GUILTY NY - Matthew Straton, 31, Rochester, 28 Oct 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bumping - court documents at link

O/T... but... Tiki... DH and I adopted a retriever-mix puppy from Best Friends Animal Society on December 31, 2013, in Kanab! UT.... She is 3 months old today! :skip:

Best Friends Animal Society is like a resort for all different kinds of animals... Wonderful people and place...

:sunshine:

The family held an impromptu vigil last night.
There is a vigil being organized for tonight.

update: vigil postponed due to ongoing evidence collection at the crime scene.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20140117/NEWS01/301170028

Lewek, a psychiatrist, confessed to hiding the body beneath a patio chair and a pile of debris, grass, and dirt, Rochester Police Investigator Randy Benjamin alleged in court papers.

Also, according to sources knowledgeable of the investigation, Lewek allegedly informed someone else about the remains, and that led to a tip to police...

“Matt has never mentioned this man to me at all,” said Kym Straton, who was at the arraignment with a number of relatives. “ ... How he met this man I have no idea.”

When the vigil was planned, they had unblocked the streets and were letting traffic through. I was down there today to get blood drawn and tried to cut through without thinking, because one of the side streets takes me right up to where I needed to go minus the rush hour traffic and it was all completely blocked off again. Not sure if it was because they had the utility companies there to supervise digging or what, but it is a mess.

This is so sad. Half of my friends were friends with Matt, and my mom went to high school with his dad and uncles/aunts.

For what it's worth, I lived in the Monroe/Goodman area right by Marks up until 2010, and I always felt, as a woman, completely safe there at night. Even walking.

http://www.13wham.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/police-complete-rowley-street-search-8896.shtml

Investigators carried dozens of boxes of evidence from the home at 37 Rowley Street Friday, a couple hours before police announced they had completed a thorough search of the property...

The District Attorney could file additional charges once the toxicology report comes back, but that could take at least three weeks. Without a full report from the medical examiner, police would not comment or speculate on the cause of death.

I know this is gross, but I wonder if they were able to discern more about the body due to the extremely cold temps. I wonder how much decomp took place before they found it.

I know this is gross, but I wonder if they were able to discern more about the body due to the extremely cold temps. I wonder how much decomp took place before they found it.

Actually... I think that is a natural question to ask as we wait for results of the autopsy so as to find COD... MOD... and who the perp is...

All so that Justice is served...

JMO

I know a few addiction therapists. 2 work in substance abuse, the other 2 work in eating disorders. The former have battled their own drug issues and decided that is where they most wanted to focus. One has since relapsed and probably still uses as he treats patients. The other 2, who work with folks with eating disorders, both had pretty bad eating disorders themselves before going into this field. As the latter explained to me, they are in recovery, but will always struggle with this "issue."

My point is that it does not strike me as that ironic that this addiction counselor would likewise be using (and perhaps even more than just that).

Doesn't add much to the discussion, but I just wasn't that surprised as it unfolded. Sorry for you and yours, Matthew...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back