GUILTY NY - Nixzmary Brown, 7, beaten to death in Brooklyn, 11 Jan 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
trial begins today, I think her defence may be battered womans syndrome and possible post traumatic shock

Hmmm-she would be better off with post-partum psychosis...but it worked for Hedda, so perhaps...

I have no sympathy for this woman. She stood by and LET Caesar molest, abuse and torture her daughter and did not intervene and then had the nerve to defend him and say she still loves him.

Nixmary's death brought attention to the gross negligence of child services in NYC for awhile. Unfortunately, it seems things have gone back to the same old issues.

This whole "shout out" thing, or I guess here they call it "outcry", where a child has to tell a social worker, when asked, that abuse is going on is just . . . unfair.

I have to agree with you here from personal experience. My father was a evil drunk. I was beat severely for years, and it was obvious I would have the counselors at my school basically begging me to tell them so they could do something about it, cause with out me giving them the ok, there was nothing they could do.

Granted once I finally did it didn't do much good since the person that they sent out from DHS was an old high school buddy of my father's that came to the school AFTER having a meeting with my father only to tell me that he had known my dad his entire life and he would never be capable of what I said. I was quite obviously a sick person that was trying to make trouble for my dad to get attention, and if he ever heard of me trying something like that again that I would be in serious trouble.

Needless to say when I got home I got a "talking to" from good old dad as well.

Pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't. I finally just ran away when I was 16. FIgured it was a good time to get out when the sone Janie's got a gun started sounding like a good idea LOL

I think he they realised that it would be a very hard sell to alledge that a woman would be jealous of her daughters sexual abuse by her partner, no matter how deficient in parenting skills the mother was,

I think he they realised that it would be a very hard sell to alledge that a woman would be jealous of her daughters sexual abuse by her partner, no matter how deficient in parenting skills the mother was,

I understand what you are saying but it may very well be the truth-hopefully it can be worked in somewhere...

Thank you for the link, JJ. I think the question of a higher standard is an interesting one, especially from the perspective that the child was mom's bio child and dad's step child. In the eyes of the law he would only be as responsible for her if he adopted her, am I correct? If they were divorced, he would not pay child support for her right?

So I find her mom more morally and legally responsible for ending her abuse at the hands of step dad...but she didn't, did she. She abandoned her child long before she died-there are nothing about her actions that indicate "good mothering" at least in my laymen's book....I think the term unsophisticated is a generous statement.

How about a mother who did not give a crap about her beautiful flesh and blood? Who left her suffering, cold and dying...whose last words were calling in vain for an earthy mother who ignored her?

Someone who has grown under your heart should resonate more loudly than anyone you bring into your home or bed, to put it bluntly.

Blood pressure rising, so I gotta sign off....so very very sad.

From November 2008:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ld-nixzmary-brown-died-abuse-article-1.338279

Nixzmary Brown's heartless mother was sentenced to 43 years in jail Wednesday – far longer than the stepdad who savagely beat the 7-year-old – for ignoring her daughter's dying pleas for help.

Nixzaliz Santiago, 30, betrayed no emotion as Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Patricia DiMango slammed her with the maximum for manslaughter and four lesser counts - capping one of the cruelest cases of child abuse in city history.

"You may not have delivered the fatal blow, but... it was in your power to prevent the effects of it," DiMango said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back