NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess: tired, exhausted... wanted to dump and run.

I'm just baffled on why he took her out in the first place. I mean you leave your boots behind but remove her body from the house?!
I can't help but wonder if he's familiar with the young son and didn't want him to find his mother in the morning.
I'm actually thankful he removed her from the house. No child needs to wake up to that.

Handyman Arrested in Murder of Mom Left in Hockey Bag in Queens – Daily Beast
<snipped & BBM>
Bonola faces charges of second-degree murder, possession of a weapon, and criminal tampering. Cops say Gaal admitted him to her house around midnight last Saturday, and they got into an argument. They believe the assault started on the first floor and that Bonola placed her body in a hockey bag in the basement before walking the body to the edge of Forest Park and then toward his residence in South Ozone Park.

Police believe he was brought into the home through the back door, that the murder weapon came from inside the house, and that he ultimately stabbed Gaal 59 times. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.

If Gaal let him in he must have been following her or communicating with her for him to show just after she got home. She also must not have been too afraid of him at that point. Very sad for her. JMO

Likely it’s the handy man ex-lover and it was unplanned. He knew he would be a suspect and the text was a feeble misdirection attempt. JMO.
What would the criminal tampering charge be related to?

Tampering with the home security system?

<snip> He charged with murder, criminal tampering and criminal possession of a weapon, according to the NYPD.

Suspect in custody in connection with slain mom dumped in duffel bag

I believe it could be to moving the body and attempting to destroy evidence? I am not too well versed with legal definitions. Do we know what degree of tampering? I did a quick search of the definitions of the different degrees of tampering in NYS and the most logical IMO would be third degree:

Criminal tampering in the third degree.
A person is guilty of criminal tampering in the third degree when,
having no right to do so nor any reasonable ground to believe that he
has such right, he tampers with property of another person with intent
to cause substantial inconvenience to such person or to a third person.

Article 145 - NYS Penal Law - Criminal Mischief | Graffiti

1st and 2nd degree have more to do with public property

Last edited:
This written under photo.

Left: This image shows Queens murder suspect David Bonola, obtained by Fox News Digital from a prior arrest that is now sealed. Right: Murder victim Orsolya Gaal (Facebook: Orsolya Gaal) (Facebook: Orsolya Gaal)

Murdered NYC mom Orsolya Gaal: NYPD arrests 44-year-old David Bonola in gruesome Queens slaying

Yet in the same article:

Bonola was not a stranger to the victim and has no unsealed criminal history in New York City, police said.

As we know, some of the media are characterizing OG's relationship with the murderer as a "romantic relationship" and as an "affair." However, it is possible that she did have a brief indiscretion and tried to break it off but that he became obsessed with her, maybe even tried to blackmail her.

In any event, OG is the victim here, and I feel sad for her family, husband and sons and other relatives, who will have to live through this media invasion of their privacy as they grieve the loss of OG.

Thank God this man has been arrested and confessed. My heart goes out infinitely to the poor son who DIDN'T kill his mom, who was in handcuffs, who will likely have a lifetime of guilt knowing that his mom was killed while he was there but he didn't know and couldn't save her.

Same for the husband and other son, my heart goes out.
Well said and I whole heartedly agree.

Until/unless the police confirm this based on OGs phone/social media records, I'm going to take what he says with a grain of salt. Who knows, maybe his idea of a "romance" was her "liking" his comments on her FB or just generally being friendly to him.

He could have had a very active fantasy life!

I feel if they had an affair she wouldn't want him to like and heart her Facebook posts that her husband (and anyone else, her family) could see. I lean towards stalking or a short affair that ended before the Facebook comments - although why like /heart his comment if she broke up with him unless no affair and she just wanted to be polite. JMO

I feel terrible for her family (in USA and in Hungary) especially as the Hungarian social media is awful about the rumours.
RIP Orsi, you will be remembered.

Apparently the mugshot came from a sealed criminal record, according to FOX News.

The mugshot seems to be not so old. My guess is the sealed criminal record is recent. And, if he was arrested and it is somehow connected to her or her family the text might have been referring to an arrest rather than actual jail time....just a thought.

From a prior arrest, I'm hoping there wasn't some truth to the ruse texts, if they are real, do FB comments support that in any context? I'm baffled, as usual...MOO

I know most people think the texts were a red herring but he doesn’t strike me as being too bright to even think of that ( given his many other mistakes). I think he just exaggerated a bit in the texts because his time in jail was short lived. He seems to be a little obsessed with script writing so maybe in his mind he was living out his own movie.

The mugshot seems to be not so old. My guess is the sealed criminal record is recent. And, if he was arrested and it is somehow connected to her or her family the text might have been referring to an arrest rather than actual jail time....just a thought.

If she did actually have him arrested in the past and he did in fact send that text message, he has to be one of the stupidest murderers I can think of. He put a target on his own back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE