NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time did the police arrive at the house and bring the 13 year old out?

Just trying to figure out how long he was actually in the house after the murder happened. And did the police have to walk him by the crime scene on his way out?? Yikes.

Indeed. This is the sloppiest case I have ever followed, hands down. It must have been a rage killing, because the perp clearly did not have a plan, IMHO. Nor was he able to formulate a good one on the spur of the moment. Can you imagine pulling a bag with a corpse inside down the street for five blocks? There's video galore, and as you mentioned, DNA. I am confident that LE will have someone in custody very soon. JMHO.
And.. this person has a very distinctive walk/gait, There is something wrong with it, they know their exact height from the objects they walked in front of, they undoubtedly have more video, perhaps better video, and they will soon have cell phone locations for every one of her contacts.

Indeed. This is the sloppiest case I have ever followed, hands down. It must have been a rage killing, because the perp clearly did not have a plan, IMHO. Nor was he able to formulate a good one on the spur of the moment. Can you imagine pulling a bag with a corpse inside down the street for five blocks? There's video galore, and as you mentioned, DNA. I am confident that LE will have someone in custody very soon. JMHO.
The question is, why was the perp there (at that hour) if they didn't intend to harm her? If they had a legitimate reason, why not visit during the day?

<modsnip - no link> could that mean video surveillance (externally or in the home) may have been either ambiguous by way of definitive identifying characteristics, deemed too circumstantial on its own for an arrest warrant, or even possibly deactivated ("advanced camera surveillance in the home")?

I'm guessing it's not as simple as cutting the power to a terminal to render a camera and/or cloud-storage obsolete. Or maybe they mean more than one perp involved in the crime and/or subsequent cover-up... or else I'm just generating ad revenue for them? I'd bet the latter if I bet on anything other than there's a lot I don't know.

Personally, I'm hoping they are painstakingly ruling out all possible avenues as not to be accused of having tunnel-vision come trial. Speculation only while I wait for "official" news.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I noticed this morning, which I found bizarre, is how long it took police to get a search warrant.

Multiple reports, including this one, state that police made an "emergency entry" into the house on Saturday morning after following the blood trail to the home. It was at this point that officers located the son on the top floor and saw the blood in the living room.

Despite the officers evidently seeing blood in the living room, however, it apparently took them hours to get a search warrant for the house, according to the New York Post (snipped & BBM):

"NYPD sources told The Post on Tuesday that detectives had asked the Queens District Attorney’s Office for a search warrant shortly after tracing the blood back to Gaal’s house Saturday morning.

But investigators weren’t given the warrant until early evening, costing them valuable time in gathering evidence, sources said."

If this information is accurate, I am truly at a loss as to why it would take hours to get a search warrant if officers saw blood in the home at the time of the emergency entry on Saturday morning. In New York, search warrants can be applied for with an oral application, particularly in emergency situations, so it's not like the police even needed to draft a written warrant.

Does emergency entry mean that they had no warrant or does it mean they broke down the door? And if the latter, the perp would have had to have locked the door.

What if it turns that there was never any “lover”? This poor lady.
I saw mentioned several times that “she was texting with 3 or 4 different men” in various links, and wondered why even mention that? Briefly looking through my own texts, I see recent messages from 3 men listed by first and last names. One is a friend, one is my stepdad, and one is a neighbor. You can’t tell that if you look at the recent messages between us. Definitely seems like they are pushing some narrative and trying to shame her in some way, as if texting men isn’t allowed. If they’re going to say “she was texting 3 other men!” at least also include more information about the nature of the messages if it’s worth mentioning at all (inviting them over to her house or something relevant), you know? If they’re totally innocent, don’t shame this poor deceased woman.

Does emergency entry mean that they had no warrant or does it mean they broke down the door? And if the latter, the perp would have had to have locked the door.
It is possible they had a code operated lock. We have one and many family and friends have the code. It would just be push to lock. If it was someone she knew, she may have given them the code prior. All total speculation and MOO.

What about a neighbor?
I thought about this too. One of the most significant things to me is why whoever it was didn’t use a car. Perhaps they aren’t old enough to drive, don’t know how, don’t own a car (more common in NYC than many places) or chose public transportation because they feared their car could be identified. But a neighbor who slipped out unnoticed and walked over might be concerned that later opening the garage door would wake up someome who would ask where they were going. Plus a neighbor might well have a copy of the key to bring in mail, water plants etc when the homeowners were traveling.

If it was a neighbor, it will be a stupid one. l’m comfortable going out on a limb to say anyone dragging a hockey bag down the street in the middle of the night (past numerous doorbell cameras and the occassional driver) is either remarkably stupid, in the midst of a paychotic break or too young to know better.

MOO

I know many posters mentioned the perp might have a weird or distinctive gait. I'm not so sure. It seems similar to be the typical gait of someone lugging a heavy wheeled bag. I've seen it at airports where the people will lean forward as they walk and kind of bounce along as the bag catches up with them and then has to be pulled again. It looks odd but it isn't because of the person's gait, it is the varying weight distribution of pulling the bag.

Last edited:
WHY would a married woman of 2 sons give ANY potential/actual lover an indication of where a house key is hidden? I just don't get that slant. Even if hubby was away on business frequently, the kids were home and you wouldn't want the other man just wandering in, right? Hoping the kids don't tell Dad what Mom is up to?
It’s possible that a lover might also be an in-law, neighbor or pet-sitter. Someome known to the rest of the family in a context other than lover.

Police want to talk to man in Queens duffel bag murder mystery – WABC
<snipped & BBM>
The investigation continues into the gruesome murder of a mother of two whose body was found in a duffel bag in Queens, with police now searching for a man whose number was found in the victim's phone.

Police are stressing the person is not a suspect or even a person of interest, rather just a person with whom they'd like to speak.

[...]

In the hours before her murder, police sources Gaal went out with female friends in Manhattan before going to a restaurant near her home by herself.

Police believe she either met her killer as she was leaving or when she got home.

Police want to talk to man in Queens duffel bag murder mystery – WABC
<snipped & BBM>
The investigation continues into the gruesome murder of a mother of two whose body was found in a duffel bag in Queens, with police now searching for a man whose number was found in the victim's phone.

Police are stressing the person is not a suspect or even a person of interest, rather just a person with whom they'd like to speak.

[...]

In the hours before her murder, police sources Gaal went out with female friends in Manhattan before going to a restaurant near her home by herself.

Police believe she either met her killer as she was leaving or when she got home.

If they met at the bar/restaurant, then, they have an eye witness as to who he was in the bartender.

A strange thought--- could the killer have been the partner of the man whose number was in the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps