NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might imply the prep is right handed and stabbing OP to her left.

Also the youtube video below has a clear image from 0.30 seconds onwards if you watch at 0.25x speed. You can clearly see the prep is pulling the bag using the right hand and has a backpack and carrying something on his left hand. (Note at first it looks like he is pulling with his left hand but as he walks past the camera, clearly shows he is using his right hand to pull the bag)

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that! I was wondering if they switched arms bc one was getting tired. I went back and forth on it with my finger trying to figure out why it looked like left but was definitely right when the back was in full view.

She seems to take all of her selfies with her right hand, which leads me to believe that is her dominant hand. (Pics from her FB)

View attachment 340581 View attachment 340582

Actually, she is likely taking those with her left hand. She is probably using her front camera, which takes inverted images. See for yourself, if you take a selfie with your left hand, your left hand appears on the left side of the photo. That is unless you went into your camera settings to make the front camera not invert, which I do not think is a common thing people do.

That being said, I don't think figuring out what hand is her dominant will help.

You are so right! It's the extended video shown above that shows he's carrying something in the left hand and using his right to pull the bag. The previous shorter video clips seemed to indicate the opposite. Great example of how you can go astray on limited information...

That’s a great version of the video!

If you look closely, he’s not carrying something in his left hand, or holding something under his left arm, it’s actually a bag of some sort, maybe a duffle bag, a bag with a strap that is over his shoulder, you can see he is loosely holding it close to his body with his left arm but it still moves with his stride, front to back. Anyone else see this too?

Also, FWIW there is a some sort of sign in the front landscaping bed on Google Street View (appears to be the same car in driveway, hope links works):

Google Maps

Can't make out or recognize the brand...might even be a lawn service or something, but placement signifies security to me. Haven't been able to tell if it's still there now, or come up with a logical investigative reason why it might be taken down. Doesn't tell us much I guess but trying to work with what we've got. Opinion.
If you pan to the house to their left (well, left from our perspective), they have a similar one that I think says "Lisena Landscaping" - so maybe helping their landscapers advertise their work.

Attachments

• lisena.png
    lisena.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 39
I have continued to wonder if the things removed by the killer were data and data storage devices. Could she have been being blackmailed? I am sure LE is looking at accounts and doing forensic financial analysis on their accounts. If the killer was not cleaning up blood then they were trying to clean digital footprints possibly.

Is it possible that whoever killed her removed the body because they knew the son was home and didn’t want him to find/see his mom? Is this killer someone who also has kids? Maybe that’s reaching.

After watching the video again I was just thinking the same thing. Now I’m thinking that it might be a woman.

If you look closely, he’s not carrying something in his left hand, or holding something under his left arm, it’s actually a bag of some sort, maybe a duffle bag, a bag with a strap that is over his shoulder, you can see he is loosely holding it close to his body with his left arm but it still moves with his stride, front to back. Anyone else see this too?
Hmm, I'm seeing it, still, as something dark in his left hand, and a backpack like a sling style on his back. 2 different things. Anyone else?

I see a backpack or something, too. I wonder what was inside. Why not put the bloody boots in the backpack instead of throwing them in the trash?

Very rarely here and normally a lurker but wanted to share one thought. Why drop the roller bag and body in the open?

It possible that the murderer wanted to drop it in the woods near but one or both wheels brought due to the weight, uneven ground and bumps. Bag wheels typically are not designed for heavy weight and this type of environment.

Pulling the bags with one or more broken wheels would be almost impossible. Also, dragging the bag directly on the concrete would have quickly destroyed the bag. Just a few thoughts …

Why move body at all? Concerns of DNA trace evidence from the killer being left on body.

I was wondering if a disgruntled murderer who is enraged is "dumping her on the street, like trash as a final insult. I agree, not rational but a decision fueled by emotion.

I'm sure we have all seen crime photos on tv or print, where attempts have been made to clean up blood. Cleaning up blood is like cleaning up grease...the more you wipe, the more it smears. Any attempt to clean up the scene at that house probably resulted, or would have resulted, in it looking even more like a slaughterhouse than it surely already did. JMO

If only cases were like the fictional crime dramas, solved in 42 minutes, after taking out commercials.

Trying to piece together what exactly happened, from news reports and rumors, is frustrating and often inaccurate.

The big question I have is why the killer needed to remove OG's body from her house? At 4:30am when the killer is seen on a nest cam rolling the duffel bag down the sidewalk, that means the killer was in her house, with her body for hours.
No body, no crime?

Also, FWIW there is a some sort of sign in the front landscaping bed on Google Street View (appears to be the same car in driveway, hope links works):

Google Maps

Can't make out or recognize the brand...might even be a lawn service or something, but placement signifies security to me. Haven't been able to tell if it's still there now, or come up with a logical investigative reason why it might be taken down. Doesn't tell us much I guess but trying to work with what we've got. Opinion.

Their next door neighbor has a similarly sized and placed sign that is for a landscaping company, so it could be a landscaping service. Jmo

Bringing this back for those that are new and those who may have missed it:

MOD NOTE:

MANY posts were removed.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed. This includes the social media of those people not declared a Person or Interest or suspect.

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

This thread is not about what kind of music you like or don't, what you would do or wouldn't. A woman has been murdered, and her family members are grieving.

Please think before you post. Time-outs and thread bans will be issued if necessary.

I have continued to wonder if the things removed by the killer were data and data storage devices. Could she have been being blackmailed? I am sure LE is looking at accounts and doing forensic financial analysis on their accounts. If the killer was not cleaning up blood then they were trying to clean digital footprints possibly.

Unless LE has camera evidence from the residence and is holding it close to the chest . . . I'm thinking that the data from the cameras had to have been removed from the residence. In other words, the perp walked out with a DVR. If the cameras were cloud-based the investigation would presumably be at a much further stage, because the cloud cannot be removed/taken by a perp. MOO

This passage suggests to me that LE might not have camera evidence from the residence:

The son was soon after released. The NYPD supervisor said this was in part because police had recovered surveillance video of a figure who was clearly not the son pulling the wheeled hockey bag along what was becoming the blood trail shortly after 4 a.m.

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag

JMO

I see a backpack or something, too. I wonder what was inside. Why not put the bloody boots in the backpack instead of throwing them in the trash?

It makes no sense, throwing them in the trash, right there at the crime scene! Why bother removing them from the inside of the house at all?

Some details of this case have me wondering if there aren’t two or even multiple people involved, despite LE seeming to project that they are focused on only one poi.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member