GUILTY NY - MJ, 12, abducted, Hudson Falls, 26 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it just me? Opening up WS each morning gets tougher and tougher each day. I’m afraid what I’m gonna read next. I was still passing notes in class and playing football with the neighborhood kids in the front yard when I was 12. Some days, I wish we could all go back and live on Walton’s Mountain with John Boy and Mary Ellen.

Is it just me? Opening up WS each morning gets tougher and tougher each day. I’m afraid what I’m gonna read next. I was still passing notes in class and playing football with the neighborhood kids in the front yard when I was 12. Some days, I wish we could all go back and live on Walton’s Mountain with John Boy and Mary Ellen.
Same here. I totally relate. However, I lived in a nice countrified area growing up with lots of woods to explore and games like you mentioned were played- tag, hide and seek, flag football. Even Barbies were still played at the age of 12. It saddens me to see these young girls so grown up looking at an age where I was still skinning my knees and had mud all over me from the outdoors. Reality though was probably there were girls like this all along, but we just weren't aware of them in our quiet and sleepy towns.

That said, I pray she is found safe very soon. I have to work today, but will check on the progress of her search later on tonight when I get home. Hopefully she will be found safe and sound by the time I get back.

Hudson Falls was a pretty, tiny town when I went there many times as a child, to visit grandparents, aunts, cousins etc...where both my parents grew up. I have not been there since 2008 but even then it was so much different...not in a good way. :( much like many small towns in the US. But, seeing how she “met” these perps online, that doesn’t even matter anymore...you could live in Oz or downtow in a major city and face the same risk.

Hudson Falls was a pretty, tiny town when I went there many times as a child, to visit grandparents, aunts, cousins etc...where both my parents grew up. I have not been there since 2008 but even then it was so much different...not in a good way. :( much like many small towns in the US. But, seeing how she “met” these perps online, that doesn’t even matter anymore...you could live in Oz or downtow in a major city and face the same risk.
Exactly. Well said.

Where would a 12 year old stay the night in a big city? Does she know people there? Ugh I’m so worried for her.
I don’t know why, but I fear the answer is no. I’m afraid she was just dumped more or less to fend for herself. Money? Probably not. Omg, my granddaughter is eleven. I can’t even imagine!

I have so many questions about the sighting in Staten Island. Primarily who saw her there and how it was confirmed.

I read that they picked up Torres and the vehicle in SI so...

1. Are the suspect(s) the ones who say they last saw her/dropped her off there?

2. Did a member of LE spot her and/or them there? If so, they must not have been together or else they would’ve rescued her then.

3. Did a citizen report her or them as being there? If so, were they together then?

4. Have they confirmed the sighting with surveillance or is this just an eye witness? Of course they would not just randomly choose the SI Ferry camera to view (and get so lucky) without reason to do so.

So many questions!

NYPD: Girl has reached out to family that she is safe and not coming home
According to reports out of New York City, the NYPD said MJ has contacted her family to let them know she is safe but “not coming home.” Local police would not comment on the report at this time.

He was initially charged solely with the misdemeanor overnight, but the kidnapping charge was added later Friday. He was arraigned before Washington County Judge Kelly McKeighan and sent to Washington County Jail for lack of bail. Wheeled into court in a wheelchair, he spoke quietly only to acknowledge his name and address and that he understood his rights.

Washington County First Assistant District Attorney Christian Morris said the case is considered kidnapping because of the child's age, even with her consent to accompany the defendant.

"Even by acquiescence, she can not consent," Morris said.

Torres' lawyer, Washington County Public Defender Michael Mercure, said his client is a college graduate who works for the state in New York City and has no criminal record. The car Torres drove was registered to his father in Pennsylvania.

Mercure said that MJ told his client that she was 18, a senior in high school and wanted a ride to New York City to see her father. He said his client fully cooperated with police, and did not kidnap the girl.”
Police charge NYC man with kidnapping in missing Hudson Falls girl case

Last edited by a moderator:
The Washington County Sheriff's Office announced shortly after 1 p.m. that MJ was safe, and had been located by law enforcement officers in New York City. The Amber Alert that had been issued in the case was canceled as well.

It was unclear when she would be returned home, or whether she would face Family Court action in light of her flight from home.

The New York Police Department said MJ had contacted her family Friday morning to let them know she was safe but “not coming home.”

Police: Hudson Falls girl found safe

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee