NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, a key was hidden in the barbecue.

Though she may have let him in according to the presser, it appears to me that her husband did not know they had a relationship. No way would that extra key be left in the barbecue.

Also, that indicates to me that she was not extremely fearful of him as well.

I'm glad he was hurt and had cuts on his hands. Now he can heal in the cell, I hope there are physical scars for the rest of his life. He's right where he needs to be. JMO

It now seems that the stop (IIRC, the guy who had found the bag also said his dogs alerted to any area nearby the bag with a large amount of blood-- a place where the hockey bag probably sat as he discarded his items and rewrapped his hands, slightly more obscure. He found the spot as his dogs kept pulling to that space when he was with the police ---near where the bag was ultimately found) was a pit stop to dispose of clothes, boots, etc and re-wrap the hands. It may be that the wounds on the hands made it impossible to continue on with the roller bag as each bump and jump of the bag probably exacerbated the bleeding and stopped any cessation of blood loss for him. I would guess that it was not out cluelessness but rather a realization that blood was dripping, his blood was dripping and it was painful to pull the bag with his wounds.

Last edited:
Covid isolation seems so long ago, but it wasn’t. It was really hard to see no one other than the people you lived with. Communication was through the phone and internet. If you let a worker into your home, you were letting them into your small circle. During a very lonely time. Whatever, I don’t judge anyone’s lifestyle. Orsolya did nothing worthy of death at his hands.

It now seems that the stop (IIRC, the guy who had found the bag also said his dogs alerted to any area nearby the bag, slightly more obscure. He found the spot as his dogs kept pulling to that space when he was with the police ---near where the bag was ultimately found) was a pit stop to dispose of clothes, boots, etc and re-wrap the hands. It may be that the wounds on the hands made it impossible to continue on with the roller bag as each bump and jump of the bag probably exacerbated the bleeding and stopped any cessation of blood loss for him. I would guess that it was not out cluelessness but rather a realization that blood was dripping, his blood was dripping and it was painful to pull the bag with his wounds.
I thought that some of the dripping blood may have been his too. Good point about his wound pain.

David Bonola, 44, has been charged with murder. I am surprised by his age! The crime seemed poorly thought through.
I don't believe it was thought out. IMHO it was in a rage. As I posted earlier, I believe he went there for 'a little something' and she said no. He went into a rage. No premeditation nor thought put into it. Just rage and a whole lot of adrenaline guiding him. MOO

Since DB left his boots in the garbage, I wonder if he grabbed a pair of the younger son's shoes (that may have been by the door) instead? Partially saying this because when LE took the younger son in, it was reported that they took him in barefooted. I wonder if LE were going to let him have shoes but they weren't there by the door so they just took him out anyway without shoes. (That, to me, seemed excessive. LE could have given him a pair of shoes before hauling him in.)

My heart breaks for the younger son especially. How confusing, disorienting, and surreal it must have been for him that morning.

MOO.

If I am understanding the geography, his house was not terribly far from the victim's and her body was found between the two. Was his thought that he would remove her body and dispose of it somewhere on the way home or get her body to his home? Perhaps he got frightened by a passing bus or early jogger and bailed, leaving the bag behind?

Glad to see someone in custody. May her children recover from this loss.
I can only surmise that the "serious" cuts to his hands that required a hospital visit hurt like a <BEEP>. Maybe the adrenaline was starting to wear off, and the pain was getting worse, and he couldn't pull the bag any further. I don't do well with a hangnail so I can't imagine dragging ~130 lbs for a half mile with seriously cut hands.

Damn, a key was hidden in the barbecue.

Though she may have let him in according to the presser, it appears to me that her husband did not know they had a relationship. No way would that extra key be left in the barbecue.

Also, that indicates to me that she was not extremely fearful of him as well.
Some keys are left in a hiding spot outside of the home for emergency use by homeowners. We have one hidden and I have had to use it on occasion. That's how I interpret this particular key. JMO

I can only surmise that the "serious" cuts to his hands that required a hospital visit hurt like a <BEEP>. Maybe the adrenaline was starting to wear off, and the pain was getting worse, and he couldn't pull the bag any further. I don't do well with a hangnail so I can't imagine dragging ~130 lbs for a half mile with seriously cut hands.
That is a really good point about leaving the bad where he did.

YesYesYeasss to the arrest!

I don't have facebook anymore, but those screenshot you've posted is like:
wow he really has been openly flirting for a while!

If there is anything more in FB, please share. I've tried some other channels but nothing yet
I had to pull out the Spanish translator but he said "You look in love". I wonder if they had a recent tryst just before her posting a recent pic of herself, so he was guessing the look in her eyes was love/happiness/"the glow" of recent s*x. It also makes me wonder if he wanted her to leave her husband so he could have her to himself.

I don’t feel inclined to believe that he removed her body from the house out of consideration for the son. I’d speculate that he panicked, thought that he could hide it in a way that would confuse the issue, and had to give up because of the blood trail from the bag, as well as the pain of his cut hands.

MOO

That is a really good point about leaving the bad where he did.

Yes, and I might even go one further and speculate that he himself was also bleeding down the bag and perhaps even on the sidewalk as well. They have to have him cold once the forensics are complete, confession or no confession, it just facilitated the inevitable. MOO.

The fallout from his actions seems to have ricocheted across a lot of people--several folks must be questioning their perspective of him before he went off the deep end. OG's outrageous murder will probably change how people view potential hiring of help, causal friendships, love affairs and the like.
one can wish, but this has been going on since the beginning of time.

I, for one, hope it can never be known if she called for help, or bravely saved her son's life that night. I have decided on the latter. I think I'm going to call my mom and just tell her that I love her. Bless all the victims and may they one day find some small amount of comfort knowing that some peoples lives may have been changed for good. Sorry, this one hit me hard... :(
She might have been aware of how suddenly dangerous the situation was and instantly tried to contain the out break of violence by going into the basement area. That could be why she didn't run outside not wanting to disturb the neighbors. It is miraculous and a blessing, based on the killer's threatening text to OG's husband to kill the whole family, that the handyman didn't hunt down anyone else in the house at the time. He must have assumed she was home alone. Clearly he had enough rage and intent to commit more than one murder, imo.

Not sure if this 2 year period of his working at the house as a handyman is up to this current time. I do find it hard to believe the husband didn't know (or cared) about the affair and would allow the handyman to continue working there.

Queens handyman accused of stabbing lover 58 times, stuffing her body in duffel bag

Gaal, a 51-year-old mother of two, was found in a bag on the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway in Forest Hills shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday, the NYPD said.

Bonola had worked at Gaal's home for two years as a handyman, police said.

“They had been off and on, and they had broken up prior but had reunited early in the month of April. Their relationship was considered at an end," one official said. It's not clear who initiated the break up.

Police shared a timeline of events leading up to Gaal’s death.

It is so fortunate that her 13 year old son was unharmed. He was there sleeping during the whole thing. Imagine if he woke up or came down for a snack? I fear he would have been killed as well. Moo

I don’t know, this killer seems to be so brainless that he probably would have made the kid a snack and watched a movie together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper