NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fallout from his actions seems to have ricocheted across a lot of people--several folks must be questioning their perspective of him before he went off the deep end. OG's outrageous murder will probably change how people view potential hiring of help, causal friendships, love affairs and the like.

I hope so…

He made comments on other women’s pages giving them compliments and telling them to “be safe.”

The police at the press conference specifically stated that she returned home at about 12:20. He arrived at the house at 12:30-12:40. He had access to a key that was in the backyard barbecue.

The argument may have started upstairs and he took the knife. She was killed in the basement with a knife from her kitchen.
If he removed her body because he didn't want her son to find it, then it's likely he took her to the basement so her son would be less likely to hear him stabbing her or maybe even so they could argue and not wake the son. Seems he had some level of concern for her son at least.

This is a good example why Websleuths does not sleuth people that are not POI by LE. I was way wrong about this one and glad it turned out I was wrong. This killer was not logical in any of his behavior in the disposal or text besides the murder of a mother in her home.
I will be more careful in jumping to a perp in the future.

That mugshot is not current.

His current hair is longer and he is wearing it in a ponytail. I noticed the chief hesitated when asked about previous criminal record and then said that he had no previous theft charges.

So what is that previous mugshot from?

He has a sealed record. These are the reasons records can be sealed: Sealed Criminal Records | NY CourtHelp

If it is sealed then they can't discuss it or really even acknowledge it.

So she did have an affair with him. LE must have proof and I agree with other posters, perhaps it was known to her husband too, after her going missing.
Covid-19 regulations might have to do with the affair as it broke up a lot of families, brought out issues in relationships that were dormant during their day to day life. Or perhaps a midlife crisis or really just got tangled up with this guy instead of a divorce.
She couldn't have thought he could hurt her, she must have been terrified for her life and for her sons. I hope she rests in peace and this animal is locked away forever.

Cant find the original comment/post on weapon charge, but several commenters here indicated that this meant it had to be a gun charge.
I just want to note to readers this is not true at all. NY state laws on weapons charge that is listed in this case can be virtually any blade or blunt weapon used in a threat or attack. Given he apparently stabbed her it is almost certainly his carry of the knife he likely used.

I know most people think the texts were a red herring but he doesn’t strike me as being too bright to even think of that ( given his many other mistakes). I think he just exaggerated a bit in the texts because his time in jail was short lived. He seems to be a little obsessed with script writing so maybe in his mind he was living out his own movie.
I think it might be possible that he did that to make sure the 13 year old wouldn't be a suspect.
I honestly thought it was weird the 13 year old didn't notice a thing. And that someone from outside this family wouldn't have the need to take her body away from the house.
So I really feel bad for the 13 year old cause many people including me thought things weren't adding up and he was the only one there.

Which makes me wonder how well the suspect knew the 13 year old.

The Handyman…..

He lived close to her? That would explain why there was no car. He walked there.

Might have had his own key or had the entry code.

Would have known the habits of family and had intimate knowledge of the house. Did he work in the house on Friday?

He knew the husband. Did he work for the family at their former address?

Maybe the rumours were true.

Now….why did he do it?
RBBM.

My guess? He knew she was alone with just her youngest son at home, wanted 'a little something' in the middle of the night and she said no. That ticked him off and he went into a rage. Like so many others said... it was personal and definitely not a hit (they get in and out as it's just 'a job').

Link after link is saying the murder was in the basement not the 1st floor. That makes more sense to me.

It was said there was more blood in the basement.

That begs the question 'why' was there blood on the 1st floor in the first place? They could have argued on the 1st floor, he attacked her there, she ran, made het way to the basement, only to be brutally murdered there.

Also I ask again: why even move her body out of the house??
RBBM.

Just a guess on my part but there was a lot of blood at the scene and it was all over his boots for one thing. He also was hurt pretty badly and sought out bandages, as bloody bandages were found with his bloody discarded boots. He could have bleed a lot from his "serious cuts" and tracked blood on his way to the bathroom to get first aid and perhaps wash up.

Bonola also suffered serious cuts to both his own hands during the attack, and was treated at a local hospital, the cop said.

Handyman lover David Bonola charged in Orsolya Gaal murder

Danny Pelosi, Convicted Hamptons Murderer, Claims Wife Wanted 'Revenge' on Multimillionaire Husband

Does anyone remember this case? The rich husband, Ted Ammon, was murdered. Meanwhile his wife Generosa was having an affair with her electrician. After the husband’s murder she married him, Daniel Pelosi, then she died and he got all the first husband's money. And he was convicted of the murder.

My point on topic is that those who simply can't believe a beautiful, married, well-to-do woman would never "lower herself" to have an affair with someone of "a different class" have no idea.

I live in a middle-class co-op building in NYC. Seven buildings in my complex, 23 stories each. There are many, many handymen, security guards and other workers here, and I know several women, married or divorced, who had intimate relations with them. Not excusing or accusing, just stating facts.

Whatever the case, whatever the cause, this was an undeserved tragedy.

Moo

Yes, women and men engage in intimacy regardless class and race, being married etc....most never think it will get out of control and they will lose their life to violent jealousy. DB must have had a good reputation and seemed trustworthy...enough so that the likelihood of him losing control and committing murder seemed remote. The takeaway in this case for me is how important emotional boundaries are in protecting your life at the basic level of survival.

This is a good example why Websleuths does not sleuth people that are not POI by LE. I was way wrong about this one and glad it turned out I was wrong. This killer was not logical in any of his behavior in the disposal or text besides the murder of a mother in her home.
I will be more careful in jumping to a perp in the future.

I'm glad I was wrong, too.

Showing his temper again.
His outburst looked to be in response to a guy yelling " You piece of s--- I hope they cut your throat " at him from across the street.
I would not be surprised to find out that on the night of her murder, he may have also had drugs/ alcohol in his system when he went to her house, enhancing what seems to already be a hair trigger of a temper.
I doubt she would have seen this side of this guy or on the other hand perhaps his temper was the reason for the final break off. I am sorry his ugly rage was what she last experienced. My hope is that the first blow took the life out her and the other wounds were postmortem and just due to his unabated rage.
It seems the affair started during covid and imo at fifty-ish years old lot's of women feel vulnerable and mid life-ish. Attention from a younger guy can be flattering and sounds like she made a choise to have a fling. And he was thinking it was more. On and off again tells me someone kept saying I cannot meet you like this anymore and that the relationship was primarily physical imo. Odds are she was the one always breaking it off. Very tragic that his man, this deranged animal, found it impossible to hear NO and to let go.

Bottomline : The only person responsible for her murder is David Bonola. Not her having a fling, not anybody not hearing what was going on in that house that night. David Bonola grabbed a knife and made a choice to kill her. The finger only points to David Bonola. IMO

Last edited:
I, for one, hope it can never be known if she called for help, or bravely saved her son's life that night. I have decided on the latter. I think I'm going to call my mom and just tell her that I love her. Bless all the victims and may they one day find some small amount of comfort knowing that some peoples lives may have been changed for good. Sorry, this one hit me hard... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper