NY - Officer Daniel Pantaleo used deadly chokehold on Eric Garner, Staten Island, July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How does anyone who saw the video not hold the police responsible. Beyond disgusting.

I saw nothing in the video that the police did wrong. I had no problem & obviously the GJ didn't either.

do you really think he paid for those cigarettes? if he did, he sure didn't pay 'retail'

1) he wasn't selling cigs for less than the stores otherwise he wouldn't be making a profit as he has to buy these cigs from the stores to begin with.

JMO

<modsnip>

Are you forgetting or maybe don't know that a black sergeant was there while all of this was happening...she's been described in various articles as supervising, to observing. But she didn't step in to stop anything.

(link http://www.laprogressive.com/watching-eric-garner-die/)

He didn't die of the choke hold, he was still breathing - he died of a heart attack. At over 350 lbs, he probably had health issues.

I think the police officer is absolutely responsible for the death of Eric Garner, but I don't think it had anything to do with race.

do you really think he paid for those cigarettes? if he did, he sure didn't pay 'retail'

Yes I do believe he paid for those cigs, and yes I do believe he paid 'retail'.
But really, it doesn't matter what he did or didn't do, what happened to him was over the top.
IMO

Breaking911 &#8207;@Breaking911 2m2 minutes ago
NOT A JOKE: #NYPD officer says HE CANT BREATH, req #EMS forthwith to W 51 St & 8 Ave. #EricGarner #ICantBreathe

Are you forgetting or maybe don't know that a black sergeant was there while all of this was happening...she's been described in various articles as supervising, to observing. But she didn't step in to stop anything.

(link http://www.laprogressive.com/watching-eric-garner-die/)

He didn't die of the choke hold, he was still breathing - he died of a heart attack. At over 350 lbs, he probably had health issues.

I think the police officer is absolutely responsible for the death of Eric Garner, but I don't think it had anything to do with race.

The heart attack was secondary to asphyxia and why do you think he was still breathing? Clearly to me it looked like he was unresponsive and not breathing or at least in serious respiratory distress. What happened to him was wrong (professional error) and what didn't happen as he lay on the pavement dying before our eyes was negligent (professional omission)
IMO

The heart attack was secondary to asphyxia and why do you think he was still breathing? Clearly to me it looked like he was unresponsive and not breathing or at least in serious respiratory distress. What happened to him was wrong (professional error) and what didn't happen as he lay on the pavement dying before our eyes was negligent (professional omission)
IMO

Widely reported he died at the hospital not at the scene.
They called for an ambulance (not negligence)

Do not bring race or politics into the discussion... please and thank you.

Widely reported he died at the hospital not at the scene.
They called for an ambulance (not negligence)

I agree died at the hospital. But that doesn't change anything.
I am not sure what is required of LE in NYC with regards to provided basic life support but they certainly could have done more and with a little more urgency. So there could be negligence in their part for that I am not sure but certainly there is negligence on the part of EMS. They were fired for a reason. IMO

I am not sure what is required of LE in NYC with regards to provided basic life support but they certainly could have done more and with a little more urgency. So there could be negligence in their part for that I am not sure but certainly there is negligence on the part of EMS. They were fired for a reason. IMO

Lots of assumptions in this post - while certain of negligence.
My understanding is they were suspended while an investigation occurred.
If he was breathing, they wouldn't perform cpr
and if he was bleeding from the mouth, I'm not sure they would
maybe an EMT can chime in.

9 of the 31 arrests were for selling untaxed cigs per Hannity on FOX.

The arrests go back to the 1980s &#8212; for assault, resisting arrest, and grand larceny, according to the Wall Street Journal. According to the Advance, when police stopped Garner, he had three pending criminal charges against him for holding or selling loosies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/12/04/friends-eric-garner-was-a-gentle-giant/

This all happened because he did NOT want to be arrested yet again (and the struggle ensued). If he didn't like getting arrested then maybe he shouldn't have been a career criminal (a career criminal with 6 children to boot).

He made the choices that lead to his death, if he had chosen to put his hands behind his back when told to he would probably still be alive.

Ok fair enough he may have been selling cigs illegally.
IF that was resisting arrest and that is how LE is allowed to deal with someone acting the way EG did, then it needs to change and apparently I ain't the only one who believes that, LE included. Things are about to change big time , and it is long overdue IMO.

I think the one thing everyone is forgetting is he was breaking the law!! I think the message should be get an education, get a job, so you dont have to resort to breaking the law to provide for you and your family and these things wont happen. In every one of these cases the people killed were CRIMINALS, I dont see how people can protest the police were just doing there jobs getting one less off the street.

EG mother claims this as a "thrill Killing".

There was nothing for LE to do. He was breathing so no CPR was required.

There was nothing for LE to do. He was breathing so no CPR was required.

Again, why do you think he was breathing? And you can provide rescue breathing to someone who s breathing but in respiratory distress. He was UNRESPONSIVE for at least 6 minutes, do you think he fell asleep?

Lots of assumptions in this post - while certain of negligence.
My understanding is they were suspended while an investigation occurred.
If he was breathing, they wouldn't perform cpr
and if he was bleeding from the mouth, I'm not sure they would
maybe an EMT can chime in.

No I made no assumptions, the only assumption that is being made here is that he was breathing. Didn't look like he was breathing to me, and I assess breathing patterns in people as part of my profession. There were many many things that could have been done for him to increase his chances of living. If you don't believe me, bookmark this post and we will revisit after the lawsuit is settled.

"I fought the law.......and the law won"

Per CNN just now Garner was an asthmatic and the chokehold combined with his weight and asthma did cause his death. They also reported Pantaleo has been sued in the past and cases settled out of court. I hope the Feds nail his a$$!!!

Per CNN just now Garner was an asthmatic and the chokehold combined with his weight and asthma did cause his death. They also reported Pantaleo has been sued in the past and cases settled out of court. I hope the Feds nail his a$$!!!

Yes, that was all reported and linked here yesterday. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche
Back