DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do my best:

FRIDAY:
6:00PM - OG heads to Lincoln Center to meet friends for a show
11:00PM - OG returns home (seen by neighbor with her dog in back yard)
?:?? - OG spends 40 minutes at a nearby bar seemingly waiting for someone
?:?? - OG returns home again, either with the perp, or having met the perp at home in that timeframe

SATURDAY:
12:40AM - OG murdered on first floor and subsequently brought to basement
4:??AM - Perp leaves through side door with Bauer bag in tow
4:30AM - Perp seen pulling Bauer junior hockey bag containing body and carrying another object down 75th ave towards metropolitan ave
?:?? - Perp leaves bag behind on metropolitan ave
5:??AM - Perp sends text messages to HK threatening his family
8:??AM - A man walking his dogs (bloodhounds, conveniently enough) discovers the bag and the body inside
Great timeline! I found an article that fills in the question marks. She was at a tavern, Forest Hills Station House, from 11:45 pm to 12:30 am.
Queens duffel bag murder mystery leads investigators to Forest Hills Tavern

Again, not adding much to the discussion but there are two very prestigious liberal art colleges in Portland. Reed College and Lewis & Clark.
again, UofO and OSU are hrs away.....and its not a skip and jump either.....did they rent a car?....where did they stay? there are smaller colleges and universities in Portland itself as well as about 30 miles out.....portland state and the university of portland, which is Catholic....

This article includes a better picture of the bag, and it doesn't appear that the wheels are broken (warning: the photo shows blood).

Also, they really couldn't let the 13-year-old put on shoes before taking him to the station?

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag – Daily Beast
<snipped & BBM>
The blood led police through the leafy lanes to the side door of the $2 million Tudor house at 72-24 Juno Street, where 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal lived with her husband and two teenage sons. The police executed an emergency entrance and saw much more blood on the first floor and even more in the basement. The medical examiner would identify the woman in the bag as Gaal and determine she had been stabbed 58 times.

“We think the attack happens on the first floor,” a senior NYPD supervisor familiar with the investigation told The Daily Beast. “We think he then goes to the basement to figure out, you know, how to clean up the mess and get rid of her.”

[...]

Gaal’s husband, 51 year-old Howard Klein, was in another part of the country touring colleges with their 17-year-old son at the time of the murder. The only person home at the time was a 13-year-old son, who police found on the top floor. He was apparently unaware of the horror downstairs, but was brought in for questioning, arriving barefoot at the station house, somebody who was present told The Daily Beast.

The son was soon after released. The NYPD supervisor said this was in part because police had recovered surveillance video of a figure who was clearly not the son pulling the wheeled hockey bag along what was becoming the blood trail shortly after 4 a.m.
Thank you for those points and link.

I also found these interesting:

"When he peered inside, he did see a pair of bare feet. A woman in black jeans had been stuffed inside the bag head-first."

This wasn't planned put in detail:
"We think the attack happens on the first floor,” a senior NYPD supervisor familiar with the investigation told The Daily Beast. “We think he then goes to the basement to figure out, you know, how to clean up the mess and get rid of her.”

"The ferocity of the attack leads them to believe it was a crime of passion."

"According to the supervisor, police are less convinced that the motive is to be found in texts PIX11 reported Klein received after the killing indicating that the “whole family is next” (That is exactly what many of us said.)

If the cause of death was 12:41 am, and the tavern owner is remembering accurately, she was murdered 11 minutes after leaving the bar.

It is a 2 min drive from the bar to her home. (See map)
So that leave 9 MINUTES from when she got home to when they say she was murdered at 12:41am.

She had cameras at her home and her neighbors homes. How do they not know if she arrived home alone or with a man? I have seen reporting that says both.

Attachments

• A072E25E-C8BB-485D-928D-E63057A77CB0.png
    A072E25E-C8BB-485D-928D-E63057A77CB0.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 11
" seemingly including shoes that would fit well enough he could walk normally in them"
okay....I looked at that very odd video of the supposed perp pulling the duffle bag....number one, the step of the person is light, like they were on their way to the airport kiosk.....number two...look at the way he/she is walking... you know how you walk when you slip someone elses shoes on, say your spouse, just to go out to get the mail?....that's how that person is walking, like the shoes did not fit.....well, its just a odd look.....

But if it were random, then how could the killer know where she lived previously?
Just Googling the street address--even if he didn't know her name--would have given plenty of info (buried under hundreds of news reports now). If he knew her name, he could easily have found past addresses. I've looked myself up and while some info is off, there are also correct addresses for me going back 20 years in three cities as well as a vacation property.

But if it were random, then how could the killer know where she lived previously?

How could the killer know where they hid the key to the house on Juno st if he knew them over 10 years ago when they lived near Austin St and had supposedly been in jail for all this time? Why was she texting 3 different men? This case makes my head hurt.

The laundry room was in the basement. She very well could of been doing laundry down there. Her home has a state of the art security system with cameras. There has to be so much that LE knows.
Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says
Murdered on first floor then brought to basement and placed in fetal position in Bauer hockey bag...just does not seem like she came home and did laundry. The murderer staying at her house for a few hours after beating and stabbing her sounds bizarre to me. I wonder where her dog Buddy was at the time of her killing and the time murderer stayed at the house.

That leaves very little time for her to get home and get inside even. Perhaps the killer let himself in and was lying in wait?

Leaves Station House at 12:30; is murdered at 12:41. Eleven minutes—and I assume she walked home?

As I see it—no time for an argument, if this timeline is anywhere near accurate.

1: Followed her home, and attacked her as she let herself in.

2: Let himself in, waited for her to get home, and attacked her immediately. (It’d have to be someone who knew that she’d be coming home.)

3: Was in the house for some nefarious purpose, surprised and trapped in the house by her arriving home. Lashed out with a knife and went into a frenzy.

4: Timeline is not accurate.

What other possibilities?

all MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads