NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any insight/legal knowledge as to why his previous arrest would be sealed?

From Sealed Criminal Records | NY CourtHelp

Sealed Criminal Records
Except for some marijuana crimes, New York has no laws to erase or “expunge” criminal records. New York uses a process called sealing for some cases. Sealing means that the record still exists, but all related fingerprint and palmprint cards, booking photos, and DNA samples may be returned to you or destroyed (except digital fingerprints are not destroyed if you already have fingerprints on file from a different unsealed case). Department of Criminal Justice System, Police, Prosecutor, and in some cases, court records, are hidden from the public.

The following cases are closed or sealed without you having to do anything:
Cases where you got a Good Result
Crimes Committed by Children
Crimes committed byYouthful Offenders
Violations and Traffic Infractions like disorderly conduct and trespass are partially sealed
If a record that is supposed to be sealed comes up on your Criminal Records search, you can ask to seal that record. See Criminal Records: Correcting Mistakes.

Felonies and Misdemeanors
You can ask the court to seal certain felony and misdemeanor convictions:
If you have no more than 2 misdemeanors or no more than 1 felony and 1 misdemeanor conviction and have been crime-free for 10 years. Visit Sealed Records: After 10 years
If you have successfully completed a drug treatment program. Certain convictions listed under the Rockefeller Drug Law Reform can be conditionally sealed. Visit Sealed Records: Drug-Related Crimes.
Certain marijuana misdemeanors are expunged and treated as if they never happened. Read Marijuana and Expungement.

If your criminal history record can’t be sealed, you can still get some of your rights back by getting a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities or a Certificate of Good Conduct. Read Getting Rights Back to learn more.

Thankful that WS protects the family from those kind of speculations. The comments on FB forums, however? Something to be disgusted about. JMO
I never thought it was the kid or kid(s), or the husband, really. I was just wondering why the husband was as concerned about the text (however made it up it may have been) and why the verbiage of his wife putting someone away was emphasized. Then again, the media outlets aren't the greatest at vetting their information, anyway. My concern was the reactive nature the husband had and the emphasis put so largely on someone "being back".

I know most people think the texts were a red herring but he doesn’t strike me as being too bright to even think of that ( given his many other mistakes). I think he just exaggerated a bit in the texts because his time in jail was short lived.

Many, many mistakes. IMO he snapped because this certainly wasn't well-planned. I think he was waiting for her at the house, maybe he was going to implore her to begin and/or resume a relationship, and she did not acquiesce.

One of the most critical mistakes he made, IMO, was clear in the picture someone posted awhile ago. That was the bag left half on the grass and half on the sidewalk, so that the blood was dripped across the sidewalk itself. Inches away if he'd hoisted the bag into the grass, the blood may have been absorbed and not noticeable. Then a lot of people would have ignored an abandoned bag.

I have the local news on here in NYC but I don't see the press conference.....

Wow. So much of what was leaked is fairly accurate. I am so sorry for this woman and her family. Jacket found in the park. Boots, t-shirt and bandages retrieved. Went to hospital for wound on hands. Ughhhh!

Wow. So much of what was leaked is fairly accurate. I am so sorry for this woman and her family. Jacket found in the park. Boots, t-shirt and bandages retrieved. Went to hospital for wound on hands. Ughhhh!
Went to hospital for wound on hand?? Which source was this? (I cant open some due to not living in the US apparently)

I don’t truly believe that at this time.

Jmo

Thats what he says.

Jmo
Agreed with your comment !

Only two people would presumably know that, and one of them is horrifically deceased and cannot defend herself.
Regardless, Orsolya did nothing to deserve her terrible fate.

While I'm thankful they caught the perp, I'm beyond disgusted with him if he did indeed commit the murder.
It looks like LE are certain they have their man.

Rest in gentle peace, Orsolya.
My condolences to all who loved her !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members