

I wonder what other activities he has been involved in recently?

:waitasec:

So I guess it's possible that the doctor didn't kill Matthew, and maybe only moved the body? Or did Matthew possibly OD on some of the drugs the doctor had, and then the doc freaked out and moved the body?

Ironic that a doc who specializes in addictions is found to be in possession of the very thing that he's supposed to help people break free from.

I'm glad Matthew was found; at least his family can give him a proper burial now.

I am wondering, too, if Matthew possibly OD'd at Lewek's house... Lewek panicked... Then moved Matthew to the backyard to try to bury/hide the body...

I still wonder who made the initial report of finding the body?

I wonder if we will ever know who made the initial report?

JMO

I am wondering, too, if Matthew possibly OD'd at Lewek's house... Lewek panicked... Then moved Matthew to the backyard to try to bury/hide the body...

I still wonder who made the initial report of finding the body?

I wonder if we will ever know who made the initial report?

JMO

That's what I'm leaning toward too...Matthew OD'd and Lewek moved the body to the backyard. Hard to believe he wouldn't think it through anymore than that, and just leave the body at a property he owns, but criminals aren't always smart.

I'm very curious about who made the initial report too. I doubt we'll ever know though, as I'm sure that info was given in confidence so that the informant would feel safer giving the info. I wonder *how* that person knew about the body...were they involved somehow, or there when whatever happened happened (so redundant but I could think of another way to phrase it)? Could them giving the info possibly be part of a plea bargain? There's just not much info to go on right now.

Matthew's mother and family had to suffer this long because this DB didn't want to lose his cocaine business?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back