GUILTY NY - MJ, 12, abducted, Hudson Falls, 26 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! Thank God they found her. The Staten Island Ferry on the Manhattan side is right at the tip of Manhattan near the financial district, right next to the ferries out to the Statute of Liberty. There are cameras everywhere. There's also always a very heavy police presence down there due to the landmark buildings and the NYSE building. I'm so happy she was found safe! I hope she can talk to some counselors through NYPD to see why she said she doesn't want to go home.

Hi neighbor!

I read one article late last night that authorities are now leaning toward this being a runaway and that she may have gone with the men willingly. Of course she is still in danger especially at just 12. I’ll look around and see if I can find that article again.

Update: I can’t find the article at the moment so take the above statement as hearsay. Possible it has been redacted.
Howdy back at ya! I am SO happy she's been found safe. It's nice to see good news now and then :) I hope she'll have loving support from family/friends to iron out whatever her situation at home was.

And as a college graduate, state employee, he KNEW better! You don't take someone's child!

NYPD: Girl has reached out to family that she is safe and not coming home
According to reports out of New York City, the NYPD said MJ has contacted her family to let them know she is safe but “not coming home.” Local police would not comment on the report at this time.

He was initially charged solely with the misdemeanor overnight, but the kidnapping charge was added later Friday. He was arraigned before Washington County Judge Kelly McKeighan and sent to Washington County Jail for lack of bail. Wheeled into court in a wheelchair, he spoke quietly only to acknowledge his name and address and that he understood his rights.

Washington County First Assistant District Attorney Christian Morris said the case is considered kidnapping because of the child's age, even with her consent to accompany the defendant.

"Even by acquiescence, she can not consent," Morris said.

Torres' lawyer, Washington County Public Defender Michael Mercure, said his client is a college graduate who works for the state in New York City and has no criminal record. The car Torres drove was registered to his father in Pennsylvania.

Mercure said that MJ told his client that she was 18, a senior in high school and wanted a ride to New York City to see her father. He said his client fully cooperated with police, and did not kidnap the girl.”
Police charge NYC man with kidnapping in missing Hudson Falls girl case

Last edited by a moderator:
Accused kidnapper rejects plea deal
FORT EDWARD — The New York City teen who was accused of kidnapping a Hudson Falls girl last fall, setting off a massive manhunt and Amber Alert, rejected a plea deal offer Wednesday that would require him to plead guilty to the weightiest charge and serve a minimum of 5 years in state prison.
[...]
Trial in the case has been set to begin April 1.

Torres was in court Friday with a new lawyer, John Murphy III of Staten Island, as he learned that the Washington County District Attorney’s Office had modified a plea deal offer.

The offer was not rejected, as Murphy told McKeighan he did not know enough about the case yet to advise his client.

Washington County First Assistant District Attorney Christian Morris said the offer would remain open until an April 4 pre-trial hearing.

Torres is free on bail pending further court action.

Trial postponed in Hudson Falls kidnapping case as lawyer departs

admin note:
Please use the initials MJ when posting about the victim in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back