NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most people think the texts were a red herring but he doesn’t strike me as being too bright to even think of that ( given his many other mistakes). I think he just exaggerated a bit in the texts because his time in jail was short lived. He seems to be a little obsessed with script writing so maybe in his mind he was living out his own movie.
Totally agree with this...

...they apparently had an intimate relationship off and on for the past two years, had just ended again, after picking it back up recently..He showed up at her house 10-20 mins after she got home. They found the coat he wore and a bloody shirt, boots and bandages, looks like the knife was recovered, and is consistent to knives found in the home, he had to go to hospital to get treatment for cuts on both hands....

Last edited:
I don’t truly believe that at this time.

Jmo

Thats what he says.

Jmo

I agree
Based on his texts to seemingly taunt the husband, I think he is delusional and him "admitting" to his relationship with her is another jab at the husband. Like others have said, I don't think this murderer is intelligent at all based on the incredibly sloppy trail of evidence left behind. The wording of the text to the husband seems like he was attempting to sound intelligent, something he was not capable of doing. I believe it's possible he truly thought they had a relationship. It has been reported that she was texting 3 men, (I dislike the way this was reported because most loyal people text the other gender for innocent reasons) and IMO, one was likely the murderer. I wonder if he made an advancement over text, which she shut down. He came over, probably unnaounced to talk because he was upset. He thought they were "lovers" but it was all in his head and he became embarrassed, enraged, and he snapped.

To me, and the nature of the murderer's actions and comments, OG simply crossed paths with the wrong person who became obsessed with her. I'm *speculating* that she kindly brushed off his advances, for example by liking his FB messages. Her kindness, or simply neutrality, may have fed into his delusions. Also, IMO, if they truly were having an affair and somewhat attempting to conceal it, OG would have deleted his Facebook comments and he likely would not have commented in the first place for the public to see.

Even if my speculations are incorrect, and there really was a relationship that went both ways, this was a gruesome and evil act that no one ever deserves. Her friends described her as a loving mother and a kind friend and that's how she should be remembered. At the end of the day, this woman was murdered and the media is gross for trying to paint her in a way to get the new hot story.

Many, many mistakes. IMO he snapped because this certainly wasn't well-planned. I think he was waiting for her at the house, maybe he was going to implore her to begin and/or resume a relationship, and she did not acquiesce.

One of the most critical mistakes he made, IMO, was clear in the picture someone posted awhile ago. That was the bag left half on the grass and half on the sidewalk, so that the blood was dripped across the sidewalk itself. Inches away if he'd hoisted the bag into the grass, the blood may have been absorbed and not noticeable. Then a lot of people would have ignored an abandoned bag.

I have the local news on here in NYC but I don't see the press conference.....

Neither do I

Went to hospital for wound on hand?? Which source was this? (I cant open some due to not living in the US apparently)
Emphasis mine.

Hmmmm.
I wouldn't mind a link as well. ;)

Good he was sloppy beyond belief.
What a monstrously rage-filled perp.
My guess is that she may have rebuffed his advances and he either lost it and 'punished' her; or he had an obsession and decided that Orsolya could belong to no one but him, even if it meant taking her life ?
My .02.

Emphasis mine.

Hmmmm.
I wouldn't mind a link as well. ;)

Good he was sloppy beyond belief.
What a monstrously rage-filled perp.
My guess is that she may have rebuffed his advances and he either lost it and 'punished' her; or he had an obsession and decided that Orsolya could belong to no one but him, even if it meant taking her life ?
My .02.

The hospital injuries were reported during the presser.

Glad that OG got to enjoy some lovely music and her favorite drink before she was slain.
Orsolya Gaal Murder Suspect David Bonola Arrested in Horrific Forest Hills Queens Hockey Bag Murder (thedailybeast.com)
rbbm.
“What is there to say,” the friend added. “It’s a horrific loss. I don’t think anybody deserves what happened to her.”

The person described Gaal as a “fantastic mother” to her two teenage sons, one of whom was out of town with their father at the time of the crime; the other was upstairs in the house, and was briefly detained by police before quickly being dropped as a potential suspect.

“Everything she did was for her children, and she was always the extra mom, always hosting the parties, going above and beyond with doing things for and with the children,” the friend said. “My heart is just breaking for the loss that these kids are going to experience without her being around anymore.”

She said Gaal was “extremely confident” and fearless, often with friends but unafraid to go out on her own, to visit a bar, play, or show if she couldn’t find someone to accompany her. Police previously told The Daily Beast they were told Gaal had attended the opera on the night of her killing, though they were only able to place her in the general vicinity of Lincoln Center in Manhattan.

Police believe the crime took place later, after Gaal visited a bar in her own neighborhood that night. Surveillance footage later appeared to show her body being rolled in the duffel bag from the home, leaving a trail of blood behind.

Gaal was known to take walks late at night to relieve stress during the COVID-19 lockdowns in 2020, the year her husband reported her missing after a midnight walk.

“Forest Hills can be a very close community because there’s multiple generations that have lived in these homes, but we had moved to the area and she was very open and friendly and welcoming,” the friend added. “It was just really refreshing and appreciated. It says a lot about a person that they’re able to get over themselves and be like that.

“You didn’t need to prove yourself with her… She was just a really nice person.”

Here are a few of my notes from the press conference if anyone is interested.

4/21 - Press Conference

4/20 - LE Canvassing area for surveillance in the murder of OG saw a male in the area that was wanted for questioning in the murder of OG. He willingly came in for questioning.

OG and DB had a romantic affair for approximately 2 years, LE believes relationship was at an end

DB was the family handyman for approximately 2 years and was known to the family

Murder weapon was a knife that came from the house.

Boots, T-shirt and bloody bandages found at the scene

BD received care at local hospital for hand injuries on Saturday, 4/16

LE doesn’t believe the context of the text sent to HK had any truth, but the text was sent to HK.

DB came from Mexico, about 21 years ago. LE wouldn’t confirm his immigration status

DB is believed to have entered the house on Saturday the 16th between 12:30 am and 12:40 am.

I assume LE has evidence to prove it was definitely a romantic relationship they had for 2 years? And not just a human/human relationship that DB wanted to be romantic? I always worry when one party is dead and the other party starts telling details, that maybe those details are not all true. There must be something to it though, right? Ugh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member