NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, especially the part about the only reason to remove the body is if you lived there.

The way it was done too, just screams juvenile to me. But on the other hand, law enforcement seems to be indicating the killer did not live in that house.

This could wind up being one for the books; a complete outlier.

Or not...?

ETA: No one knows who has been completely ruled out at this point as new information continues to be collected.

Last edited:
Exactly, especially the part about the only reason to remove the body is if you lived there.

The way it was done too, just screams juvenile to me. But on the other hand, law enforcement seems to be indicating the killer did not live in that house.

This could wind up being one for the books; a complete outlier.

It definitely seems juvenile, almost like a contrived reenactment of a made-for-TV crime show. The person is the video seems young, or at the very least younger than OG based on the frame and how effortlessly they seemed to be moving with the bag, IMO.

All I'd read was his tweet, all over media, now since deleted, that they'd arrived in Portland and were going to see a college in Michigan, which made me wonder why land on the PNW only to fly to central US for a college scouting expedition. Supposed tweet on husband's account was "Just landed Portland, OR before evaluating Ann Arbor again with my 17-year old son,” Klein said early Saturday in a now-deleted tweet." If they were exploring OR colleges, why not mention that as well? Maybe OR colleges were being looked at as well but hubby had a link to the MI college so didn't want to mention the OR potential, alma mater and all that. Who knows.

It makes sense to me to go West to visit schools then spend time in MI where there is apparently a deeper connection with HK having gone to school there and with OG and younger son joining.
Quick trip to schools in OR followed by possibly week in MI. NYC public schools are on break this week.

ETA: who knows why he tweeted what he did in the way he did?

Last edited:
I actually thought about a woman too. Maybe a woman who is passionate about her husband and his cheating? JMO

When I first saw the still image I thought it looked like a woman, but now I see something different every time I look at the pic.

I feel like the handyman angle could be misreported. I wouldn’t doubt that someone who has worked for the family knows where they keep a spare key. But I don’t think it’s necessarily have to be a handyman. A link upthread says HK works from home. Does he have any employees that would work at his home office sometimes? Rhetorical question, not asking anyone to sleuth, I’m just thinking out loud. Jmo

a few people have brought that up, is that a big family holiday? My family never did anything special and most people I know don’t really do much either. It isn’t surprising to me at all that the family wasn’t together for it I guess.
Also, if oldest son is a senior most colleges require commitment by May 1, so time is running out to make final decisions. Planning these visits during hectic senior yr, especially with kids in extracurriculars & traveling parents often mean visits do not happen at expected/convenient times. Besides the family was planning to meet up over the holiday weekend regardless. Imho.

So, they had some extensive remodeling done to their house a while back as per the nyc department of buildings website and anyone who did any sort of electrical/plumbing/ general contracting is usually licensed if its a reputable company. Its also worth looking up if said companies use union labor, as those people can be easily looked up too or if they had any complaints or lawsuits against the company.
Also, if the guy was a handyman, the neighbors might know him as well. People in tight knit neighborhoods usually share lawn/maintenance or home improvement people.

I wonder if she was catfished by whoever she appeared to be waiting on at the bar to give the killer time to get in place? If the killer is the same person or just someone the cat-fisher hired, I can’t decide which makes more sense bc none of it makes sense. I do think they planned to relocate her body until they realized the bag was leaking (under the light) and just left her there. I wonder if they were picked up or had a car nearby. I know tons of ppl in NY/NJ don’t own cars bc they use public transportation for everything. Maybe they didn’t realize that many stab wounds wouldn’t cause that much blood? IMHO

So many things in this story absolutely make no sense.

It was Passover so I don’t understand the husband and son going to visit colleges instead of staying home with family. It was also Easter, so would colleges have staff to show them around? I assume they didn’t fly there to only look at buildings!

I read up thread that she was killed on the main floor (maybe a rumor) and then brought to the basement, why? Unless he/she knew that is where the sport bag was and had decided to dispose of the body. Why? So much easier to get out on your own.

The only reason I would want to get rid of a body is if I lived in the house! But they (the police) said that the son had not left the residence.

The text to the husband makes even less sense. Why do it? Unless it was to say: mission accomplished.

You have to add to all this that she seemed to have been a very “busy” lady opening the door to further conjectures.

It is spring break for high school students here. So it makes sense that last weekend/this week is a good time to go visit colleges. Also, in my area at least, colleges already had spring break. So maybe some local students went home for the weekend, but the colleges themselves weren’t closed. Imo

Queens map shows Orsolya Gaal’s whereabouts before and after slay as cops piece together final moments — NY Post
<snipped & BBM>
Gaal started the day early Friday in the backyard of her Juno Street home, then went to Manhattan’s Lincoln Center that evening with friends before she was spotted alone at a Queens bar later that evening.

Law enforcement officials believe Gaal’s killer was an acquaintance who didn’t plan the murder in advance.

[…]

3. Saturday around 4:30 a.m.: Video surveillance from a neighborhood doorbell camera at 100-18 75th Ave. captures a mysterious figure rolling the duffel bag down the street.
2015F320-A75A-438C-9808-4BCDDC6BEE8E.jpeg

I’m honestly at a loss as to why there hasn’t been an arrest in the case yet. There have been varying reports (more like rumors because they are originating from “unnamed sources”) as to whether or not police have a POI. Some reports say they don’t have one, others say they do have a POI but can’t locate them.

Between the physical evidence (blood, DNA, fingerprints) presumably left behind at the scene and the footage LE undoubtedly has of the killer dragging the bag along the streets, it seems like it should be an open and shut case. Perhaps LE is still processing evidence? Making sure the case is airtight before issuing a warrant/making an arrest? The longer we go without an arrest, the more I tend to think LE doesn’t actually have a POI.
It takes time to get DNA results back. I don't think it's been a long time. At least not as far as murder investigations go. I'd rather they take the time to get it right instead of a rush to judgement.

So, they had some extensive remodeling done to their house a while back as per the nyc department of buildings website and anyone who did any sort of electrical/plumbing/ general contracting is usually licensed if its a reputable company. Its also worth looking up if said companies use union labor, as those people can be easily looked up too or if they had any complaints or lawsuits against the company.
Also, if the guy was a handyman, the neighbors might know him as well. People in tight knit neighborhoods usually share lawn/maintenance or home improvement people.

I feel confident some neighbors know exactly who it was (or believe they do) due to cameras. It seems near impossible that no one’s camera would have caught a good face image imho. I think they are simply cooperating with police by remaining quiet about it. Anything happens in our neighborhood the first thing folks do is check their cameras.

The houses in their neighborhood are very nice homes, but they are very close together. Not even considering probable Ring doorbell cams, I do not believe the next door neighbors would have to be nosey busybodies to have a good sense of regular comings and goings at the Gaal house, and if she was entertaining someone who wasn't her hubby, often enough that he knew his way in and out of the house, I dare say the neighbor may have known and been able to describe the person to LE, as well as tell them what he drove, and who he worked for. I also wonder if they possibly could have even heard anything the night she was murdered. I know the son apparently didn't, but that does not automatically rule out that they may have heard or seen something. JMO

Last edited:
If only cases were like the fictional crime dramas, solved in 42 minutes, after taking out commercials.

Trying to piece together what exactly happened, from news reports and rumors, is frustrating and often inaccurate.

The big question I have is why the killer needed to remove OG's body from her house? At 4:30am when the killer is seen on a nest cam rolling the duffel bag down the sidewalk, that means the killer was in her house, with her body for hours.

Is the place where her body was found anywhere near the place alluded to in the text sent to HK?

No, Austin Street is closer to the subway station, in the opposite direction of where her body was found.

Here is a map (it’s a little crude since I’m on mobile)
979287D5-1F4D-4A47-9C17-79CDE081AAF7.jpeg

If only cases were like the fictional crime dramas, solved in 42 minutes, after taking out commercials.

Trying to piece together what exactly happened, from news reports and rumors, is frustrating and often inaccurate.

The big question I have is why the killer needed to remove OG's body from her house? At 4:30am when the killer is seen on a nest cam rolling the duffel bag down the sidewalk, that means the killer was in her house, with her body for hours.

Would have been about 3 to 3.5 hours they were there bc a New York Post article said she was killed around 12:40EST. IMO I wonder if they weren't doing clean up before taking her and leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper