NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if there is video of him leaving, shouldn’t there be video of him getting there? And her coming home?
There's video of the perp from a neighbor's doorbell cam. We don't know that the perp arrived to the residence via the same route (in reverse). And we don't know that OG crossed this neighbor's cam in her route home.

If she had exterior security cameras (which I'm going to assume she did) wouldn't they have captured the killer near or at the property?
Welcome to WS 3otter! I think we posted similar things at the same time!

Assuming there were exterior security cameras and they were functional, they should have captured the killer near or at the property as you suggest. Either LE has this footage but has not released it or even alluded to it (even with all the leaks in this case) or perhaps the perp somehow destroyed this evidence, such as walking off with the DVR, if it was a DVR system. MOO

I haven't seen the reports that said she arrived home with a man. Do you happen to have a link?

Many MSM reports a few days ago were reporting that she told her son she was going to a show but instead went out with a man and returned home. I’m assuming it was just bad reporting at this point. The media has really spun this case like crazy.
https://newslink7.com/new-york-city-queens-mother-met-up-with-
man-who-killed-her-in-the-basement-killer-texts-her-husband-your-whole-family-is-next-orsolya-gaal/

If the killer was someone she communicated with earlier in the day/evening, they could have tried to throw suspicion away from themselves, including with a text to the husband.

I don’t understand why he would send the texts. It doesn’t fit in being a unplanned heat of the moment crime to send the texts.
I’m suspicious of the texts sent to the husband. It almost seems like a way to give the husband enough info that he could give police a person of interest. All while using it to deflect from the real killer and to railroad whoever the guy was that she sent to jail. Idk gotta go to bed. So many thought.

people smarter then I figure that the cops got such a precise death time because of a fit bit or something similar?....is there a way to stop a fit bit without the person dying?...as in if it got slammed against the floor and broke?....I have no idea how these things work......but an awful lot of assumptions are based on that precise time......what if it wrong?

I wasn't reading the time from the bar person as being an exact time, just an approximate one. Whereas I feel the TOD that has been published is more accurate, likely based on a fitbit or similar, home security system,....

Also, perhaps a stretch, but could the younger son have come across the scene at some point, been severely threatened, forced to stay upstairs until a specified time, maybe left alive with a specific message for his dad? I know that doesn't entirely fit with the text messages to the dad but ....

Video news report:

From 1:23-1:25 there appears to be a circular decal in the glass portion of the front door. This might be a home security decal of some sort. JMO

You can see the decal on the glass portion of the front door at a closer angle in this news report at 1:51-1:53. It doesn't look like a home security decal to me. Anybody have any idea what this decal is?

Also in this same video notice the camera over the neighbor's shoulder at the neighbor's residence. 1:19-1:24. This is where you'd expect a camera to be placed at the victim's residence to monitor the front door, yet I don't see any camera there at the victim's residence.

And no cameras visible to monitor the side door entrance. See video 1:44-1:49.

Summary: no evidence of security system sign/decal at residence. No sign of external cameras.

MOO

Last edited:
Lol, me too. This whole thing makes perfect sense if you're talking about the younger child committing it, and zero sense if the killer is an adult outsider.

That's exactly what we appear to have here though, which is precisely why I'm so intrigued. I've never followed anything remotely like this.

Let me count the ways:

Overkill with 60 stab wounds including to the trachea, neck, her left arm and hands

Killer had access to the family home

Killer wastes no time in stabbing 51yo victim to death within minutes upon her arriving home

Killer apparently does not disturb youngest 13yo son who's inside the home

Killer was able to use victim's phone to send 'threatening' text message to victim's husband

Killer tossed his bloody boots onto kitchen counter into a trash can in the garage of the victim's home

Killer possibly folds victim into a fetal position and knowingly stuffs her into a hockey duffel bag

Killer wheels bloody victim inside the duffel bag down several blocks from her home only to abandon it on the sidewalk

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH! I'm going crazy lurking here for the past two days now! So crazy that I went ahead and did what I never do, and that is start a profile and post on some sort of social media. But, guys....PEOPLE!

I KNOW some of you are reading the local news reports (only, and not the gossipy stuff) and so you would have seen the very thing that I saw, in answer to the hundreds of queries regarding that "curious rectangular object" ALSO being dragged down the street under the arm of that waif person caught on video (i.e. purse/backpack/tablet/cell phone/bag of devious tools/&ct) ...

<modsnip>
ETA: I have NO clue (only speculations) what that could mean. But I bet some of you regular sleuthers would know the value of this tidbit. I only know that no one (that I've yet seen on here in days) has brought this up. I think it's key to the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
people smarter then I figure that the cops got such a precise death time because of a fit bit or something similar?....is there a way to stop a fit bit without the person dying?...as in if it got slammed against the floor and broke?....I have no idea how these things work......but an awful lot of assumptions are based on that precise time......what if it wrong?

Fitbit watches track your heart beat. Readings and reports can be requested by LE from Fitbit and associated 3rd parties. It will show at what time it stopped tracking a heart beat, which could indicate one of the following:

1. Wearer of Fitbit watch deceased, time of drop of heart beat = time of death
  2. Fitbit watch was taken off (I always take off my Apple Watch before I go to bed)
  3. Fitbit ran out of battery (can be easily corroborated by other indicators in the watch reports)
Hope this helps! :)

This whole case is odd-the leaks, kid asleep until the cops bust in, an odd now deleted tweet on a mostly business account, placing OG at concerts that didn’t happen, in a bar where she wasn’t, supposed affairs, one grainy video, and now, bloody boots. Whatever happened, LE has tons of much better video of the person carrying OG through the neighborhood, and a lot more digital data that shows everyone’s movements. Is there a particular POI here?

A manager at the Forest Hills Station House told The Post on Wednesday that the married mother of two walked in at 11:24 p.m., had her “usual Moscow mule,” and left alone around 12:30 a.m. Saturday.

A Moscow mule is a cocktail made with vodka, spicy ginger beer and lime juice, garnished with a slice or wedge of lime. The drink is a type of buck and is sometimes called a vodka buck. The Moscow mule is popularly served in a copper mug, which takes on the cold temperature of the liquid.

April 20, 2022 5:47pm
NYC cops hope bloody boots help ID Orsolya Gaal's killer: source

The Forest Hills Station House is .5 miles to the victim's home or a ten minute walk.
Maps

Queens mom Orsolya Gaal sat alone at local bar before she was slain: sources

Just an observation that "apparently waiting for someone" could be a misinterpretation of looking out for someone or waiting for the "coast to clear". Not that I necessarily buy that... but who knows.

Also, about a basement being a private location, I live in a pretty similar house (built the same year, tudor, etc.) and when I'm in the basement doing laundry with the light on at night, I always feel somewhat exposed in those little basement windows by anyone outside under the cover of darkness.

Haven't seen any info on layout/remodel, or maybe curtains in the windows (I have some in a few key windows, but they can still be semi-transparent in the right conditions).

Anyways, I wouldn't (as a perp) be so keen to spend hours down there either potentially on display, if the setup is similar. And I surely can't imagine being down there in the dark, esp. in these circumstances... but this a person who brazenly marched through the neighborhood with the bag in tow too. Just trying to envision some details. MOO.

Last edited:
Fitbit watches track your heart beat. Readings and reports can be requested by LE from Fitbit and associated 3rd parties. It will show at what time it stopped tracking a heart beat, which could indicate one of the following:
  1. Wearer of Fitbit watch deceased, time of drop of heart beat = time of death
  2. Fitbit watch was taken off (I always take off my Apple Watch before I go to bed)
  3. Fitbit ran out of battery (can be easily corroborated by other indicators in the watch reports)
Hope this helps! :)

MOO this is what I believe could explain some things.

I do not believe there has been no arrest for a lack of evidence but rather the opposite. Once a suspect has been arrested there is a limited time frame in which to charge or release, if there’s a lot of evidence which I imagine there is given the lack of planning I perceive and also the sloppiness in many areas then I believe we could be looking at multiple fingerprints, handprints, footprints, hair, DNA I.e maybe perp blood, theres also tech evidence, the phone, the pc, any laptops etc, the multitudes I imagine of camera footage all of this takes time to build a solid case for charge.

Many elements used for the crime were found at the scene which in turn provides much evidence to process not only to determine perp DNA but to separate from members of the home, if they didn’t want to ask them for DNA this could involve further processing of toothbrushes, hairbrushes, discarded trash etc.

If they do suspect someone from within the home, there is at no point before they are ready a NEED to arrest just yet, with the apparent threats to the family LE are probably aware at all times where the family are with legitimate reasoning of protection and could have them under surveillance anyway.

LE could be monitoring calls and texts made by anyone they suspect to see if anything incriminating is said after the fact.
The tidbits released to media may be red herrings so as not to raise suspicion with who they suspect before they’re ready to charge as said person is clearly capable of irrational impulsive behaviour which may not be a threat to public but maybe so to close people or self. Whether that is someone inside of the home or another individual ie a lover/handyman/friend etc.

Again a few points that I've had:

Thinking about that time spent at the house. The approx. 3,5 hours. Like what there is to do.
1) Maybe tried to clean up blood on 1st floor, after taking the body to the basement. Since that is most likely where the son could find it. Well yeah, that ain't that easy, so, perhaps plan b was trying to destroy evidence of themself.
2) The Laundry room in the basement is pretty much perfect, since there is most likely clothes, bleach and a shower (if the 'engineer' is to be believed). Also there is a drain, maybe a hose, or the shower can be used to just throw bleach and wash some of that blood with their own dna down the drain (or maybe they took the victim straight to the shower).
3) They could have just been moving between the basement and the first floor, getting rubber gloves from the cleaning supplies, got a beanie/hat, a big hoodie, pants and those boots from the house.
4) About those boots; There are 3 males living there, to choose the closest size. They could be using the basement as a place where they all walk straight with dirty shoes, they could restore the winterboots there. Or then the hungarian habits have stuck, as I am also european, and most of the countries I've been (at least half of whats there) do take shoes off at the door. So they could just pick ones for only cleaning, pour in some bleach and throw to the trash. then change to another pair when leaving. clothes aswell. then throw all bloody dna-clothes to the backpack.

Maybe the perp is not AS(!) dumb as I've thought. Maybe, just maybe!! Since what if he tried to eliminate his prints (wearing those gloves since hands must have been injured. cleaning the crucial spots with bleach pretty carefully. maybe pouring in what ever substancies could find to the worst bloodparts.
And maybe the laptop-looking thing they are carrying, is the one that stores the camera recordings. If he is known to the victim and the house, he could know that.
Or the victim feels uncomfortable being watched by the bigbrother and turns it off at times. I would. But the laptop could have some other material that had to be removed.

And then I gotta give this perspective, that the perp first of all seems really cocky with this all. There is some actions that seem like panic. But contradicting that some of them are calm and over-confident. It sure gets confusing. But I am starting to feel like they almost seem to be playing a game, as in enjoying of the confuse, being sadistic. With the boots, dumping of the body, the cameras. And mostly because the text is..like having a laugh somehow. So they might get the kicks just stirring the pot.

And so I have a strong feeling, that they have some kind of resentment/hate towards the husband too. Like who really would sent those stupid messages when the only thing that might give them, is to cause more pain to someone whose wife you just murdered. I doubt even only the sadism ain't enough to make someone do that (usually).
So the crime is somewhat towards them both.

And then, I am finally saying out loud, that first of all: I really hope it's some reporting confusion, but...I hope some LE have read the messages. Otherwise too damn weird in a whole new way.
<modsnip>

Sorry it got too long again.. I always try so hard to not write a short story as a comment, but I'm hopeless.

And already know there will be typos and english is my 2nd language so you know

Last edited by a moderator:
The perp dragging the hockey bag, to me, looks bare legged (shorts?
) and wearing too big of shoes, or like clogs, slip ons. There is a reverse image lighting (negative) pic in a nypost article.

If the boots were bloody enough to be carelessly tossed out, the perps pants were surely covered with blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin