NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah and forgot to explain why I started thinking that maybe the perp cleaned up many traces of dna of themselves.
Because of the LE thinking they might get dna from the shoes. And since it's been a few days without Person of interest or suspect (officially). So maybe they managed to erase their dna better than at least I would have thought.

I do have faith in the LE that they will solve this, and probably soon.

<modsnip>

I have not read that RK is back at home. Is there a link for that, please? It just seems there would be necessary restorations required first. There's possible flooring to replace and a thorough cleaning and painting of the walls and ceilings, etal that need to be performed to make the home suitable for living in again. Since his lovely wife was murdered in the home, would the remaining three of them want to continue to reside in it while the killer knows where they live and has threatened to kill all of them?

Nyugodj békében Orsolya

Last edited by a moderator:
All conjecture-based thoughts here...they don't really go anywhere great but anyway...

1) I leave my 13 yo home alone for the evening and I have an "extensive security system" in a nice neighborhood. Would I arm it to keep unwanted visitors out and to keep them in? Assuming it's in a functioning order.

2) Homes that I've been in with more advanced security systems "ding" pretty loud when exterior doors are opened and closed. We used to resent that functionality as kids when having a sleepovers at those houses b/c we could never sneak out (dating myself that was decades ago), but what do modern advanced security systems do? Do they still "ding" or push notifications to phones or flicker lights? I could see a system be set to unarmed if the victim didn't want to be monitored while the other half is away, but maybe not at the expense of the safety of the minor inside? And wouldn't be set active as soon as I return to an almost empty house? I would hope modern systems can be activated remotely, maybe Dad could tell is was offline or "dinging"?

3) If they know the family and that dad+1 are MIA, how do they know the little dog won't alert like crazy and wake the neighbors/household within 30 seconds? Maybe the boarding, if that's even true, was common knowledge, but to whom?

Family electrician of murdered Queens mother says her home had cameras

This whole case reminds me of the Setagaya family murder case Japan 2000. The whole family was murdered but it was felt the mom was the target, she was covered up by the perpetrator and that was thought to show regret, as he didnt show the same consideration for the husband and 2 young kids. Their home was also attached to the home of relative (possibly grandma?) who didnt hear a thing either, and she found the bodies the next morning. DNA all over the place but never caught. Perps bloody clothing left in the home and he took the husbands clothes, he also left his faeces there! The perp was thought to be a young male based on "witnesses" and DNA, possibly a student of the mom or a young skateboarder she had an argument with. This perp also stayed in the home for hours afterwards, ate their food (ice cream?), used their computer and possibly used their washing machine? Its thought to be someone that knew the family but probably in a limited capacity, and felt wronged in some way. I could definitely see this being a similar case where a young man, or teenager, has been rebuffed by OG and he has attacked her later in fury. I just hope this one is actually identified, unlike the Setagaya one.

The time of her death (reported) and the time seen leaving the local bar (also reported) seem almost to overlap. Wouldn't this lead to belief she was killed immediately as she walked into the house? If someone followed closely behind, that should have been captured on some surveillance along the way. Possibly the killer was already in the house waiting. The "handyman/lover", a friend of her son's who son thought had left but had remained behind for some reason, a neighbor who also knew of key location? JMO

A lot of unnamed sources making a lot of unsubstantiated claims in this case. What has LE actually said?

She died somewhere around 12:40 am, They have video at 4:30am of the person carrying her in the duffle toward the park, 2 people called them to report the bag at ~8-8:30am, she was stabbed dozens of times, perhaps close to 60, she had defensive wounds, there is blood on the first floor and basement at least, they took the son into custody but released him quickly, they are looking for a few male contacts that she was communicating with, they haven't been able to speak with one of them, a handyman, there was no sign of forced entry, they recovered bloody boots at the scene; that is pretty much it. The rest has come from unnamed sources and may or may not be true. We watched on video them searching upstairs and removing items, possibly a PC from the home.

What does it mean?

-Somehow they know the time of death accurately enough to say 12:40 vs between 1am and 4am (if that is a fitness tracker they have access to her phone/apps)

-They know the son didn't do this (do they have enough video to exclude him, no blood in or up to his room, other alibi?)

-They have access to her phone contacts and texts (do they have her phone or just her records?)

-They can't find one of the male contacts but curiously don't need the public's help because they aren't releasing his name (this is incriminating on the face of it but he could also be on vacation and they must not be 100% sure he is involved)

-They have spoken to the other male contacts and are not concerned about them.

-they have confirmed what she was doing that night, who she was with, has questioned them, and are not concerned.

What are they not doing-

Searching the whole park, the backyards, or anywhere else (at least the press isn't onto it)
Executing search warrants at other locations
Asking for the public's help in locating anyone
Giving press conferences or written statements

This usually means they have a good idea what happened, who was involved, and are doing the legwork to put everything together

Fingers crossed...

ADMIN NOTE

If your goal is to close this thread to discussion, then by all means, continue violating the TOS AND quoting posts that are in violation of the TOS, and you will accomplish that goal.

If however, you would like the thread to remain open, THEN until/unless LE names a family member as a suspect/POI, please DO NOT:
- accuse or insinuate involvement by a family member.
- sleuth a family, even if it is from an approved source.
- discuss a family member’s music tastes.

Members that continue to make posts that will result in closing the thread for cleanup are being issued Time Outs.

It is as simple as that.

Queens Mother in Duffel Bag: Man in Custody in Orsolya Gaal Death – NBC New York
''Information on the individual in custody wasn't immediately available, but sources have said investigators were focusing on one person who knew Orsolya Gaal and had access to her Forest Hills home. That's likely why there were no signs of forced entry.

Police have not released the name of the man or how he may have known the 51-year-old Gaal. She was last seen alive nearly a week ago at the Forest Hills Station House, a gathering spot popular with locals. A manager at the gastropub said Gaal always wore a smile, dined alone and was kind to employees — and said she was there on Friday night, around 11:45 p.m. until 12:30 a.m.''

Why slay of Orsolya Gaal probably wasn't planned: sources (nypost.com)
orsoyla-gaal-slaying-235.jpg

The suspect placed Gaal’s body in her son’s hockey duffle bag.
orsoyla-gaal-slaying-228.jpg

orsoyla-gaal-slaying-232.jpg

queens-mom-alone-bar-12.jpg

Orsolya Gaal suspect - Google Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics