NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsewhere yesterday, there were rumors of dismemberment (by someone claiming to have inside info) that were shot down because LE has stated no such thing. Still, it does make one wonder. Especially since there seems to be no logical reason to kill her on the first floor, then move her to the basement, then haul her back upstairs again :/.

IMO
I think the murderer panicked and was trying to figure what to do. They had no plan and so they were just reacting in a very disorganized manner.

I just can't quite get past the thought that, as little forethought as was seemingly given to the planning of this murder, I just have this strong feeling that her killer was familiar enough with her home that he knew there was a duffel bag there big enough that he could shove her body into it and get her out of the house unnoticed (except he didn't take into account he would leave a trail of blood leading back to her house), and he knew he could strip off his bloody clothes and there would be clothes there he could change into, seemingly including shoes that would fit well enough he could walk normally in them, and he knew where to find them and how to get them without being seen by the son upstairs. I think it is also entirely possible, and maybe even likely, that he used one of her own kitchen knives to kill her. I don't really think he took anything with him, and may not have even been planning to kill her in the beginning, but something quickly took a terrible turn, and everything beyond that was done, in a rage, flying by the seat of his pants. JMO

Last edited:
I just can't quite get past the thought that, as little forethought as was seemingly given to the planning of this murder, I just have this strong feeling that her killer was familiar enough with her home that he knew there was a duffel bag there big enough that he could shove her body into it and get her out of the house unnoticed (except he didn't take into account he would leave a trail of blood leading back to her house), and he knew he could strip off his bloody clothes and there would be clothes there he could change into, seemingly including shoes that would fit well enough he could walk normally in them, and he knew where to find them and how to get them without being seen by the son upstairs. I think it is also entirely possible, and maybe even likely, that he used one of her own kitchen knives to kill her. I don't really think he took anything with him, and may not have even been planning to kill her in the beginning, but something quickly took a terrible turn, and everything beyond that was done, flying by the seat of his pants. JMO
As I consider the different possibilities, this is the one that I also tend to believe is the most plausible. I think the time between the killing and leaving the house was trying to figure out how the heck to get out of this situation. If the texts were sent at 5 AM Pacific time, then it would have been at 2 AM New York time and before the perp. left the house. I don't see how an adult (HK) would reasonably think they could lie about getting text messages because it is too easy to verify. The wording of those text messages sounds like a kid with good education and little "street smarts" who is trying to mislead authorities. I don't think this was planned, but it was a situation that went horribly wrong.

You take the body but you leave bloody boots in the garbage at the scene?
Lol. None of this makes any sense at all.

You remove the body from the scene, but (undoubtedly) leave a bloody mess behind.

You take the insane risk of rolling her down the sidewalk, in a populated area with countless surveillance cameras.

You just leave her body, along with a bloody trail from the house to the bag.

Then you send a text threatening the husband, which may or may not have taken place back at the house. Had he seen it at that moment, cops would be at the house in minutes.

Then you leave bloody boots in the trash, which certainly contain your DNA.

I am appalled at the haphazard reporting. I can’t tell what’s fact or fiction. I feel like it probably makes LE’s job a lot harder unless the plan is to throw off the suspect.

That being said, I’m inclined to believe it was a lover rather than a teenager. The perp was obviously familiar with the house. Enough to spend hours there with the son upstairs. They probably knew where the cameras were and possibly how to disable them. I can’t fathom a teenager stabbing someone 58 times and then not immediately fleeing the scene but I guess more disturbing things have happened.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
MOO

It has to be someone who is intimately involved, or have extensive knowledge of the family. Knows their habits and knows where to find things in the house.

Did the killer have foreknowledge that HK and son were away that weekend? Did he “think” the younger son was away too?

Where did he find the hockey bag? Was it handy or did he have to search for it?

Why does he have a backpack? Did he come there with a plan, ie change of clothes? He would have been covered in blood.

Just throwing this out there….could this have been a paid hit but made purposely to look otherwise? Is somebody being set up?

I want to know where the dog was. I think it’s important. Was the dog in a crate, locked away in a room or free to roam? Where was the dog when LE arrived? I have extremely well trained dogs however they bark at anyone who comes to door. They bark when I come home. They’re not going to save me but they are going to bark.

Those texts messages and threats are juvenile and clumsy.

WTH happened here?

Last edited:
As I consider the different possibilities, this is the one that I also tend to believe is the most plausible. I think the time between the killing and leaving the house was trying to figure out how the heck to get out of this situation. If the texts were sent at 5 AM Pacific time, then it would have been at 2 AM New York time and before the perp. left the house. I don't see how an adult (HK) would reasonably think they could lie about getting text messages because it is too easy to verify. The wording of those text messages sounds like a kid with good education and little "street smarts" who is trying to mislead authorities. I don't think this was planned, but it was a situation that went horribly wrong.

If the text was sent at 5 AM PST time it would have been 8 AM in NY, not 2 AM.

I think the time between the killing and leaving the house was trying to figure out how the heck to get out of this situation. If the texts were sent at 5 AM Pacific time, then it would have been at 2 AM New York time and before the perp. left the house. .

wrong time. 5am NY would be 2am in Pacific and not the other way. if it was 5am Pacific, it would have been 8am NY

I don't think this really adds much to the discussion, but I did want to point out for those saying there aren't any "big time" schools in Portland - maybe not, but Oregon State University in Corvallis is about 2-hour drive from Portland, and U of Oregon in Eugene is about 2 1/2 hours. There is an airport in Eugene but it's relatively small and flight options more limited. It's easy to understand why someone would fly into PDX, where they could rent a car and drive to schools outside of Portland.

Again, not adding much to the discussion but there are two very prestigious liberal art colleges in Portland. Reed College and Lewis & Clark.

I know this crime appears impulsive and sloppy but I can’t help wondering if there isn’t more to it. The alleged text messages, they remind me of the Ramsey ransom note! Senseless, overly lengthy, and completely unnecessary…or so it appears on the surface.

I keep asking myself, who stood to benefit from those text messages? Why did the author of the texts feel they were necessary? Most will reply, well he wasn’t thinking clearly! Or, he was young and immature! And maybe that’s all there is to it but I’m not yet convinced.

IMO

I am appalled at the haphazard reporting. I can’t tell what’s fact or fiction. I feel like it probably makes LE’s job a lot harder unless the plan is to throw off the suspect.

That being said, I’m inclined to believe it was a lover rather than a teenager. The perp was obviously familiar with the house. Enough to spend hours there with the son upstairs. They probably knew where the cameras were and possibly how to disable them. I can’t fathom a teenager stabbing someone 58 times and then not immediately fleeing the scene but I guess more disturbing things have happened.

<modsnip>
It's our worst nightmare.

You have a major city, with no shortage of tabloids. Then you have a large police department, that apparently leaks like a sieve.

Something to keep in mind too, is that these leaks are going to be coming from those on the periphery of the investigation, who are hearing things, but probably aren't privy to the evidence itself.

I don't think this is necessarily making their job harder, as they likely don't need much help. It appears the killer left them everything they need, and it's just a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theempirepublishers